Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: What color would you like the first swapghan to be? (Please vote ONLY if you are participating)
Purple (any shade of including variegated) 2 6.45%
Neutral 5 16.13%
Autumn Jewel (Gold, Rust, Red, Purple, Yellow, Brown, etc) 13 41.94%
Blue (any shade of including variegated) 9 29.03%
Rainbow Squares 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #101
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I finished one granny square (including ends) but I find myself wishing for a different pattern, so I'm experimenting with a bedspread motif, hoping the difference in fiber will up the final measurement to 12". I may or may not go back to granny squares, lol....
If it is not 12", maybe try crocheting a border?
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #102
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Oh! No Arwen, tis the other way, tis likely to be way too big, rather than too small... the yarn is twice as thick as bedspread cotton, yanno?... er, maybe more than that, even.... I may be crocheting but frog-it-back girl is still utterly appropriate!
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #103
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

what colors did you go with Bit?

I finally got my yarn in the mail

and i should have been

but i was

cause the colors are

but they didn't make my

so we went shopping and I got new yarn

and now I have been

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #104
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I got two different brands, so my color names don't match... in Vanna's Choice I got Mustard and Autumn Red, which I think translate to Gold and Deep Claret. In Caron Simply Soft I got Deep Teal Heather, which I think translates to Greenhouse.

And then, yanno, I did a granny square and realized I was working with red green and gold... holiday colors. lol.... but Autumnish, oh so very Autumnish!

What did you end up with, Ami? It sure is hard matching colors to computer screens, but then, it can be hard matching colors to themselves too; my first green was a lighter jade green to match that first one we picked, and the yarn skeins held together seemed wonderful! But then when I started the granny square it was actually boring and needed a different green, and I had to go get the teal to make the colors pop again.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #105
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

i looked up your colors, they are wonderful!

i posted a pic in my gallery! (of my first square)

Old 12-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #106
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
i looked up your colors, they are wonderful!

i posted a pic in my gallery! (of my first square)
of my crocheted square!

Old 12-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #107
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Love your square. I am going to try my variegated on the outer row. Love how yours looks!

HELP HELP HELP y'all!

I love to cart my crochet around with me. This means I have several balls at a time in my purse (do not go there). The darn things get all tangled up all the time.

There has to be a simple solution to this. I've thought about getting 1 gal zip lock bags to stick them in. Any other ideas?
Old 12-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #108
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Love your square. I am going to try my variegated on the outer row. Love how yours looks!

HELP HELP HELP y'all!

I love to cart my crochet around with me. This means I have several balls at a time in my purse (do not go there). The darn things get all tangled up all the time.

There has to be a simple solution to this. I've thought about getting 1 gal zip lock bags to stick them in. Any other ideas?
a solution?
why yes I do!

1. I do mine by color, so i have my 1st test one done and i have
11 more gold centers done. I will now carry those and my green yarn
that way only one yarn carried at a time.

2. you can buy yarn caddies and you can make them. any container the size of the yarn can be used. You cut a hole for the strand of yarn to come out.
http://www.stitchwhimsy.com/2007/11/...ve-yarn-caddy/

3. you can also roll yarn into balls that don't use all the yarn (like the size of tennis balls and actually use a tennis ball holder to keep them in when you are out and about.

also can you carry a tote and your purse?

Old 12-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #109
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
a solution?
why yes I do!

1. I do mine by color, so i have my 1st test one done and i have
11 more gold centers done. I will now carry those and my green yarn
that way only one yarn carried at a time.

2. you can buy yarn caddies and you can make them. any container the size of the yarn can be used. You cut a hole for the strand of yarn to come out.
http://www.stitchwhimsy.com/2007/11/...ve-yarn-caddy/

3. you can also roll yarn into balls that don't use all the yarn (like the size of tennis balls and actually use a tennis ball holder to keep them in when you are out and about.

also can you carry a tote and your purse?

