kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

allergies and sinus congestion is kicking my BUTT.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #7002
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
That some members of my Scottish family maybe finally accepting the fact that I'm gay. ....I'm forever the optimist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
One black spot in the rest of my amazing and wonderful Christmas Day...

... Its one thing to know and understand your parents dont and wont accept you... or support you for who you are... Its possible to look the other way as long as they do the same...

... however, it hurts... when they throw it back in your face...

... Talking to my mom today, about the idea of moving out of the country... and how difficult it is to get a work visa as a teacher in Canada... her response was, well marry some rich, kind man... that would make it simple... I said, actually mom, in Canada I can marry a woman if I want to... and she just right out says... "You need to marry a man." ... *blink* and the conversation ends there... This is nothing new... I have been out for a while now, I am not changing my mind, or going back in the closet for them... *sigh*

but... maybe I do need to stop letting the intolerance slide... maybe I need to put down my foot and put up some barriers... I deserve to be loved by my "family" and if the one I was born with cant do that unconditionally... Maybe its time I concentrated on the one I'm building that does...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
I come from a family of Homophobes too. In my immediate family, all thats left is my sister. She officially disowned me after my brothers funeral. Life became a little easier. Sad but true. If no chosen family is left when I finally croak off, animal rescue league will be heir to my estate.

Anyhow, the standard line I am subjected to, be it a funeral, wedding or a run in at a grocery store is *Will you ever lead a normal life?* To which I reply *Tsk, Define Normal, like yours you mean?* Just once I'd love to be asked *How are you?* or *So, what are you doing now?* I found out long ago, life goes on...without them.
Still on that river in Egypt! ….De-Nile!

It seems I was a little too optimistic and mistook their, what appeared to be ‘acceptance’ of my sexuality, when in fact it was their choosing to ignore (yet again!) the obvious truth about me and clinging on too school playground prejudices!

I’m staying with them over Hogmanay in Scotland until the 2nd January….Oh the joy!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #7003
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

I hope I can find an apartment that allows cats. I might get a cat, and name her Lucy.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #7004
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

reading all the posts about families that refuse to except you as you are it makes me very sad ... Desd and I are both very lucky in that respect both sides of the family take us and love us as we are. We spent Christmas with her folks and they treat me as if I was one of their own and they love my daughter. My dad and Jen love Desd and are coming for the wedding from AZ. It never made a bit if difference to Dad that I was gay he takes me and loves me just as I am and her adores his granddaughter and make no mistake she is his even if my EX is her Bio mom Goose is still his granddaughter and he would fight anyone who said different
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #7005
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Very sad today. Can't stop thinking about the fact that I got laid off from my job and now I once again have to enter the job search. I really loved what I did, and the company I did it for. It makes me sad that a previous CEO walked away with millions and screwed the rest of us.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #7006
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
reading all the posts about families that refuse to except you as you are it makes me very sad ... Desd and I are both very lucky in that respect both sides of the family take us and love us as we are. We spent Christmas with her folks and they treat me as if I was one of their own and they love my daughter. My dad and Jen love Desd and are coming for the wedding from AZ. It never made a bit if difference to Dad that I was gay he takes me and loves me just as I am and her adores his granddaughter and make no mistake she is his even if my EX is her Bio mom Goose is still his granddaughter and he would fight anyone who said different
I’m very fortunate that my Maternal Grandparents were accepting, as was my twin brother and my English cousin and his parents. I’m closer to my English cousin than my Scottish ones and on my first time in the UK to study, he and my Aunt and Uncle were here and offered support….it was my first time away from my family and I was on the other side of the world and very scared. My cousin was there to show me London and get me accustomed to the city (….in the early 90s, London had just under twice the population as the entire country of NZ. I was used to a traffic jam of 15 cars and a million sheep! LOL!).

My cousin is protective of me….I’m like the little sister he never had and he is like another older brother (in no way does he replace my late twin brother). I was living in Scotland trying to spend time with my family; only, I constantly kept getting why wasn’t I married to a MAN and the various other comments. I was offered a job in London, again and took it! Nope! That didn’t go down well at the time, but, I said it was a promotion of sorts (it wasn’t an untruth, lol!).

I accept that my Scottish side of the family will most likely never accept that I’m gay and that is OK! ….even though it hurts. I see them once a year, less when living over seas and we email and chat on the phone.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #7007
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
I accept that my Scottish side of the family will most likely never accept that I’m gay and that is OK! ….even though it hurts. I see them once a year, less when living over seas and we email and chat on the phone.

Take me as I am...or don't. I no longer explain myself to anybody. I DON"T care what they think. It's my life, and I will live it my way.

Yet, when I am thrown onto the mix of the *family* I stand around and make a mental inventory of those who judge me. Let see, the laundry list goes like this. You stole from your employer, you have been married 4 times, you over eat and over drink, You used to do drugs, Wonder if you still do. Every time I see you, you have a different car and its always wrecked. Why is that? You cuss too much. You need to go to charm school. Another Boyfriend? But still not married what is that, 6 kids now?
blah blah blah...so really Do you think I care what they think?

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #7008
Julien

How Do You Identify?:
TG/GenderQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm flexible, but only up to a point.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,701 Times in 737 Posts
Julien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST ReputationJulien Has the BEST Reputation

What's on my mind? So much stuff that I don't know if I can multitask today.
Maybe I should make a list to organize it by importance and relevance.then I can concentrate on the things that I need to concentrate on and file the other stuff in the compartments in my mind
Easier said thank done

“Self-plagiarism is style.” Alfred Hitchcock

Formerly known as Graphiteta2s
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julien For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #7009
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
Take me as I am...or don't. I no longer explain myself to anybody. I DON"T care what they think. It's my life, and I will live it my way.

Yet, when I am thrown onto the mix of the *family* I stand around and make a mental inventory of those who judge me. Let see, the laundry list goes like this. You stole from your employer, you have been married 4 times, you over eat and over drink, You used to do drugs, Wonder if you still do. Every time I see you, you have a different car and its always wrecked. Why is that? You cuss too much. You need to go to charm school. Another Boyfriend? But still not married what is that, 6 kids now?
blah blah blah...so really Do you think I care what they think?
My Scottish family are an insular lot and all except my eldest Scottish cousin, they live (as far as they are concerned) a near perfect life….and, good on them! As I said; it’s OK! That they don’t accept me for my sexuality, and I’m the only girl out of 5 boys born of Norwegian Grandparents….it doesn’t stop me from feeling hurt, but, neither does it stop me from living my life the way I want.

We each live our lives as we feel is right and I realise that I am fortunate to still have the support of my family.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #7010
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Breakfast, and how absolutely delicious is going to be.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #7011
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default it is a family affair!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #7012
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Tomorrow closes a HUGE chapter in my life. It is very bittersweet, but I am finally living my life how I want, and I am happy. I will always cherish the past, but I am SO excited about the possibilities of my future.

Smiles and Hugs
Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #7013
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

things change slowly in life sometimes... and at others do a 360 in a day... but they always change... lately I have been thinking about how comforting that change is... and how when i expect it, and watch for it... I am the one to decide how and what that change is... and it gives me control, something that is also a comfort... I like the changes in my life right now... and the ones that I am planning for in the future.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #7014
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
things change slowly in life sometimes... and at others do a 360 in a day... but they always change... lately I have been thinking about how comforting that change is... and how when i expect it, and watch for it... I am the one to decide how and what that change is... and it gives me control, something that is also a comfort... I like the changes in my life right now... and the ones that I am planning for in the future.

you know yourself best.....and i know what you mean about change....it can happen so suddenly....and look back as if it happened in slow motion.....it can be comforting to know that you can shape changes u make in your life...esp the positive ones! ....im soo happy you like where you are .....
TheDreadPirateRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDreadPirateRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #7015
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

What's on my mind... how bad my freakin' foot hurts right now. I went home for my lunch break, decide to be a responsible adult & bring the trash can back up to the house, and my graceful self somehow twisted my ankle on a rock. *disclaimer, yes I was wearing flip flops*

The longer I sit here, the worse it is starting to feel. I really hope I didn't break something in my foot.

*OUCH*
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #7016
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Looking foward to 2012

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #7017
TheDreadPirateRoberts

How Do You Identify?:
self made
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
perfectly content with true love

TheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST ReputationTheDreadPirateRoberts Has the BEST Reputation

whats on my mind....dinner....how awesome it is to see my dear ones smiling...your voice in my head....and wondering what it is you have planned
TheDreadPirateRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDreadPirateRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #7018
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

everything , I am trying to be positive , but I also have to be realistic . What if ? What am I going to do ?
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #7019
JackMcGrath
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Permanently Banned 12/30/11 - Previously banned member under a new name

JackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST ReputationJackMcGrath Has the BEST Reputation
Default Onward to 2012.

So very much is on My mind.. yet, I am at peace with it all. I am loving the feeling.. and it will only get better.. I will make it so.
JackMcGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackMcGrath For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #7020
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreadPirateRoberts View Post
whats on my mind....dinner....how awesome it is to see my dear ones smiling...your voice in my head....and wondering what it is you have planned
All the things I have planned are on my mind... AND... you will just have to wait and be surprised!!