Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Queer Writers Unite!

Hey All -
Wondering if anyone would be interested in attending the Saints and Sinners Literary Festival in May or the Tennessee Williams Literary Festival in March?

Anyone ever been to either festival? I kinda remember Arwen might have gone to Saints and Sinners but can't recall exactly.

Anoyone doing NaNoWriMo in November?

Anyway - This thread is for us! Let's support each other!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I've tried to do NaNoWri a few times and want to try it again (now that I'm settled and looks like November might be quiet for me).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default fuck it

I"m doing nanowrimo.

IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Artdecogoddess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She - but read me however!
Relationship Status:
Blissfull!

Artdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST Reputation

How did I get this far in life and NOT know about this NaNoWrMo?

Irish and Linus and Medusa - you are my new heroes. Iam trying to figure out if I can manage this - it seems too cool to be true!!!!!

Love the idea of this thread.

ADG
Artdecogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artdecogoddess View Post
How did I get this far in life and NOT know about this NaNoWrMo?

Irish and Linus and Medusa - you are my new heroes. Iam trying to figure out if I can manage this - it seems too cool to be true!!!!!

Love the idea of this thread.

ADG

ArtDeco! It is an AMAZING experience!

I did it a few years back and didnt finish but it gave me some amazing motivation.

This is my profile over there: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/235614

We can all "friend" each other and keep up with our stats. It also lets you post snippets of your work and is a GREAT tool to make good writing connections.

I hope you decide to do it! Im super busy and will probably do it but I highly doubt I'll be able to finish it unless I get crazed and manic. Just the motivation to write every day for 30 days is enough to get me exited about it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Well I can assure you all, that I will be writting absolute crap. But the idea of purge is exciting. I mean, it's gonna be like a colonic for my brain. So happy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It sounds like something I'd like to do!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I've attempted NaNoWriMo several times over the years and it's probably the hardest thing I've ever done. My writing style just doesn't fit well with it and I find it more frustrating than anything else!

I have a number of friends who do it every year and it's just an amazing experience for them, so I encourage everyone to try it at least once. Well, everyone who writes, that is!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in, doing the nanowri this year
don't know if it will get finished
but I'm going to try my best.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #10
Artdecogoddess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She - but read me however!
Relationship Status:
Blissfull!

Artdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST Reputation

Okay folks count me in. I will register tmw at work - when I am supposed to be working.

I am so excited. I think we shall write masterpieces as we empty our brains bit by bit. This IS a good thing.

ADG
Artdecogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artdecogoddess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
ArtDeco! It is an AMAZING experience!

I did it a few years back and didnt finish but it gave me some amazing motivation.

This is my profile over there: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/235614

We can all "friend" each other and keep up with our stats. It also lets you post snippets of your work and is a GREAT tool to make good writing connections.

I hope you decide to do it! Im super busy and will probably do it but I highly doubt I'll be able to finish it unless I get crazed and manic. Just the motivation to write every day for 30 days is enough to get me exited about it
I added you! This is me:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/654571

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #12
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Hey All!

Is everyone getting ready for NaNoWriMo?!

If you have never participated in NaNoWriMo it is a GREAT opportunity to renew your creativity or just a fun way to do a personal writing challenge! The way it works is that you commit to the "contest" and try to write a 50,000 word novel from scratch in one month's time. You "win" when you upload your work to the NaNoWriMo robotic word counter and it verifies.

Tons of people participate and it really is pretty fun!

I'm already getting ready - buying extra coffee supplies, index cards for note-taking, and dusting off my trusty "inspiration blanket" (it's a raggedy blanket that I've had for years but I like to cover my legs with it while I'm doing my "serious" writing).

Gemme and I have friended one another and there are a few other names out there that I recognize - Would love to see more of you participating

Besides, some of your work could be used for our anthology!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #13
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

Default cheater cheater pumpkin eater!!

Yes, I know it's not November 1st. Here is the start to my novel. Like I said, it's all crap. LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------
He began by telling me how much I wanted it. How much I would like it, the feel of his cock inside me. Turns out he was right, but not in the way he thought. And so it began, my journey towards love, if that's what it can be called, in the back seat of an old musty car parked in an abandoned school parking lot.
Everyone had always said that love didnt come easy, but it didnt seem all that complicated to me. A game really, the business of love. One I would learn to master, mostly. If you are smart you will draw it out, because as soon as it begins, it's almost over. I can always see the end from the start. It's the middle that I'm curious about.
When I was a child love meant pain, hurt, abondonment, and abuse. You loved someone by striking them in the face with a closed fist. Speaking profanities at the top of your lungs. Humiliation, and degredation. I thought anything different was not real, how could it be? At least when someone is beating you, you have thier full attention. Thier deepest emotions are being played out on your body, mind and soul. It's a gift, like the socks and pajamas you open at christmas. Even if it isnt what you wanted, something
is better than nothing,and at least you werent completely forgotten.
Later on, I realized that not everyone knew that kind of love, the love you dont speak about. It's not something you go shouting from the rooftops. It's not the love you are supposed to aspire to. Love is pretty, shiney, and everyone wants it. It cannot be bought, sold, or bribed. It takes it place among whomever, and whereever. That's what everyone said anyway, but I beg to differ.
What is love to one is not love to another, and if you learn how you can manufacture your own brand of love anytime, anywhere. The kind that you feel safe in, the kind you recognize. That's what true love really is. It is your own story, that begins with your roots, moves slowly toward your center, and shines bright at the top. Where you begin telling this story, what part you show to the world is another matter all together. Exposing your roots can be dangerous. People dont love roots, they love what you show them.

c IrishGrrl 2010
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #14
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks to sissy I joined

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/706328

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #15
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Daywalllllkerrrrrrrr! Oh, DAYYYYY?????

I just added Pixieboo and am looking for more names to pop up. Only 3 more days until we start - MIDNIGHT begins the write-a-thon!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #16
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/706330
Old 10-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

Crap, I"m stuck already!!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGrrl View Post
Crap, I"m stuck already!!
I've forgotten my log in.

*smacks head*

I knew I should write all my log ins down somewhere.

You're doing great, Irish. I liked what you wrote. I think mine, once I get in there, will pretty much just be free form thinking, basically. I don't have the dedication and discipline necessary for structured writing.

Maybe I can get away with doing a book of poetry...

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2010, 02:23 AM   #19
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation

Hey folks!!! I'm signed up as well!!! If you're on the Nanowrimo.org site feel free to send a message ryanj79 is my name there!

R

(RyanCGY on the old b-f site)
canadianmusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:09 AM   #20
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.