Old 10-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #101
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzman View Post
In order to feel loved...

I need to be able to trust before I can feel loved and in order for that trust to take form, I need to see that what you say and what you do match up as one and the same.

I am a deep and constant thinker and need for you to reach those depths with me. I can't live well in shallow land.

I need emotional intimacy as much as I need sexual intimacy, if not more.

I need to know we are on the same team and that you have my back.

I need honesty and truth

I need for you to be doing your work as far as your health goes; emotional, mental, spiritual and physical health. And I need for you to gently kick my ass if I am not doing mine.

I need shared laughter and a time to be like kids when appropriate to do so. Humor is important to me.
This is an excellent post, Jesse.

The things that help me to feel loved have evolved over time. At one point, it was the physical love and the physical actions that made me feel loved. While I enjoy that still, at this point, it's the "small" things that many people don't even think about that do it for me.

I need consideration as a human being and as an equal partner. I need pleases and thank yous and manners in general. I need the daily sensitivities that tell me that my partner is thinking of me and what I may want or need. I need to know that my partner thinks of me like I think of them, and often. I need to be a priority in their life, though I may not always be the highest priority at that moment, I need to be up there.

I need for my partner to see the big picture not exactly as I do, but to SEE it...to have their own plan for their life and path and for OUR union and path. I need for my partner to have similar goals and beliefs concerning the big stuff (knowing my big stuff might not equal someone else's big stuff, of course). I need them to walk that path, during the process of obtaining those common goals, with me...side by side, and knowing their needs are neither greater nor lesser than mine.

I need laughter and shared jokes. The more offensive the better, because I need my partner to be as much of a deviant as I. I need tender moments in quiet times and the knowledge that that moment means just as much to me as it does to my partner. I need patience in spades and forgiveness when it doesn't come easily from myself. I need my partner to love me more than I love myself, because as hard as I am on them, I am much harder on myself.

I've used the term partner several times now and that is what a relationship is to me: a partnership. A team. Both members must look out for one another and be kind to one another and forgive one another when those moments come (and they will) and keep working towards the team's goals in the big picture. They need to act as one entity, moving and flowing in unison.

Mind you, this doesn't mean spending every waking moment with one another or tying two of your legs together or anything like that. Heaven knows, Organic would have been strung out on the balcony a long time ago if that were the case. The relationship takes on a life of its own and that is what needs to be fluid and evolve.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #102
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Gosh these posts in here are just fabulous and it shows that many, many of us have had that opportunity to really REALLY feel love. What a wonderful thing.

I agree with everyone that so many things truely can help you achieve that level of connection to allow someone into that special place that we protect at all costs until we trust someone and welcome them into that wonderful part of who we are.

There is one thing though, imo, above all the other wonderful dynamics of being treated good, cuddled, reassured, trusted and trusting, honesty, devotion, tenderness all of those precious parts in a real loving relationship...

And that is, imo, that look.

It is a look from their eyes that radiates back into mine that is just beyond anything that can really be explained.

It is that place where songs are written before they are sung, where poetry is thought of before it is written, where dancing is felt before any movement and a place where the words "I love you" are touched before they are spoken.

That to me is what *i* need, want and desire. That is love and if that place is felt..the rest will fall into place.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #103
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I look deep into my eyes and say I lovel you in the mirror or I drink a smooth whiskey and smoke a good cigar
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #104
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Oh. I was waiting for an opportunity to post another one of June's unpopular (and personal) opinions.

Rule #1 - Femmes Always Run The Fuck. Even when they're taking it from behind.
High five to you my beautiful Femme sis!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #105
Stargazer

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Majesty
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Stargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST ReputationStargazer Has the BEST Reputation

Fun and interesting thread and with so many commonalities I wonder if were all consciously giving it back..

but anywho...

What I need to feel loved:

I need to know you got my back.. day and night, when i am right and when I am wrong. Not to stand up for me but with me or support me when I am wrong and say so.. gently...

I need someone to share the load. Not just expect life will miraculously poof in front of them.. this includes clean clothes, the dinner, a movie night out, or a vacation abroad..

Hold my hand

Sleep with me at night

Hug me before running off in the morning

leave the world outside our front door, often.

Surprise me.. little tiny cute girly things..

Honesty, say yeah or nah and know its ok.. and make sure its ok when I say it back. Mean what you say or dont say it at all. If you're not getting what you need, say so.

equality

Make us as important than you or me

Im sure there is more or even less but the older I get the more I see how important working together to make the relationship makes me feel loved, to know I am important, cherished, needed, wanted, desired, when were both in it for each others well being.

Star
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stargazer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #106
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Oh. I was waiting for an opportunity to post another one of June's unpopular (and personal) opinions.

Rule #1 - Femmes Always Run The Fuck. Even when they're taking it from behind.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #107
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

I look to myself for love because if i dont love myself then I cant have anyone else love me, I need honesty and trust.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetfemme247 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #108
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default To feel loved I need ...

