Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation
Default What did you want to be when you grew up?

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I never imagined for a minute I would live to grow up, what with hellfire and brimstone and the pesky communist nuclear threat....detente...all that.

I do however, in keeping with my theme of not being alive at 46, remember really wanting to be a vampire.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,783 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Taller.

Ok, ok....an archeologist.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post

I never imagined for a minute I would live to grow up, what with hellfire and brimstone and the pesky communist nuclear threat....detente...all that.

I do however, in keeping with my theme of not being alive at 46, remember really wanting to be a vampire.
Hmmmm
Have always wanted to be an Archeologist.
a geologist... marine biologist... cartgrapher/topographer...Air Force Jet Pilot...Dauphin Trainer/Rescuer...Biplane Pilot... veterinarian... and in my spare time on the weekends, an owner of a Hot Air Balloon Tours company...
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Taller.

Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
Hmmmm
Have always wanted to be an Archeologist.
a geologist... marine biologist... cartgrapher/topographer...Air Force Jet Pilot...Dauphin Trainer/Rescuer...Biplane Pilot... veterinarian... and in my spare time on the weekends, an owner of a Hot Air Balloon Tours company...
All at once?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

How funny is that!!
Hack and I both post at 6pm and both say Archeologist!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
All at once?
Why not? Just call me a major multi-tasker! LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I though archaeology stuff was cool too, I just never thought the world would last that long...that and, I do not like camping.

I wanted to read 24/7.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #8
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,941 Times in 4,707 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

A pilot
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #9
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,957 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I decided in the 7th grade I was going to take Chinese and live and work in China. I took Chinese in the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade, and remember very little of what I learned. I wish I had studied Spanish...at least I could have used Spanish.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
Laidbackgrly

How Do You Identify?:

Laidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST ReputationLaidbackgrly Has the BEST Reputation
Default hi

I wanted to be a astronaught
Laidbackgrly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laidbackgrly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #11
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,646 Times in 3,985 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to raise horses. I got to do that. I bred some very fine haflingers.

My mother wanted me to be a beautician. I wanted to go to graphic art school. She won. I hated cosmotology school and even tho I got my license I hated it. And was really bad at it.

I wanted to be a writer too. mom put me thru my first year of college to help me realize this. Guess she came to understand not to get in the way..lol..

Now I want to be a therapist again, but I want to do animal assisted therapy with kids...using dogs and horses. I need to get specialized training for that. And now that my health is getting better, I can...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #12
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,646 Times in 3,985 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

when my daughter was very young, I took her to college. She was probably 4 or 5 years old. One of my friends in an english class bent down and asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. Little Liz scrunched up her face at her, like she had just asked her some dumb question ...and then blurted out "why, I want to be ME, that what I want to be when I grow up"...lol

talk about a solid sense of identity and self worth...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,326 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to be Mr. Spock... except.. well.. a girl Mr. Spock...
Old 04-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #14
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to be a police officer
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #15
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,767 Times in 25,660 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

As a child, I'd had a premonition that I would die a violent death by stabbing or with some sort of sharp blade. I had this fear until a couple of years ago. Who knows, maybe it was accurate and I did something that altered the route of things to come? *shrug*

So, like you, I really didn't expect to make it very far in life. However, in middle school I wanted to be a social worker so bad I could taste it. I did a ton of research and made lists of pros and cons and I was doing well with my planning until the adults in my life at that time interferred. Eventually, I listened to them and dropped it.

I've always regretted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Taller.

My bestie from middle and high school wanted to be an archeologist. She even conned me into taking an intro type course for it. It was rather interesting, but I don't do well with bugs.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #16
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to be a Forest Ranger. I am an Accountant with an English degree. I took a wrong turn somewhere.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #17
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

When I was about 6 or 7 all I could dream of was being a flight attendant on Eastern Airlines (shows my age). I had the little carry on bag and collected everything I could to do with that profession.

Oddly, I also used to line up all my stuffed animals and try and have group therapy. Mom and Dad thought it a bit strange. However, at about age 10 we traveled to S. Florida and had to travel through the grounds of the state mental hospital (no interstates - shows my age) and I looked out the car windows and stated, "I'm going to work there one day." My folks never forgot that and yes, I worked there all through graduate school as a social worker. Sometimes we just simply know what we want to do with our lives.

No regrets although I still envy the flight attendants everytime I fly.
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #18
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to be a Federal Prosecutor...
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to be an oceanographer, took scuba lessons at 12, got certified, and acquired a growth in my inner ear. So much for diving.... So I became an archeologist instead. Until I had to earn a living and pay my bills.

Life was so much easier weightless under the sea......
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #20
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,879 Times in 2,477 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I wanted to become a career officer in the U.S. Navy, specifically, a naval aviator.

It was, to me, a cross between having a life both on board a ship and being able to fly. Both have always been dreams of mine. Well, those and a military life.

~Theo~