Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #41
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for the thread, Sachita.

I'm all set here. Prefer to be overly-prepared because there was this one time when I wasn't..and let's just say it was quite uncomfortable..so I don't fuck around anymore.

The preparations that I've made are, plenty of coal and wood for the coal-wood burning stoves (they also can be cooked upon, if need be).
Also prepped my two generators...one for my house electricity, and one for my well. I also filled four large cans of gasoline for the genny's. I also have a cb radio..as well as a transister radio..and kerosene hurricane lamps.
My snow plow I attached to my truck yesterday..and I have my snow mobile all fueled up.
I have a kerosene heater set up, as well...and non-perishables and several big water jugs (always have that stuff, though)
My parents also have a house in my area, that's very secure, if I do need to leave my home for any major reason, like unforseen roof damage.

The street plows have been out since 9am..and it began steadily snowing here at 8am this morning.

One of my biggest concerns is for livestock that is kept outside during these types of storms..but most around these parts, know how to prepare their animals properly.

Hope everyone within the storm's path stays safe, warm, and well.

>>The best part about these things, is the slopes will be SWEEEET!
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #42
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hello From Rochester, NY! Snowing hard here now....been going since about 8:30am....just looked out at the parking lot here at work....ummmmmmmm......seems a bit deep...and it's wet and heavy snow so far....hope they get a move on it before 4pm.....NO way I am staying here any later than that!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #43
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved View Post
I am supposed to drive from central NJ to western MA tomorrow morning. I am not amused. I am a nervous driver.
Is this an absolute must-do trip? I hate to say it but I would not count on being able to do it. The worst of the storm will be overnight.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #44
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,173 Times in 3,023 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
Is this an absolute must-do trip? I hate to say it but I would not count on being able to do it. The worst of the storm will be overnight.
I was wondering that too.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #45
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,620 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Western Mass reporting in

It's been snowing all morning but only amounted to 3" of wet snow, the heavy bands of snow are moving into the region now and the roads are starting to get mucky.

School was called off half-day, I am now home, snug, supplied up and have no intention of going anywhere for the next 24-48hours.

They're predicting 2-3 feet of snow for our region now.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #46
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am supposed to drive from central NJ to western MA tomorrow morning. I am not amused. I am a nervous driver.

Hi Beloved, unless it is an emergency it would be much better if you did not make that journey, for your safety and for the sake of emergency responders.

/snip

Governor Deval Patrick has declared a state of emergency across Massachusetts, and will ban non-emergency vehicles from roadways after 4:00 P.M.

"Governor Deval Patrick has declared a state of emergency across Massachusetts, and will ban non-emergency vehicles from roadways after 4:00 P.M.

Heavy snowfall across the state and high winds, particularly in eastern Massachusetts have brought about public safety concerns.

Patrick says that the emergency declaration allows the state to better implement resources. 1,000 National Guard troops currently on-duty, with 5,000 troops ready to go."

Buses and trains have suspended service. Some roads that are notoriously treacherous have already been closed in Western Mass.

We don't anticipate this being finished until Saturday evening - at the very earliest - and the roads aren't likely to be safe/passable until Sunday mid-morning.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #47
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

be safe, stay warm everybody. Hope it passes fast! Keep checking in and thanks!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #48
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Portsmouth NH is getting restless... LOL and its been 1/2 a day. Sparkle and Talon are seriously helping me understand the weather and what to do with their updates.

Our light and fluffy snow is now wet. The breaks the weather channel predicted never happened. I can only imagine what folks driving home now are experiencing.

Winds expected start at 2pm in the 25mph range. Moving to the 30+ mph range by 9pm.

Be safe and warm friends!
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #49
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Bangor ME present

Slow and steady since about 8am its at a lull right now. Due to pick up at 4 or so. I head home at 6 around the start of the heaviness. Senior staff plans to cab me home out of petty cash. And again in the morning if the buses don't run.

The vote of the day - bring on 3 to 5 feet. We wanna play!!

Damn I love badass hardcore Mainers
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #50
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Horizontal rain-snow mixed has started. Winds still not too bad in the 30 mph range. Temps holding for the time being.

Emergency management team has started the call tree. Rain/freezing rain/snow thru Saturday night. Sustained winds expected in the 50-60 mph range with gusts to 90.

Have recalculated the way big old oak trees sitting in saturated ground are likely to topple given the wind speed and direction. Now, I have to go move my car again.

Am ignoring the fact the trees have a higher probability of falling on the building than in the parking lot. Cant do anything about that.

I was scoping out who is gone for the winter and left a gas grill behind.

Am beginning to feel like I am in an episode of Survivor - Cape Cod.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #51
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
somehow I think your driving plans will be delayed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #52
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

Bring it, Mother Nature! I love this stuff. My pantry and wood pile are both amply stocked, vino, weed and two good friends staying with me...I plan to build an igloo in my back yard.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #53
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

reporting in from central mass

I am home finally. I had to turn down a load so I could make it home before the ban on driving began. I really didnt have time to do it so no trouble at work

The roads i some areas are clear but most are NOT. I have yet to figure out why they put sand ont he road and refuse to plow it.

Im glad that my baby isnt goingto TRY and come home tonite. The way they are talking I wont see her till sunday nite when she comes home.
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #54
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot to mention I'm chiming in from Boston.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #55
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
Yeah, I realize this probably isn't going to happen when I want it to. I wonder if the roads will be clear by afternoon? If not I will have to leave Sunday.

I wish I left yesterday.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #56
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

I need more to do when stuck in the house. That is what Nemo has taught me.

The winds arrived at 4:00, let the drifting begin.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #57
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

Reporting from Rhode Island.

Work let us out at 11 am so I was home long before any serious snow started. It's not too bad here, but it's a very heavy, wet snow. I've done one round of shoveling so far, and will probably do two more tonight before the really heavy snow and winds hit.

Other than that, I've swept, vacuumed, and mopped in the house. Good times.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #58
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

The Mayor just did a robocall and email blast letting us know about the ban on driving ($500 fee if stopped ). His message also indicated that we will be getting the blizzard winds and that we should plan for power outages for up to 24hours. Which will be annoying if it comes to fruition.

With all of the hurricanes, flash floods, tornadoes and freak early snow storms we've had the past few years -- preparing for power outages is becoming old hat.

I've started cooking, I'm roasting a chicken breast and potato, parsnip and sweet potato, I'm going to make a salad and generally prepare things that will be appetizing both hot and cold. (Because goldfish crackers and granola bars grow old, really quickly). I'm doing my dishes as I go along. Clearing counters and cleaning them with disinfectant -- if we lose power I won't be able to wash/clean anything properly and things get manky really quickly. Cleaning pet food and water bowls for the same reason. Taking out the trash and recycling.

I didn't fuss about doing these things until I realized we might actually lose power.

I'm bringing extra duvets and blankets up from the basement so they're not freezing cold. And generally making sure everything I need is to hand (candles, lighters, matches, flashlights, batteries etc) and that things are generally tidy. Charging up my phone and computer and checking in on family and friends.

We have about 4" of snow. Its powdery and dry. But its falling at a moderate rate, it would be quite lovely outside if it weren't for the wind (which makes it feel icy and bitter cold).

Beloved, they've predicted that the worst of the winds and the heaviest of the snow will be overnight, and that the storm will keep coming until late day tomorrow. But they don't really know when it will end or when the roads will be deemed safe. If the snow and winds end early enough tomorrow (morning) they may be able to get the roads clear before the sun goes down and freezes them up again. The driving ban will stay in place until the worst of it is over and the roads have been cleared.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #59
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

upstate NY checking in we have been getting snow since about 1pm while I was on the way home from picking up my daughter for the weekend so far it is steady but nothing more then what we normally get looks like we will be getting the lighter side of the storm but we are prepared
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #60
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We have about a 1/2 inch and it just started snowing harder, we'll be fine...Tomorrow it's supposed to be frigid again and Sunday 40's. So since we aren't going anywhere neither one of us are shoveling a thing. Stay safe y'all.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:

Tags
nemo