I need to be treated with kindness, respect, open-ness and honesty on a continuum. And if she laughs at my corny jokes a lot of the time, then that is great too.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #109
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default what makes me feel loved

waking up gentlly as she crawls on top to lay her head on my shoulder and fall back asleep.
Soft unexpected kisses for no reason.
Surprise visits out of the blue.
The feeling of her touch when she reaches for me in the middle of the night.
Bringing me a cold drink on a hot day , just cos she figured I needed it.
Being a partner in home projects.
Being honest and trustworthy, so I would never doubt or have to look over my shoulder.
Be as invested in US as I am.
Make sacrifices , IE. sit through a boring football game happily.
Know how to get through to me when I'm being hard headed, if I'm in love with you , you have the power to win any disagreement we could ever have, if you know how to get through to me.
Little notes left in unexpected places, telling me why she loves me.
Grabbing my hand and pulling me away from a project , and walking me directly into the bedroom , I see candles burning and ........
Communication about everything.
Taking care of me when I'm hurt or sick.
Knowing what loyality, and devotion, and love mean.
Being able to sense when I'm not ok, even if I say I am.
Buying small inexpensive gifts like my fav gum, placing it in my breifcase to find when I get to work.
Get up early on a work day and secretly make me breakfast while I'm in the shower.
Put a sweet love note in my lunch box.
Send me hand written love letters or cards in the snail mail,
Make me something with your own 2 hands, even if it's a poem that you put in a frame for me.
Playing little jokes on me so we both laugh out loud.

Last edited by JAGG; 10-27-2010 at 07:36 PM.
JAGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JAGG For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #110
Tucker

How Do You Identify?:
A pretty little thing
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fatale
Relationship Status:
Independently owned and operated

Thanked 1,294 Times in 486 Posts
Tucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST ReputationTucker Has the BEST Reputation

I need a Bad Boy.
I need Mischevious, Raw, and Nasty guys.
To feel loved, I need to not hear things like "Baby. Princess. Darling.
I need to hear things like "Girl. Mine. HellCat"

Last edited by Tucker; 10-27-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: I felt like it
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tucker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #111
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

A Look

Nurture Me

Laugh With Me

Consistency in Words and Actions

Affection Lots And Lots Of It

Trust

Honesty

Sensitivity

Romance

Making Me A Priority

Be Spontaneous. Surprise Me At My Place At My Job...

Fall Asleep In My Arms

Love me for me. Dont try and change me. Im stubborn as hell. But if you have my heart I'll hang the moon for you...

Last edited by bigbutchmistie; 10-27-2010 at 07:35 PM.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #112
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
waking up gentlly as she crawls on top to lay her head on my shoulder and fall back asleep.
Soft unexpected kisses for no reason.
Surprise visits out of the blue.
The feeling of her touch when she reaches for me in the middle of the night.
Bringing me a cold drink on a hot day , just cos she figured I needed it.
Being a partner in home projects.
Being honest and trustworthy, so I would never doubt or have to look over my shoulder.
Be as invested in US as I am.
Make sacrifices , IE. sit through a boring football game happily.
Know how to get through to me when I'm being hard headed, if I'm in love with you , you have the power to win any disagreement we could ever have, if you know how to get through to me.
Little notes left in unexpected places, telling me why she loves me.
Grabbing my hand and pulling me away from a project , and walking me directly into the bedroom , I see candles burning and ........
Communication about everything.
Taking care of me when I'm hurt or sick.
Knowing what loyality, and devotion, and love mean.
Being able to sense when I'm not ok, even if I say I am.
Buying small inexpensive gifts like my fav gum, placing it in my breifcase to find when I get to work.
Get up early on a work day and secretly make me breakfast while I'm in the shower.
Put a sweet love note in my lunch box.
Send me hand written love letters or cards in the snail mail,
Make me something with your own 2 hands, even if it's a poem that you put in a frame for me.
Perfect! one teensy lil thing to add.....laughter and lots of it!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #113
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickLola View Post
Perfect! one teensy lil thing to add.....laughter and lots of it!
You are 100% correct I fixed my error thank you . How could I skip that one?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #114
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

to wake everyday knowing she is here.
yesterday is gone, tomorrow may never come.
so for today, I am here.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #115
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation
Default it doesnt take a lot

Toast.

Make me some fucking toast and call it a meal, then tell me you love me.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #116
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

I am finding that I need a sense of team work with my partner, on many levels, including the things that Im working one outside of our relationship.
If I am deeply involved and passionate about a project, if my partner does not show ANY interest or any willingness to listen and at least be somewhat involved in, I feel less valued.

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #117
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know anymore. But that doesn't mean I give up.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 AM   #118
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I am working my 12 steps of AA and doing my inventory and you know, I have discovered a whole bunch of stuff about me.

Including how I define love.

as well as how I have settled for what wasnt love

and

how I justified it in my head.

I put down in an earlier post that I need attention to feel loved. Thats correct. I do. Its the number one thing I must have from someone in order to feel loved. It doesnt have to be alot. It doesnt have to be lavish. But it has to be ENOUGH. And if I have to spell out to them what enough is, then I dont feel loved. Period. Its simply not the right relationship for me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2010, 07:08 AM   #119
rlin

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 1,190 Times in 451 Posts
rlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputation

basically i only need respect...
it seems like a small thing...
but...
all those other little things can be present... all the right moves... looks... words...
but...
realizing that respect is not there blows it all away...
rlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rlin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #120
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

fruit snacks and granola
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post: