Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vacation

I need some inspiration here. I'd love ideas for a 3-4 day vacation in the West. Live in Portland. Been to Seattle enough times. Not interested in Vegas.

What I like.... good restaurants, easy accessibility, good museums, queer/trans friendly, botanical gardens, wine/wineries, tranquility, civility, water.

I will be flying solo (and usually I just go to the OR coast when I am solo (except the hound is with me)) - hound will be staying home.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

San Francisco would be the obvious choice. Hard to get a better mix of accessibility, food, museums and queer/trans friendliness. And you're covered for your other pursuits in nearby places as well. Hello, Napa Valley!

If money is at all an issue check out Hotwire for great rates on great rooms.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
San Francisco would be the obvious choice. Hard to get a better mix of accessibility, food, museums and queer/trans friendliness. And you're covered for your other pursuits in nearby places as well. Hello, Napa Valley!

If money is at all an issue check out Hotwire for great rates on great rooms.
I haven't been to the city (SF) to visit in quite some time.

I prefer Sonoma to Napa but for such a short visit I would focus on the city.

I've done a lot of the tourist stuff on past trips though... Cable cars, Fisherman's Wharf, the Castro, Haight-Ashbury, etc. I haven't ever been to any museums there and don't know much about them. Anyplace you really think stands out?
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
I haven't ever been to any museums there and don't know much about them. Anyplace you really think stands out?
Why yes.

The Contemporary Jewish Museum always has something interesting happening. Sadly you've missed the Maurice Sendak exhibit but they do still have a StoryCorps StoryBooth there through November if you're so inclined.

The Cartoon Art Museum Cause I'm a geek like that.

And, of course, SFMOMA.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
I haven't been to the city (SF) to visit in quite some time.

I prefer Sonoma to Napa but for such a short visit I would focus on the city.

I've done a lot of the tourist stuff on past trips though... Cable cars, Fisherman's Wharf, the Castro, Haight-Ashbury, etc. I haven't ever been to any museums there and don't know much about them. Anyplace you really think stands out?

Check out The Legion of Honor Art Museum and The DeYoung Museum. Both are fascinating and well worth a visit or two. They have excellent cafe's and are nestled above San Francisco Bay. Plan on at least a full day per museum. You won't regret these choice's, I promise!
socialjustice_fsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socialjustice_fsu For This Useful Post: