Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #41
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight I hold a mirror up to Medusa for being a kickass woman who knows how to love an idea into wholeness.

If it weren't for your vision, passion, fury, finesse and yes, fuckery, my view of myself would not be what it is. I sometimes ask myself "What would 'Dusa do" because I need your fierceness and femmeness and ferocity.

You, baby, are one fine femme.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #42
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Bumping up this thread.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #43
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
It's not necessary for someone to respond back in kind (other than a thank you) to someone who has complimented them, but I have great respect for Medusa, so here's what I think of her:

Medusa, I find you brave. I can easily imagine you being the only child willing to go into a dark sewer drain and leading the pack as they begrudgingly follow you, because...really...who wants to be left alone outside of a sewer drain? Starting this site is a prime, grown up example of your bravery.

I've always had a thing for redheads. Maybe it's because my hair gets more auburn in summer, but never quite 'officially' red. Or maybe it's the fire that burns so strongly within redheads that the only way they wouldn't burn up is if it filtered through their hair. Bottle reds too, because not everyone can carry fire on their heads, yanno?

You remind me of Lucille Ball sometimes. That's a very good thing. I think she was brilliant and there are days when you are just as funny as she, if not more so.

As Andrew mentioned, you are kind. You wear your kindness on your sleeve. Your spirit feels a little mom, a little favorite aunt, a little big sister, a little like the class clown, a little favorite teacher, and a whole lot like a good friend. And even though we haven't actually met in person, I do believe that I would be completely comfortable in your presence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Tonight I hold a mirror up to Medusa for being a kickass woman who knows how to love an idea into wholeness.

If it weren't for your vision, passion, fury, finesse and yes, fuckery, my view of myself would not be what it is. I sometimes ask myself "What would 'Dusa do" because I need your fierceness and femmeness and ferocity.

You, baby, are one fine femme.
Having finally met Medusa last year, I can attest to the facts listed above.

Mad props, woman!

For the rest of you, who would you hold a mirror up to/for?

Who inspires you?
Who makes you happy?
Who makes you laugh?
Who makes you think?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #44
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to hold a mirror up for Julie. I adore her for so many reasons. Here are a few.

She is dedicated to peace even if she has to fight for it.
She is a cancer survivor.
She has a sexy voice.
She makes me laugh.
She brought me candy.
She lets me call her Ginger.
She is someone I wish I lived closer to because I'd love hanging out with her more.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #45
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

COUNTYFEM....I hold this mirror up for YOU!
While walking a harrowing journey last November...YOU stepped in, came to my side, and became my very best friend...for life.
You unselfishly gave your whole holiday season with your family to come and be with a total stranger...for SIX weeks...standing by my side for the entire surgery, 2 weeks hospitalization, and recovery....doing total care for me, staying on that short, gaucho cot in the hospital, losing sleep nightly, and still working your 50 to 60 hr. workweek in addition!
Not only THAT, but you moved me singlehandedly, save for the few hours help of a friend locally, YOU did the brunt of it...alone. I was of NO HELP! and sat idly by!
Out of all of this, you smiled constantly, were so gentle and kind to me, and gave of yourself so wholly!...to a total stranger! Not many folks would step in and do what YOU did. I have a very bestest buddy...for life...and I would have NEVER recovered and recouped as rapidly and as wholly as I have, if not for YOU!
Your selflessness, your compassion, and your committment to my recovery are just incredible! There aren't many folks like YOU left in this world...I will never forget your kindness and your wonderful friendship, County!!! I am indebted to you for life...I heart you...my very bestest friend.
YOU deserve this mirror..so take a bow....(as I am clapping wildly here for YOU are the epitome of what humanity, compassion, and devotion along with unselfishness is....an incredibly beautiful soul, loving heart, and infectious smile....thanks, from the bottom of my heart, my friend...always..Clay
Old 10-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #46
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Miss Tick, nanners and cinnamongrrl cracked me up this morning. Laughter is the best medicine for sure because I feel great this morning!

