daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Kitty Corner: All about your cat(s)

Hey, everyone. I know that there are several cat-lovers here and I thought it’d be groovy to have a place where we can share our stories about our furbabies—as well as share reviews and news about toys, food, etc.

And, as a first-time kitty parent (all by myself…and unsupervised, perhaps to the chagrin of my furbaby), I also think this forum would be a great space to ask for advice

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

We have about a dozen barn cats living in a *Kitty Condo* here on the farm.

They are all very damn cute and their Momma (aurora) takes very good care of them. They are all fixed and eat very well
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

We have two. I've had Zoe since she was about 8 weeks old; she'll be 14 y/o this summer.

And Deckster is a fairly new addition. We took him in this past fall. He was living under our deck, skinny as a rail, and missing an eye.

It turns out he is a 4 y/o (approximately) neutered male. He now lives inside and seems pretty damn content. Oh... He is no longer skinny as a rail.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Well they may not be mine...but they live here and I love them.

Lexi is a tortoise....and she thinks she is anything but a kitty....Parrot, dog, person...but cat not so much...I wake up to her using my toothbrush to clean her teeth or licking the mouth wash cap to get her tongue to that minty freshness lol...she likes to type and be petted on her terms...if you try to hold her she will climb to your shoulder sit there and proceed to nuzzle your ear.

Zeek is a hot mess...he's an inbreed child...black and a dork. He will let you do just about anything to him until you hit that spot and then will turn on you like hot potato.....fiesty little fu.....kitty. He talks to you and will promptly learn your wake up time and make sure you abide it even on days off...

Its pretty much easy to say whom runs this house.

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Current Furkids

We have three cats ranging in age from 3 years old to 22 yo.

Sophie Rose, 22 yo, is the oldest. She jumped into the back of Rosie's co-workers pickup. Her co-worker brought her inside, and in that instant it was decided that Sophie was my first cat. I am really a dog person. Or so I thought. Rose came home with Sophie and told me that she was mine. So, I named her Sophie because she was so-fe(male). Now she weighs less than a pound, and wears a pink dog sweater with a red heart on the back of it. Sophie is so small that the heart wraps all around her body. Sophie Rose loves to be held, rocked, and sung too. She also loves to be kissed and given full body massages. Sophie Rose's siblings were all killed by some kids with too much time on their hands.

Gabby or Gabrielle is the next female we have. She is 4 years old. I was asked to foster her by my vet. Gabby was a newborn and was taken from a lady who was an animal hoarder. Gabby is a hunter. She loves to jump decks, and hunt in the natural habitat behind my home. Every day I get a gift (a tree branch to a bird or snake). I just shake my head. She sleeps with me at night. Gabby does not like to be held or kissed.

Madison is the male cat we have who is 10 years old and chubby. I rescued him from a pittbull fighting ring. He was just a newborn. Madison hisses and spits. He also bites. However, he is a cuddle bug. He loves to sleep with his Daddy as well. He is not in the mood to hunt or do any exercising (like his Dad). Instead, he loves to lay on the deck and watch the birds and squirrels play - and of course wait for his treats. He likes to be rocked, and sung too. He will every now and then like to be given kisses.

There was a feral cat community behind my home that everyone was caring for. We all shared the costs of food, vet bills, and so on. Unfortunately, one neighbor called in Animal Control and had everyone of the cats caught, and put down. Even with the vet calling, it did no good. Some neighbor.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I miss haveing cats,I had three one lived to be 21 the other two made it to age 18 and 14,they were house cats and ran the show..Mini the oldest one loved to ride in the suv,either she would lay out on the dash or hang 20 on the spare tire rack then just watch the world go by.The others werent to car crazy..one got car sick the other squalled all the way.I raised them in the house with my pups they all got along great.Now I just have two dogs who rule the place.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #7
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

My baby is Destinee, who answers to DeeDee (or simply Dee). She has quite a story: she was found at a truck-stop, where she watched as her kittens were run-over; and then she was spayed, assumed to be feral, and was planned to be released back into "the wild". Wendy, the lady who worked at the local shelter and would help Destinee and I become a family, was called by Animal Control; a gentleman was having second-thoughts about Dee being feral. Wendy laughs and calls me Dee "third-time-is-a-charm rescuer." Unaccustomed to being inside (though she may have been as a kitten), Dee continues to do remarkably--and is very much loved. Her name, like her clipped ear, reminds me of just a few reasons she deserves to be spoiled

--Leslie Feinberg
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

Dee loves these dental treats (but only this flavor):

---
The verdict is still out on this $42 toy [which is significantly cheaper at Petco right now because the sales this month]; the main issue is that the feathery thing pops out of its cheap-ass plastic socket (and I'm contemplating using superglue):

It's supposed to be a clawing, grooming, and play post.

---
Has anyone used this litter? I can't decide if Dee had a cold or if the fine particles are going up her nose... (she sneezes a bit here and yon)

--Leslie Feinberg

Last edited by daisygrrl; 03-18-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: added explanation of toy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Pictures worth a thousand Ahhhhhhhs

PeachesBoi Peeking

I am the King Of the Catnip Box
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:

Tags
cat, kitty, pet