Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Maryland Forums

Old 09-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #21
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

pinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputation

It will be great to see you, again, and to hear about your trip.
pinkajl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #22
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I am thinking about crossing the river to attend. I don't know the area, how is parking? Garage/ street?
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #23
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

pinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputationpinkajl Has the BEST Reputation

Sappho's is located in the Mt. Vernon area of Baltimore, which is thought of as the gay-neighborhood. Sappho's is right above Grand Central, a gay bar and night club, at the corner of North Charles Street and Eager Street. If you know where The Hippo is, Sappho's is diagonally across the street. It's a few miles up from the Inner Harbor.

Since we meet at 7:00pm, you can generally find parking on Charles St. As you head north, Charles St will divide around the Washington Monument starting at Centre St. When the lanes come back together at, you can begin to look for on street parking, since you'll be at 2-3 blocks south of Sappho's.

Or, you can pay to park in the open-air, attended parking lot right at the corner of Eager and Charles.

We hope to see you, OSB.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkajl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #24
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

You should come!! Cross that nasty river and come to Maryland, also known as Happyland. We parked right in front of bar last month, no problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
Well, I am thinking about crossing the river to attend. I don't know the area, how is parking? Garage/ street?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #25
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

AlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkajl View Post
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Can't make this month? Mark your calendar so you can join us at Sappho's on Saturday, October 29 for our costume party.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OH MAN! So are we actually doing the Halloween costume themed party?! o.o I'm so excited now. ^_^
No day but today!"
AlphaDrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #26
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

Well, you asked, AD, so why not?

Also, for those who might not have read back in the thread, we have a facebook group that you can join. Since it's a closed group, just be sure to let me know your BFP username and I'll add you.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/BaltimoreBF/

Same goes for our yahoogroup. Not everyone is on FB, so we created the email list, also. If you send me a PM with your personal email address, I'll add you. The yahoogroup has a calendar and includes details about events other than Sappho's.

Pink.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #27
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sappho's is located in the Mt. Vernon area of Baltimore, which is thought of as the gay-neighborhood. Sappho's is right above Grand Central, a gay bar and night club, at the corner of North Charles Street and Eager Street. If you know where The Hippo is, Sappho's is diagonally across the street. It's a few miles up from the Inner Harbor.
I have only been to the Hippo once, several years ago for the Dash Bash... I had on blue bunny ears..I don't remember where it is located. I wish I could forget the bunny ear incident!

Quote:
Since we meet at 7:00pm, you can generally find parking on Charles St. As you head north, Charles St will divide around the Washington Monument starting at Centre St. When the lanes come back together at, you can begin to look for on street parking, since you'll be at 2-3 blocks south of Sappho's.
at where?

Quote:
Or, you can pay to park in the open-air, attended parking lot right at the corner of Eager and Charles.

We hope to see you, OSB.
Thank you very much. I will right it down on my calender. I hope to make it this month. I definitely need social activities!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #28
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dirt Girl View Post
You should come!! Cross that nasty river and come to Maryland, also known as Happyland. We parked right in front of bar last month, no problem at all.
Ok, I will do my best. It will be great to meet new folks. Being retired, I don't get much social contact, especially with my community!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #29
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah. I don't really think of VA as being a very b/f, or even just plain old gay, friendly place. I used to live in Alexandria but the only thing I liked about it was the little marina at Dyke Marsh. (Teehee, it really is called Dyke Marsh. One more reason to love it!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
Ok, I will do my best. It will be great to meet new folks. Being retired, I don't get much social contact, especially with my community!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #30
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dirt Girl View Post
Yeah. I don't really think of VA as being a very b/f, or even just plain old gay, friendly place. I used to live in Alexandria but the only thing I liked about it was the little marina at Dyke Marsh. (Teehee, it really is called Dyke Marsh. One more reason to love it!)
I know! We use to have picnics near there just so we could say just past Dyke Marsh!
As for B/F folks, I know they must be here somewhere, I have a few coupled ones, but none near me.....they all seem to be in Maryland.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:00 AM   #31
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

OSB,

I would encourage you to look at google maps, as my navigational skills tend to be one of my weakest areas. However, when you're driving up North Charles Street from the Inner Harbor, it's a one-way street. At Centre Street, the road splits and travels around the Washington Monument and these 2 block-long "parks" in the center of the roadway. Charles Street rejoins at either Madison or Monument Street and continues northbound normally. Once Charles Street rejoins, Sappho's will be on the right side of the road 2 or 3 blocks further up. It really is quite simple, once you can get on North Charles.

If you make it, which we hope you do, don't forget to bring your cigars (if you smoke) for time out on the terrace; and your old DVD movies for the swap.

Pink
Old 09-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #32
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Hi all! I had a great time tonight. Really great to meet you all. I sure would like to get a group started over here in Northern Va!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #33
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

I'm glad you could make it, OSB. I had a hankering for fried green tomatoes, so it was great to get a group together and have supper ahead of time, also.

Perhaps you, or other BFP folks, will want to join us at the Charm City Kitty Club on Saturday, Oct 15. We're meeting around 6:30 for drinks in the lobby and then the show at 7. Advance ticket purchase is usually recommended.

http://www.creativealliance.org/even...tItem2708.html
Old 09-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #34
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Well, I know I won't be able to make this event. I will be in Texas! Have a great time.

Quote:
I'm glad you could make it, OSB. I had a hankering for fried green tomatoes, so it was great to get a group together and have supper ahead of time, also.

Perhaps you, or other BFP folks, will want to join us at the Charm City Kitty Club on Saturday, Oct 15. We're meeting around 6:30 for drinks in the lobby and then the show at 7. Advance ticket purchase is usually recommended.

http://www.creativealliance.org/even...tItem2708.html
Old 10-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #35
pinkajl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Happily Unavailable

Default Rescheduling October get-together

Just want to let people know that the Baltimore Butch Femme group will NOT be meeting at Sappho's on Saturday Oct 29 for our monthly get-together.

Instead, we're meeting on Friday, October 28 at Metro Gallery in Baltimore for the Titty Pity Party - a benefit party in honor of one of Baltimore's queer artists who is recovering from cancer. The fundraiser actually supports Moveable Feast, a meals on wheels program for HIV/AIDS and cancer patients.

Check out our facebook group for details on the party - or feel free to email me, letting me know who you are, for details.

If you were planning on going to Sappho's and Grand Central on Saturday, there will be a Halloween party hosted by Rehab, a lesbian promotions company.

Pink
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkajl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #36
Crunchyfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Crunchyfem is on a distinguished road
Default NEW butch femme FB group for Maryland and DC!

The FB group for Baltimore folks who embrace the butch/femme dynamic has been taken down so a friend and I have created a new group that now includes Maryland and DC. Please spread the word! All genders and sexual orientations welcome. Join soon because our next event is 6/13/15. https://www.facebook.com/groups/785617378224034/
Crunchyfem is offline   Reply With Quote