Thank you.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #47
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I’m terrible at receiving compliments, a problem a lot of people seem to have. I never know what to do or say and I try to minimize or deflect. But I also have a lot of trouble giving compliments. I always think the person will assume I want something or just think I am sucking up and not really believe what I am saying. But here might be a good place to give it a try because I don’t personally know anyone beyond what they post and consequently I wouldn’t really have an agenda for someone to be suspicious of.

Here’s a big ass mirror for ya:

Anya – She loves bad writing. That alone makes her tops in my book. But there is lots more about her to admire. Her posts are honest and heartfelt. She moves me with her words.

Dapperbutch – His presentation is soothing and his words are spot on. He is thoughtful and knowledgeable. He isn’t limited to any particular area and I enjoy reading all his posts. Just an all around honorable human being.

Gemme – She motivates me to stick to my exercise program and keeps me laughing with her awesome sense of humor. And she starts some very interesting threads. Not to mention she is an excellent writer and I enjoy reading all her posts.

Kobi – My feminist conscience and a brilliant debater. She is a tireless defender of women. She is ever watchful of the future of women’s rights, while never forgetting where we came from and the cost to get here. Thank you for taking the time to remind us of all the fabulous feminists who have come before and paved the way for us. You make me proud. I mean you Kobi. Okay the fabulous feminist women make me proud too.

Ms. Tinkerbelly – keeps me updated on the latest news for gay marriage

Martina – brilliant, interesting, opinionated, fabulous and just a pleasure to read. I pretty much thread stalk her.

The Lady Snow – My favorite oppression crusader. She watches all our backs and I thank her for that. It might seem a thankless task but it is noticed and appreciated.

Daktari – can always be counted on to make me laugh at some point during the day. Ya gotta love that!

Honeybarbara – Bright, beautiful, bold and bawdy. Not to mention just brilliant. A pure delight. I enjoy her posts so much!!

Kätzchen– We have some common interests and I can honestly say she always keeps me guessing, especially on the music threads. She is also one of the sweetest people.

Grayson – I always enjoy reading his words of wisdom. I miss his voice of lately.

Hollylane - Her brilliant mind coupled with her social conscience and her environmental understanding makes her someone I admire a good deal. And she writes an awesome haiku.

Corkey – Is someone who I respect a great deal on this forum. He is honest and down to earth. There are just some people you feel you have much in common with even without ever meeting them in person and he is just one of those people for me.

Andrea – Keeps her eye on those TSA agents. I can always find out what is going on by reading her posts. Thanks for that. I really appreciate people with a social conscience.

Cinnamongirl – she is very funny and makes laugh. Thanks for that.

Jesse – You too also crack me up.

There are several people who I respect for how they represent themselves here and would like to hold up a mirror to show them how awesome they are and to say thank you for being here:

CherylNYC
Soon
weatherboi
Allison W
Nat
candy coated bitch
socialjustice fsu
Jagg
licious
Grainne
Chancie
Bulldog
DMW
Sparkle

To share this space with my wife, Truly Scrumptious and my sister, Slowpurr is such a treat. Truly Scrumptious you are so amazing, so kind and loving, so talented, so freakin brilliant it blows me away. I am the luckiest butch in the world, no contest, hands down! All that and the best, most brilliant, most awesome, sister ever just shows me how ridiculously fortunate I am. And makes it all the more fun to be here. Love you both so much.

I have no doubt I forgot someone or several someones whose posts are extremely meaningful to me and when it dawns on me I will be back to set the record straight.

Oh ya, since it was Gemme who went out of her way to get me a link to this thread and not for anything other than altruistic reasons, I must end this post reminding her what a brilliant, awesome, and funny human being she is.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #48
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Oh how could I forget

grabbing that mirror again:

Huge-Smile - I really enjoy reading her posts they give ME a huge smile.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #49
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I need to hold one up for PinkieLee.

People love Pinkielee because standing next to her is like standing in the sun on a beautiful day. Something about her presence makes you feel really, really beautiful and warm.

Even though people love them some Pinkielee, I love TONYA, the woman behind that sunshine smile.

Tonya is fucking funny. And a good friend. And an amazing listener. And she is *real* and I am beyond grateful for getting to know her better and better as the years roll by. Tonya is that woman who reaches out to people when they think nobody misses them and she is that woman that will keep it real with you.
And sometimes all she has to do is cut her big, beautiful brown eyes over at me from across the room and I can feel the "I got you, girl" even without the words.

Tonya is a beautiful woman on the outside but the inside is fucking spectacular. <3<3
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #50
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Dee- the sweet kind friend that she is the way she has of just putting people at ease and the beauty she just radiates

Arwen- wonderful smart beautiful talented Arwen you remind us to seek Joy you guide and inspire your a shoulder to cry on a source of strength and so much more

Tommi- my brother a pillar a strong kind one trust honor and integrity I look up to you and love ya man

Lady Snow- strong powerful with a heart of gold the messages you leave they always brighten my day

Gemme- you always make me smile

Syr- all around amazing person I am blessed to call you a friend and I look up to you more then you will ever know

Medusa- you my dear are a rock star in so many ways

Desd- my wife my life mate you make me a better person the way you can calm a room with just your smile you enchant people and put them at ease you my love are a total package so beautiful so smart and a wonderful mother to my goose I am a lucky guy to spend the rest of my life loving you
always and forever..

my Goose.. kiddo you are the best of me and I am proud to be your mama
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #51
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Today I am holding a mirror up for Puplove to see herself as I see her.

A beautiful woman whose smile lights up the room. She knows how to make people feel welcome in her home.

Austin's premier party hostess, Pup goes out of her way to make you feel like you belong.

I also like that she is firm on her boundaries. I've learned from her.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #52
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Time to hold one up for Arwen.

I've had the privilege of watching Arwen through the years change and grow, stretch butterfly wings and re-center into a burning Phoenix. I have witnessed incredible generosity, incredible strength, and still a gentle and kind spirit full of joy and love.
Such an amazingly gifted woman and so very, very wise about people and the world. Arwen is Teacher, Lover, Beloved, and Student of Love all at the same time and her heart is blindingly brilliant with the shimmer of positive work.

For all of the ways she is beautiful (and there are a LOT, have you seen her legs???), she is the embodiment of quiet beauty and loud love. <3
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #53
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Another person who I forgot to mention is:

julieisafemme – I really enjoy her smart, thoughtful and gentle posting style.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #54
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
I am going to hold a mirror up to Greyson.

Greyson of anyone I have ever met you work the hardest to confront yourself every day. You are fearless at taking inventory. Sometimes too fearless. Sometimes You do not appreciate how deeply kind and caring You are as a human being. You are genuine and real. You are strong and smart. You are a wonderful partner and I am blessed to know You.
Duh! I did not see this until today, 10/14/2013. Thank you sweetie. Not sure what to say to this wonderful complementary post.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #55
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Time to hold up a mirror for LilMissunshyne!

A typical conversation might include many "GIRRRLLLLLSSSSSS!!!!" but it's because she gets it.

Sunshyne - You are a brilliant, wise, beautiful human being and a loyal friend. Getting to know you better over the last couple of years has been wonderful and amazing and such a joy. Having the privilege to witness you in this period of your life when all of your petals are laying open for the sun has been some sweet and joyous shit. Not many times have I been conscious of seeing a rose bloom but I know that this is what we are all beholding in you.

You are brave and talented and sexy as fuck and your kids as lucky to have you. Hell, anyone who has a piece of your heart is lucky. Your love is true and honest and I cherish you for all of the amazing ways you exist.

Rosita - Te adoro.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: