How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm finally engaged...in a wonderful book. Its been a while since I found one I could sink my brain into...

I'm reading Thomas Jefferson: The art of power by Jon Meacham

Its a very interesting book about an amazing man. I even read the prologue...which I never do...
Old 11-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #2502
SoulShineFemme

How Do You Identify?:
All girl. All the time.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Married to my beloved ONLY

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,363 Times in 455 Posts
SoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I finished The Tenth Insight by James Redfield and moved on to Birth of a Killer by Darren Shan
SoulShineFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SoulShineFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2015, 11:27 PM   #2503
Humanesque

How Do You Identify?:
Human and approachable.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Siri answered the question! Eating Shark Soup and laughing to the bank!

Location: Right where I am supposed to be on the Hill in the arms of friends,family my loved ones. California
Humanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST Reputation

Churchill- Roy Jenkins
Humanesque is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Humanesque For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 12:46 AM   #2504
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading the Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1.

And yes, I'm a fan of the TV show, though late to the table. I know there are some major plot differences between the TV show and the comic book, and that reading the comic book will not solve the Big Cliffhanger of the current season, but I'm invested enough in the characters now to care about them in the comic form.

Only 2 more compendiums to go!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:33 AM   #2505
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to be on a 4 day holiday, over the weekend, and although I'm keeping my plans open, I'm going to read novels by Chaim Potok. I will probably save my very favorite book of all his books for the last, which is titled The Chosen.

The first time I read The Chosen, I was a sophomore in high school. The story of David and his struggle with his father, life at school and at home and conflicts within his family, has stayed with me since long ago.

Here's an excerpt from the very first page:

"When a trout rising to a fly gets hooked on a line and finds himself unable to swim about freely, he begins with a fight which results in struggles and splashes and sometimes an escape. Often, of course, the situation is too tough for him.

In the same way the human being struggles with his environment and with the hooks that catch him. Sometimes he masters his difficulties; sometimes they are too much for him. His struggles are all that the world sees and it naturally misunderstands them.

It is hard for a free fish to understand what is happening to a hooked one..." (Karl A.Menninger).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2015, 12:51 AM   #2506
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Goatsong by Tom Holt
Old 11-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #2507
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation
Default Phenomenal.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #2508
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default The lioness in winter : writing an old woman's life / Ann Burack-Weiss.

"Ann Burack-Weiss, a gerontologist with more than forty years of experience, analyzes and engages with the writings of a dozen well-known authors for insights into old age. Featured are Maya Angelou, Colette, Simone de Beauvoir, Joan Didion, M.F.K Fisher, Doris Grumbach, Carolyn Heilburn, Doris Lessing, Florida Scott-Maxwell, May Sarton, Anne Roiphe, and Alexis Kate Shulman, among others, all of whom wrote about essential issues in old age including physical changes and disability, living alone, reflecting on and revaluing the past, generativity, public life, and the changing roles of family and friends. Burack-Weiss frames the reading of these texts in relevant theory and research including an introduction that discusses narrative theory and developmental, gerontological, and feminist perspectives on the older woman" -- Provided by publisher.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2015, 10:01 AM   #2509
pamela

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

pamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputation

just found this:

https://www.literotica.com/s/chance-encounter-22
pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #2510
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

This book had me on the edge of my seat, needless to say. I was near vomiting in many parts of this book because WARNING: It is very explicit. The survival instinct kicks in and the rest is history. Here is a link below for more information about Lori and her book and the horrendous journey she had to endure. True story.

http://www.loris-song.com/

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #2511
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading French Broad by Wilma Dykeman

Its a factual narrative about a local river, the French Broad, and its history beginning in the 1700s. So far I have learned much. I didn't anticipate that so many local "heroes" would be guilty of genocide (of the Cherokee) though.

It does relate how the river helped with trading and is the main reason why towns (like Asheville) came into existence so long ago when settling here was such a difficult thing.

I'm immersing myself in local history. I'm hoping this will be the first book of many on the subject.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #2512
trixie

How Do You Identify?:
independent spinster lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
she-ra, princess of power
Relationship Status:
one is the magic number

trixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputationtrixie Has the BEST Reputation

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

The Tender Bar by J. R. Moehringer

Hot Money by Dick Francis

Nothing very challenging but enjoyable nonetheless.
trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trixie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #2513
afrcnqueen

How Do You Identify?:
By name
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happy on my journey to Self- Love!! :-)

afrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Deadly Proof: A Victorian San Francisco by M. Louisa Locke

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Old 11-29-2015, 11:11 AM   #2514
TheHinduPose

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 3,093 Times in 887 Posts
TheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST Reputation

Reread of an old friend .......

TheHinduPose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheHinduPose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2015, 12:33 PM   #2515
angelface
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

angelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputation

angelface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to angelface For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #2516
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHinduPose View Post
Reread of an old friend .......

I would love to start a sub thread on books that people re-read.

There aren't many books that I can honestly say I've done this with. The only one that comes to mind is Little Women. Sometimes I just need its comfort.

This discludes poetry of course. That can be re-read infinitely and you still get a different feel from it.

Any which way, I figure that books that people return to have a higher merit than others. Just my happy little opinion
Old 12-08-2015, 09:11 AM   #2517
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Just beginning for a book club meeting later this month...

Sula
by Toni Morrison
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #2518
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default poemas

"Felicity" by Mary Oliver

Her latest poetry collection...exquisite.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2015, 08:41 PM   #2519
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
"Felicity" by Mary Oliver

Her latest poetry collection...exquisite.

Greco

I just found a box of books I somehow didn't unpack and I was delighted to find a book of Mary Oliver's poetry within....

I knew I had a book of her poems somewhere....
Old 12-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #2520
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb Healing Trauma with Wolves

Currently reading a beautiful article on how Wolf dogs have shown to help
Veterans who suffer with PTSD cope with it better.
Here is the article:
Healing with Wolves

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading