Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation
Default What the hell was I thinking???

We've all had those moments where we hit palm to forehead and think...what the hell was I thinking doing that? saying that? going back to that? buying that?

I had one today. I was walking thru Walmart with a friend of mine with the intention of buying an ink cartridge for my printer and then leaving the store. But we all know THAT'S not gonna happen. But today I almost made it to the cashier but I sadly, I lost. We walked by the summer toys and there it was on the shelf. The thing I've been looking for, for the past 3 years. A real set of horse shoes.
Not the plastic crap that's filled with sand or whatever. These were made of real steel and had some weight to them. And to make it even sweeter, they were on sale for $20! I was so happy! I brought my find to the cashier and walked out so thrilled with my catch of the day.
When I got them home, my friend brought them in the house for me because they were quite heavy. She put them down and left. As I'm looking at them, I see on the table above them, the brace that I've been wearing for the past week because my wrist has been so sore.
And it occurred to me...how the hell am I going to throw steel horse shoes
when I can't even open a water bottle half the time?!
WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING???

I'd love to hear your ...."what the hell was I thinking" story. We all have them!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,414 Times in 6,878 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

What the hell was I thinking???

I took a 3 HOUR NAP after work today ....and now sleep is elusive... sigh....
Old 07-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

Friday, after 2 years without washing my vehicle, I not only washed it, I cleaned all the windows, vacuumed, and dusted it.....thinking how impressed I T would be with the results when hy comes home from vacation. I probably invested 4 hours of time to make it shine (and remove the Poodle nose art from the glass).

Last night, after no precipitation for 10 days, it rained hard and long enough that we had flood warnings.

Today, it poured for 3 hours.

the windows that (I thought) were gleaming, have a film of dried condensation and need to be washed again. The floor needs vacuumed, because I've managed to track in all kinds of stuff on my wet shoes. Oh, I think I forgot to mention -- now the vehicle smells like 4 wet dogs, and 10 lbs of (forgotten) seaweed.

What was I thinking? This is exactly the reason that I don't waste time/energy/cleaning supplies on this geriatric beast. I know better.
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,414 Times in 6,878 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest chick View Post
Friday, after 2 years without washing my vehicle, I not only washed it, I cleaned all the windows, vacuumed, and dusted it.....thinking how impressed I T would be with the results when hy comes home from vacation. I probably invested 4 hours of time to make it shine (and remove the Poodle nose art from the glass).

Last night, after no precipitation for 10 days, it rained hard and long enough that we had flood warnings.

the windows that (I thought) were gleaming, have a film of dried condensation and need to be washed again. The floor needs vacuumed, because I've managed to track in all kinds of stuff on my wet shoes. Oh, I think I forgot to mention -- now the vehicle smells like 4 wet dogs, and 10 lbs of (forgotten) seaweed.

What was I thinking? This is exactly the reason that I don't waste time/energy/cleaning supplies on this geriatric beast. I know better.
Every time I decide to clean something REALLY well it ends up breaking Per example: my vacuum...and I did the cleaning thing on a VCR once...and it stopped working...and same with my car(s). It doesn't pay to clean! Let there be a lesson in all this.....
Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

True, at least I didn't take the Poodle to the groomer...
last time THAT combo happened, we had the Dismal Swamp Fire (soot/ash for about 6 weeks) an earthquake, and Hurricane Irene...
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest chick View Post

I totally get that! It's gotten to a point where, when I wash my car, the first thing my kids say to me is...great Mom, now it's gonna rain! lol

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Ok to make a long story short, I got some new running shoes yesterday. So I went running this morning for the first time in weeks. Love the new shoes BTW. I got up at 4am to run as I normally do, and got home around 430. I got back from running and took my shoes off , sat on the end of the bed to take my wet socks off,(it was drizzling rain on my run) leaned back and layed on the bed for a split second . I remember thinking, should I pack my lunch and eat some breakfast, or jump in the shower first. I have no idea what happened but I woke up at 530. The very time I need to be walking out the door for work. I scrambled around and flew out the door 10 min later. CRAP WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #8
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,596 Times in 10,228 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Redneck pedicure! I had the best laugh in weeks!

I'll have to explain my toes for awhile!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote