Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-18-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation
Default Geocaching anyone?

I am completely hooked on geocaching and wondering if anyone else here has been bitten by the bug. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, it's a great way to get in some exercise, adventure, fun and a challenge. It's not entirely unlike a scavenger hunt, but you're not trying to find a bunch of things on a list. Rather, you're trying to find one thing, the cache, and it can range in size from a key holder, to heck, I don't know, a gas can. I find most of mine listed on geocaching.com but there are all kinds of sites and apps to use. Most often there is a logbook to document that you have been there, and it's wise to have your own pen because those seem to be in short supply. Often there are all little treasures. If you have brought something to trade out, you take one and leave yours in its place. So, get an app, there are a lot of decent ones that are free, get out there and have some fun!
Old 04-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

I did this once with Puplove and Oiler and it was so much fun!!!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

That reminds me...I found a cache about 2 weeks ago and forgot to log it lol
Old 04-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #4
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

It is definitely fun, and even on days like today where I couldn't find the cache, it was listed as an extra small one, I still had a great time. I got outside on a glorious spring day, got to laugh at myself… It was a win/win.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I have fpund caches that were literally the size of an eraser head.. (called nanos for you non cachers)

Ive seen one done in a magnetic nut and bolt. Some goos imagination goes into these things...

Best one thus far was a cache in a hole where you had to fill it with water to make the cache float up.

My handle for geocaching is Libbywood. I had another account and need to combine my finds but I'm sure many are archived by now..

Oh I also once saw a hollowed out log. So much coolness. I love how they take you to places you wouldn't know existed. I discovered spots in a place I had lived for 20 years...lots of historical stuff. My other great love. And don't even get me started on puzzle caches and travel bugs!