deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

"No human relation gives one possession in another—every two souls are absolutely different. In friendship or in love, the two side by side raise hands together to find what one cannot reach alone."
— Kahlil Gibran

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #17862
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Look To this Day

Look to this day:
For it is life, the very life of life.
In its brief course
Lie all the verities and realities of your existence.

The bliss of growth,
The glory of action,
The splendour of achievement
Are but experiences of time.

For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision;
And today well-lived, makes
Yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well therefore to this day;
Such is the salutation to the ever-new dawn!

- Kalidasa
Hindu Poet

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #17863
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
Old 11-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #17864
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
Old 11-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #17865
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
Old 11-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #17866
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

atlas limbs
you have broken them
and all you are is what you've
washed yourself in
a blood bank past of
hurricane hearts
stolen from highway eyes

-Jardine©copyright2015

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 02:16 PM   #17867
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

YOUR EYES ARE MY SUNRISE THE SUNSET
DISAPPEARING INTO THE SPARKLING OCEAN YOU ARE THE OCEAN I WILL SWIM
FOREVER TO BE WITH YOU YOU ARE
EVERY BIRD AND EVERY TIGER AND EVE
RY CLOUD YOU ARE THE RAIN FALLING AL
L OVER ME THE TEARS OF MY LIFE DISA
PPEAR WITH YOUR PRESENCE MY BLOOD
MY BREATH MY LOVE IS YOURS IT HAS
ALWAYS BEEN YOURS PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOU TO FIND ME
TO NOTICE ME AS YOU HAVE NOW MY EY
ES WATCHING YOU AND YOUR EYES WATCH
ING ME FINIALLY TOGETHER WE ARE ONE
THE SETTING SUN DISAPPEARING INTO
THE SPARKLING OCEAN THE SUBTLE
MOON AND EVERY STAR TOGETHER WE
ARE TOMORROWS SUNRISE
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #17868
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

. . . “Paper is poverty. It is the ghost of money and not money itself.”– Thomas Jefferson, 1743-1826
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #17869
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #17870
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Old 11-15-2015, 09:41 PM   #17871
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow

Old 11-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #17872
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow

Old 11-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #17873
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow

Old 11-15-2015, 10:13 PM   #17874
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow

Old 11-17-2015, 07:00 PM   #17875
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

It's a wise thing to keep your heart open. To see and to feel, and then to understand in some deep way. And then to act, and be changed. If we're not changed by what happens around us, we do a kind of disservice to ourselves.

Buddhist practice kind of expects that there's going to be all kinds of loss and tragedy. They've been expecting it for 2500 years, and there's a good track record of predicting it. These things will happen and they're gonna continue to happen. It's not exactly a surprise. Not like an offense to our sense of life that these things happen. It doesn't mean that these things are right or that they should happen. It's more like, yes, how terrible, there it is again.

And then Buddhist practice has taught me how important it is not to close down, not to turn away. Because to close down closes some part of ourselves. We shut down, we become numb. And I've seen people in these kinds of tragedies begin to shut down and not be willing to let their hearts break, and sometimes it takes the form of railing against life, where is the justice in society and the world, what good is karma, something is wrong, where's god in this picture, kind of an abstracted philosophical way and looking outside.

Buddhism tends not to want to philosophize about these things, tends not to want to make the grand conclusions about the nature of life and justice and all these things, but rather to allow ourselves to feel these things and notice where we get hung up, to notice where we get caught and closed down and contracted. And then Buddhism has practices for releasing the contraction, to open up when the heart is all fisted up, and to release it. But not just so we can go whistling down the street happily as if it has nothing to do with us, but so that our heartbreaks can be pure, so our heartbreaks can be open, so our heartbreaks can have a sort of freedom in them, a willingness in them, a rightness to them. Then we can understand and meet each other in real ways. And then we can act. How do we want to act? How do we want to change? What do we want to do that's different?

How do we let this stuff come in, and how do we do it so we don't get weighed down by it, how do we do it so we don't get closed down, how do we do it so we don't get caught up in the sorrow of it? That's really the art and the essence of it. I really hope that the Buddhist practice we do, the mindfullness practice that we do, is preparing us to be ready for these things, to be prepared, to be witnesses, to be responders, to be a compassionate presence for this world, because we've learned to take it in, we've learned not to let it get stuck, not to close down, not to get angry, not to get hostile, because it's going to keep happening. And as it gets closer to us, if it gets closer to us, we need people who are prepared and ready, who are not gonna put their head in the sand like an ostrich or not run away or freeze or also not quickly get into the fight.

So, finally the response. One of the things I've learned from Buddhist practice is that so much hinges in a wise life on how we respond. The past is only important to the degree in which we learn from the past. Learning from our mistakes, learning from what goes on, learning from what happens, but not to be weighed down by the past but to look into the future and see how we can do better in the future, how we can act. And to have the freedom to respond, and to respond with wisdom and compassion and friendship and goodwill, and to keep coming back from that. Because, Buddhism understands that the world begins with you and the world begins anew each time you wake up, each time you blink your eyes, each time you breathe in and you breathe out. There's a whole cycle of life and death that goes on. And there's really a fresh beginning that goes on every moment. And we don't have to be weighed down by what happened, or contract because of it, but rather we can be motivated by it, it can fuel our freedom, it can fuel us in our practice, fuel us in our desire to create a better world. And we can be forward-looking. And the courage and the inspiration and the dedication, devotion, to create a better world for ourselves, for our neighbors, and people all over the world - this forward-looking movement starts with us, starts here. What difference are you gonna make, how are you gonna be a better person, how are you gonna make a difference in this world, how are you gonna improve it for the people around you. So when bad things happen, because of your freedom and because of your not being caught in the past, not being caught in concepts and caught in self, to have the ability and motivation to respond, to let the hope, let the goodness that exists in this world begin with you. Maybe it means that you can live in such a way that you make a difference to the people around you that you wouldn't do if you closed down because of it.

So, to see, to be willing to be a witness, to feel it and let your heart break while still having a lot of respect and care for yourself, to be present, to understand more deeply and then to figure out what your response is - it's very important for all of us to try to improve the lives of others and support each other. And in doing so, we become ready for the next time and the next time and the next time. And in doing so, we also prepare ourselves for those times when our hearts don't break, but when our hearts can sing. And our very capacity to really have our hearts break in a clean way, in a full way, is also the same capacity that allows our hearts to sing fully, glow fully when the circumstances call for that. To be really free is to be able to respond fully to the circumstances of the time you're in. Freedom does not mean in Buddhism that we end up sitting in a cloud of bliss, unconcerned, unconnected, to the dust of the world that happens somewhere else. It's to become fully human so we can live in this world with all of what it is in a wise and caring way.

- Gil Fronsdahl

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #17876
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation
Default I love this poem. It's weird, sad and funny all in one.

Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #17877
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2015, 08:20 PM   #17878
afrcnqueen

How Do You Identify?:
By name
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happy on my journey to Self- Love!! :-)

afrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputation

"If I ever let you down, it's not because I don't/didn't love you. It's because I didn't love myself."
Old 11-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #17879
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

normal is just a setting on a washing machine Whoopie Goldberg
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #17880
afrcnqueen

How Do You Identify?:
By name
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happy on my journey to Self- Love!! :-)

afrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Tags
poems, quotes, sayings