Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #41
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybaby View Post
I am getting some of the very earliest outer bands now...winds...and skies are overcast. Temp dropped 8 degrees.
With the 200 mile radius of this thing, it is going to be a bumpy ride for all of us along the Coast...
Stay safe....blessings for all of us!!!
((((((( clay )))))))) hold on ~~ it's gonna be a bumpy ride ! plz be safe when that monster storm hits
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #42
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Prediction is now for later - 8am Tuesday instead of 2am Tuesday, and every bit that it's pushed back later is good for me - but it's still tracking to make landfall just 20 miles from my house and then track directly through my town as a cat 1.

Things like this make me nervous:
Quote:
"We're not trying to hype it," National Weather Service meteorologist Paul Kocin tells Bloomberg News. "What we're seeing in some of our models is a storm at an intensity that we have not seen in this part of the country in the past century."
Old 10-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #43
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

(((( dance )))))))) be safe ~
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #44
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
((((((( clay )))))))) hold on ~~ it's gonna be a bumpy ride ! plz be safe when that monster storm hits
(((((((((ocean)))))))))))) YES, it sure is!!! The bands are what I am slated to get.
The last thing I saw was that it is predicted to make a turn inland between DC and NE....as its first landfall!! If indeed it does go that way, it is predicted to go as far as Ohio, too with its effects.
Regardless, I think this is going to be one melluva hess.....everywhere along East Coast!!
200 mile wide band, full moon, high tides....hang on people!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #45
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

((((((((((((ocean)))))))))
I just wanted to say thank you...through every "predicted" event this entire season....YOU have always checked on me, spoke words of compassion, and remained a wonderful friend...I so appreciate YOU!!
You take care as well..I see you are "submerged"...smiles...so take care and be safe as well!! Thank You!!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #46
Nomad
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
disinterested

Thanked 3,745 Times in 734 Posts
Nomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST ReputationNomad Has the BEST Reputation

it's my first hurricane. does that make me a hurricane virgin?
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #47
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We're home and the first batch of storms are just coming out of Ohio. The nasty stuff will hit us later on Monday or Tuesday.

Brute, be careful and give yourself plenty of time, go slow and stay safe my friend. Everyone in the path, if you have a generator get it out of moth balls, get some gas, extra, and oil, spark plugs and NO cooking on hibachis in the house! Prior planning prevents problems.

Stay safe!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #48
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Of course! Are you in the path -- which means pretty much anywhere east coast/NE?

Need ideas for preparations? Or for appropriate hurricane party beverages?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #49
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Holy crap in a bucket: Expected accumulative rainfall for my area is almost 13" -- right at the center of this diagram, highest for any place along the storm path. We normally get around 45" of rain PER YEAR.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #50
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Chateau Reader in New Jersey is open for business!
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #51
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
CIJS-(I know that is another thread) That there are many naughty and tawdry remarks I almost replied to your post, but, I didn't!

Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #52
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

3 to 6 inches of rain expected with the second storm (Sandy).
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #53
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Oh Sandy!

So far it's been a nice over cast day here in the Jax area...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #54
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Too early to know for sure what this storm will do, but I believe there's no doubt that wherever it hits, it will be massive, it will be slow moving, and it will be messy.

Grocery stores are already crazy here. I picked up some extra gallons of water and non-perishable foods that don't involve cooking in case I lose power. Tried to pick the most healthy things I could.

Last year I lost power for 8 days in Irene, and then another 5 days in the Halloween storm. Three years ago I spent three days pumping 6 feet of water out of my basement. The news had coverage of my city mall under water. That was 4 days of no heat, no water, no electricity. I learned my lessons well.

I'd rather assume the worst but do so without over-panicking. Maybe I'm over-preparing but I'd rather have all my bases covered.

Things I did today:
* Removed everything from the yard that could become an 50 mph projectile into my windows
* Prepared to eat down as much of the frozen/refrigerated food as I can before the storm hits, so if I do lose power for days again, I won't throw out a ton of food
* Made sure I have plenty of clean drinking water for at least 4 days
* Stocked up the rest of the extra firewood in the garage so if I lose power, at least I can have fireplace heat
* Put all the candles, matches and flashlights in an easy place where I can find them. Also got out my old walkman and the batteries for that so I can listen to radio announcements via headphones if I need to.
* Put a flashlight in the car so if I lose power before I get home from work, I can find my way into and around the house to the other flashlights
* Started charging everything that needs to be charged.
* Got all my pumps, hoses and extension cords ready in the garage in case I get flooding again and need to pump water out.
* Started making lots of extra ice to fill the freezer and a cooler if I need to keep some food items on ice in a power outage.
* I don't have enough food in the fridge/freezer for it, but if I did, I would turn up the settings now to get them cooler.
* Filled up my gas tank, and some spare gas containers in the garage.
* Made sure I had a written list of phone numbers for friends in the area that can help me if I am stuck in case my cell phone dies.
* for the pets- I have a new bag of food and tons of clean litter.
* I double checked my evacuation kit and my medical kit, making sure I have everything I may need ready to go if I have to get the heck out of here.
* went to the library to pick up some good books.

Right before the storm I will..
* Unplug non-essential appliances in the event of a power surge
* Locate all of my shovels in the garage if this thing turns to snow
* make sure I have 4 days of clean clothes and towels in case I can't do laundry for days.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #55
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Sandy is expected to be a Cat 1 hurricane when it hits.

Not to scare people, but some of us have been through even just a "tropical storm", and they are frightening. If it is at all doubtful that you are safe where you are, there's no shame in getting out. Better to get out than to be hurt-or worse.

I would add in terms of prep, to get your important papers together in something fire and waterproof. Insurance policies, Social Security cards, ID's, birth certificates, all things like that.

Be safe.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #56
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dug out sleeping bags and extra blankets in case of power loss...have water and stuff...new batteries for weather radio and lanterns...brought in all my outdoor stuff today so it doesn't go flying away...charging everything I can on Mon and Tues...scared to death....we don't get this kind of thing around here....luckily my parents are close and they have a generator...so we can camp out there if need be...hang on everyone...let us all stay safe and warm. Love and hugs.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #57
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Since I am in an area that is lots of islands and bridges, I am watching this really closely. I have two bridges to cross over the Intercoastal to get off the Island.
There are two movable bridges in this place...both are being monitored by DOT...with high winds they will be shut down, and so will Maritime traffic!
Now where is that chocolate? <grin>
Old 10-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #58
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Great preparedness everybody!

Brace yourselves it's heading up FL into ya'lls neck of the woods.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #59
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

all i have to say is...i cant wait for this big bitch to pass.....i have a malformation of my inner ear that reacts to barometer changes and i have got a wicked headache from the storm front moving in so slowly.....if i were a sailor this would be a talent...a gift even....but since im not....it just friggin hurts....

cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #60
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I just left Charleston SC a few hours ago. It was windy, more so than normal and overcast. They were calling for a lot of rain for Saturday. I will be on Peaceful Ridge, and returning to Charleston Monday after the weather clears and the fog is out of my head.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: