Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > Canada Forums

Old 03-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #201
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
THIS is why i stopped eating meat years ago. my family was in the cattle industry, i know what it is supposed to be like, and this is not it.

dee

Agreed Dee. I grew up on a farm. The reason I quit eating beef was because of how tasteless the store bought crap was. I still don't understand what all the 'yummy' fuss is about. We grew, killed and butchered all of our own meat and poultry. There is no comparison. I really prefer a vegetarian diet. It just tastes better, to me. I don't care if someone eats meat, I am personally not offended.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #202
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
If you haven't signed this petition yet just click on the link.
It's a noble effort by Lead Now, but unfortunately no one can force the Conservatives to do anything within our present political system. This is why our system needs a serious revamping...which we can't do until another party gains control of Parliament. If the Canadian population as a whole were getting more progressive, I'd say that there were many ways we'd be able to hold the Cons accountable, but sadly this country is getting more conservative by the day. Sometimes it feels like we're heading backwards a decade rather than forwards as far as social consciousness and progressiveness.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #203
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post

Agreed Dee. I grew up on a farm. The reason I quit eating beef was because of how tasteless the store bought crap was. I still don't understand what all the 'yummy' fuss is about. We grew, killed and butchered all of our own meat and poultry. There is no comparison. I really prefer a vegetarian diet. It just tastes better, to me. I don't care if someone eats meat, I am personally not offended.
Even veggies taste like crap half the time. I can't find a decent carrot to save my life. I love chomping on a raw carrot but every time I buy a bunch they are either tasteless or flaccid or both. The same with radishes. I love radishes. I can't remember the last time I actually ate one that I enjoyed. The limp tasteless thing again. I wish I had the time and a way to grow my own stuff.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #204
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
It's a noble effort by Lead Now, but unfortunately no one can force the Conservatives to do anything within our present political system. This is why our system needs a serious revamping...which we can't do until another party gains control of Parliament. If the Canadian population as a whole were getting more progressive, I'd say that there were many ways we'd be able to hold the Cons accountable, but sadly this country is getting more conservative by the day. Sometimes it feels like we're heading backwards a decade rather than forwards as far as social consciousness and progressiveness.
Ya, I know. I think the world as a whole is getting more conservative by the day. By design I imagine. But then I'm a bit paranoid. Doesn't mean it's not a plot to keep the money in the hands of the few. It's so easy to get people to look below them on the socio-economic ladder for the cause of their financial problems. It's really the direction they want to look anyway. Just in case they get a chance to climb up a few rungs they want to keep the status quo. They just don't get there isn't much room for climbing anymore.

Quebec is having a stroke over the crime bill. They are seriously stressed here. It's hilarious. Most countries look to the states to understand what NOT to do regarding a prison system. Unfortunately now Canada appears to be looking to emulate them.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 AM   #205
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
Why do you no longer have the right to vote?
Elections Canada has determined that if you've been out of the country for longer than 5 years you cannot vote in any further elections.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #206
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
What does your right to vote, although you should of course have it, have to do with the robocall fraud?
Perhaps a new gov't might cause Elections Canada to change their policy?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #207
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

So today is the day that the NDP membership chooses a new leader.

There are three people left. Thomas Mulcair, Brian Topp, and Nathan Cullen. Peggy Nash got bumped out in the most recent vote.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #208
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I was honestly really disappointed that Nash was eliminated. She was really the only one I was really hoping to see lead the NDP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #209
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
I was honestly really disappointed that Nash was eliminated. She was really the only one I was really hoping to see lead the NDP.
She was probably the most NDP-like of the potentials, so it does suck.

Thomas Mulcair. I don't know! I didn't vote for him, but I think he'll be okay. He's probably a bit of a departure, but that might be a good thing.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #210
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
She was probably the most NDP-like of the potentials, so it does suck.

Thomas Mulcair. I don't know! I didn't vote for him, but I think he'll be okay. He's probably a bit of a departure, but that might be a good thing.
With Nash I felt she was a lot more involved in the community than most MPs seem to be. When I was still living in Parkdale I was impressed at how engaged and visible she was with the community, in contrast to most MPs who you don't see or hear from other than around election time.

I don't know how engaged/visible Mulcair has been in his riding for folks living there, but Nash is one of the rare politicians who reads "activist" to me. I don't get that from what little I know of Mulcair. It would have been nice to see a party leader that was more "activist" than "politician" in Canada.
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #211
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,855 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ontario Appeal Court decriminalizes brothels

Ontario's Court of Appeal has struck down Canada's ban on brothels or "bawdy houses," but says the ban on communicating for the purposes of selling sex should stand.

In a 132-page landmark decision, the court said Monday that the ban on brothels puts prostitutes in danger by forcing them to ply their trade outdoors. It said sex trade workers should be allowed to work safely indoors.

The court said the law against brothels was too broad because "it captures conduct that is unlikely to lead to the problems Parliament seeks to curtail." It said the impact is "grossly disproportionate" to the law's intent because "the safest way to sell sex is for a prostitute to work indoors in a location under her control."

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...#ixzz1qFsSiD9m
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #212
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Scrumptious View Post
Ontario's Court of Appeal has struck down Canada's ban on brothels or "bawdy houses," but says the ban on communicating for the purposes of selling sex should stand.

In a 132-page landmark decision, the court said Monday that the ban on brothels puts prostitutes in danger by forcing them to ply their trade outdoors. It said sex trade workers should be allowed to work safely indoors.

The court said the law against brothels was too broad because "it captures conduct that is unlikely to lead to the problems Parliament seeks to curtail." It said the impact is "grossly disproportionate" to the law's intent because "the safest way to sell sex is for a prostitute to work indoors in a location under her control."

Wow. That was interesting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #213
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/miss-u...192000420.html
Miss Universe Canada Disqualifies Transsexual Contestant: She was Born a Boy
Old 03-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #214
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Little lighter topic, prayers go out to those injured, hoping for a speedy recovery.. but otherwise.. holy crap!

This is right outside of my childhood home.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...S2jD8.facebook
Old 03-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #215
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
Little lighter topic, prayers go out to those injured, hoping for a speedy recovery.. but otherwise.. holy crap!

This is right outside of my childhood home.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...S2jD8.facebook
Money AND Candy all over the road? Hell yes!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #216
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/miss-u...192000420.html
Miss Universe Canada Disqualifies Transsexual Contestant: She was Born a Boy
In case anyone hasn't heard, Jenna Talackova was allowed back into the competition a few days ago.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/...eant-after-all

Obviously, I'm happy that a competition for women has chosen to include non-cis women (I originally said "all women"...but that really isn't true considering the standard of what qualifies as "beauty" in these things). At the same time, I'm not a big fan of "beauty contests," in general. So I think in some sense this is a victory, at least for trans rights and being recognised as one's true sex. On the other hand...beauty pageants have never sat well with me because of this idealisation of what female beauty "should" be, when it can be so many things, and why create a competition out of it? But either way, congratulations to Jenna and being able to compete in an area that she is passionate about.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #217
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Scrumptious View Post

And yet solicitation continues to be illegal... Honestly, our laws around sex work are really silly. You can be a sex worker, pay for sex/receive payment for sex, work in a brothel/own a brothel...but you can't solicit. It's like telling a shop owner that they can have their shop and sell their products, but they can't attempt to advertise/attract customers to their product. It has more to do with cracking down on sex workers than protecting them, imo. There is no reason sex work should not be entirely legal, and generally improve the treatment of sex workers. It's a business like any other as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #218
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gay activist killed in attack in Halifax.

A prominent gay rights activist and journalist in Halifax was beaten to death outside a popular gay bar, Canadian media organisations report, in what seems to be a homophobic hate crime.

LINK

There's some discussion as to whether or not this will be classified as a "hate crime" as the attacker was on a day pass from a local psychiatric facility.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #219
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Speaking of Canadian sexiness..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #220
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Default Toronto Folks!

Queer Femme Artist Circe has a show!

http://thatswomensworkarts.com/services/

Here are some of her Butch/Femme images from her Queer Lives Series. For those of you in the GTA, it's worth a trip to support this wonderful representation of queer and butch/femme inspired art!

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:

Tags
canada