You rock! I do mine all different so it never occurred to me to do all the same patterns. BUG EYES. lol

I have a tote that I throw my purse (which is actually a pnecil case) into. LOL
Old 12-27-2009, 12:25 AM   #110
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

You rock! I do mine all different so it never occurred to me to do all the same patterns. BUG EYES. lol

[SIZE="3"]If I were doing this for myself I would most likely change patterns. But since each person is getting one square I thought i would make the same one for each. but that is me, any way is gonna be great!

[SIZE]

Old 12-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #111
Paphigleo

How Do You Identify?:
da Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
open to new possibilities

Paphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

ummm... there is another solution...

iffin you don't laugh at me..

you can put each yarn-ball in nylons. As in the kind that only cover to knees or feets depending on your ball size.

My grandma used to stuff her purse with the free ones you can find at shoe stores.

I am the stone that the builder refused

I can't do this all on my own... I'm no Superman.

My armor, battered but strong. My sword, pitted but razor sharp. My body is bloodied but doesn't know to quit. I am battle-tested and proven, I shall live to fight another day.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...91850051_n.jpg
Paphigleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #112
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paphigleo View Post
ummm... there is another solution...

iffin you don't laugh at me..

you can put each yarn-ball in nylons. As in the kind that only cover to knees or feets depending on your ball size.

My grandma used to stuff her purse with the free ones you can find at shoe stores.
Another great idea. Thanks, Nick!

Yesterday at work, I used my breaks to work on finishing the hanging threads on the first square.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #113
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Talking

I finished my second square. Pretty happy about that. Also we need to decide who wants to piece the pink and green squares together
Old 01-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #114
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Hi everyone!!!!!!!
It is the new year!!!!

My squares are coming alone great!

Old 01-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #115
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

I can piece the pink and green afghan, Arwen, unless someone else wants to. If anyone wants to make more than one square for it, I can also make enough extra to make sure we have another full row.

I carry my yarn in the bag they sacked it in at the craft store, but I only take it to the laundromat. When I was taking thread crochet everywhere, I did use zipper bags to keep the thread and project together and clean in my bag.

Progress: Four squares done, fifth halfway. Mine are all standard granny squares but I change the color emphasis from square to square, since I started running out of gold already. *eeep*
Old 01-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #116
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I can piece the pink and green afghan, Arwen, unless someone else wants to. If anyone wants to make more than one square for it, I can also make enough extra to make sure we have another full row.

I carry my yarn in the bag they sacked it in at the craft store, but I only take it to the laundromat. When I was taking thread crochet everywhere, I did use zipper bags to keep the thread and project together and clean in my bag.

Progress: Four squares done, fifth halfway. Mine are all standard granny squares but I change the color emphasis from square to square, since I started running out of gold already. *eeep*
Sweet. If everyone who is doing a pink/green square or two will send theirs to Cath along with their square for her, that would be swell.

I have two done and one almost done. Halfway through the next-to-last row.

We still have two folks who have not joined the Yahoo list. Adele, who I know has been crazy busy, and Novela. I haven't heard from her. Oh Novela! Are you out there? Are you still in?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #117
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

I just posted two pictures in my gallery of squares. One is the third one finished. The other is the fourth one started.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #118
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Hi everyone!

Arwen those look great!

Mine are done except for weaving in the ends and trimming.

Mine are done in a grand (and so far successful) attempt to avoid sewing my sweater together. I finished knitting the sweater weeks ago. It is sitting here right next to me. I take it to work incase I have time to work on it. But it seems I don't have time. I do however have time to do granny squares! (and read, start the pen pal project, play on face book , read here etc)
I think I may be procrastinating a bit with this.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #119
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Square four finished and square five started. If you haven't put your address on the Yahoolist database, please do. I am going to get some manila envelopes today so I can start shipping these out.

Um, is anyone here violently allergic to cats? You are going to want to launder mine.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #120
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Oh.

I, um, cleaned up the dining room and put the yarn away.

Ooops.

Four are done, the rest will be done... um, soon. Yes indeed. Soon.