Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #41
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
I certainly did not intend to participate in an incendiary manner "rally the troops" or shit-stir. I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I suggested that posting about a lesbian event in the lesbian zone might decrease the dozens of "oh hell no I'm not going- I'm not a lesbian" posts, which yes, feel phobic to me. I will PM you on the matter and hopefully make myself clearer. I'm not sure why my suggestion warrants such seemingly harsh moderation but I would like to understand so I can avoid being singled out in such a manner in future. Thank you for your patience.
Cyclopea -

Actually no, what you suggested is that you would have to "wade through lesbophobia" unless this was in a Lesbian zone.

I will remind you again that this entire website is a "Lesbian Zone" so the insinuation that "wimmin's" topics are only "safe" in a separate zone (with an insinuated "Free from Lesbophobia") is absolutely incendiary.

And just so we are super clear: Being called out on problematic posting is not "being singled out", that is called "being treated like every other poster on this site".

Any further posts regarding this issue need to happen in a private message so this thread can continue.

Admin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #42
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticOceansFL View Post
Yeah I would still book with them just because I don't follow a group of people of what they did or don't do.

This is odd to say Mystic, I am certainly not going cause I am some kind of sheeple and I am doing what ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the other people are doing.

I have never been on a cruise, so if I did have the money for one I would definitely pick one that caters to my needs and the persons needs I am going with.

NOT because my besties aren't going.

Not cool
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #43
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Nope

Nada

Nein

Not in this lifetime -

Can't play with all my friends? Then you don't need my $$$

I only spend my $$ on truly inclusive venues.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #44
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Does this have to turn into yet another us vs. them issue. I know we're into a whole new week now and all.

I think we can all agree that it's fact, not conjecture, that Olivia is not welcoming to many in our b-f community. If some of us choose not to give them our money, it doesn't make us lesbophobic.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #45
Billy

How Do You Identify?:
Billy~
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr Princess ~
Relationship Status:
Married April 20 2013

Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,051 Posts
Billy Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticOceansFL View Post
Yeah I would still book with them just because I don't follow a group of people of what they did or don't do.

Knowing what you know , and a good chance of you not getting your money back , you would go ahead and book anyway Not sure this has anything to do with being a follower ....But you have money like that to burn , I say go for it ,but I wouldn't bother packing your bags
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #46
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As a transman, I personally am heartened by the support of my lesbian sisters here. To me, I don't see this as a lesbian-phobic issue as much as I think it is a stand against the lack of inclusiveness by some of the lesbian community.

An issue like this only serves to remind me that there are people, even my own, who will include me, even if it is only as an ally, as well as those, even my own, who will exclude me because of the fact that I had to make a journey to search for, discover and become who I am.

My personal appreciation, love, support and respect goes out to the inclusive lesbian trans ally community. To me, it is important that we realize that to be included, whether it's on a cruise or in just general society, with all its benefits and responsibilities, is what this fight is all about for all of us??

Respectfully,
~Theo~
Old 09-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #47
Billy

How Do You Identify?:
Billy~
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr Princess ~
Relationship Status:
Married April 20 2013

Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,051 Posts
Billy Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I have got to the point in My life that , if I or My butch brothers are not welcome somewhere , fuck em ! I will take My money and My brothers and go else where ! And if these idiots thought about what they where missing out on, they would see they could be making alot more money and meet some awesome folks that they choose to not associate with ...
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #48
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation
Default Olivia's response to my inquiry on their trans policy

"Olivia GuestServices" <GUESTSERVICES@OLIVIA.COM>
Add sender to Contacts

Hello -

Olivia strives to provide an all Lesbian environment but we have had MTF transgendered guests join us on our vacations. Although we do not discriminate, you will find that your presence is upsetting to some of our guests. Some will confront you directly asking "why are you on my Lesbian vacation?" I imagine it would be even harder for our guests to accept someone FTM.

I know this is discouraging, but it is important for you to understand because it disrupts the Olivia experience we work hard to provide for our guests. If you have any questions or need anything more please feel free to e-mail me at guestservices@olivia.com or call 800-631-6277, option 2.

Thank you,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jeri Umble
sr. director, customer care

olivia
434 brannan street
san francisco ca 94107

415.962.5700 tel
415.962-5713 fax

feel free
www.olivia.com
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #49
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Separatism is alive and well. They will get none of our money.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #50
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Which goes to say that is why we were left with our suit cases left on the dock while we tried to understand why we were not allowed on board... ~Shakes Head~
And then tell us that we could reschedule another time??? We were on vacation, we have paid vacation hours, we can't just show up back to work and say, well can't go right now, so I'm going to work now and can you let me have next month off?!!!
We went camping instead! And this was 8 years ago, and they still haven't changed... Sad, so sad...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #51
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Are there any inclusive LGBTIQ cruises? I know that Rosie's (ex? I don't keep up with celebrity gossip but I feel like I heard that somewhere) wife is the founder of one and I -think- I heard that one was inclusive - although it is for families.

If there was something like that I would be interested.

Oh, and add me to the "oh HELL naw" column on the subject of Olivia. I know where I'm not wanted.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #52
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

I would be interested to hear about the cruise line Sweet. They do a lot of activism... building schools, fixing computers, etc... to the depressed countries they visit... That's a part of their philosophy of cruising...

Anyone know?

Here is their link:

http://discoversweet.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Are there any inclusive LGBTIQ cruises? I know that Rosie's (ex? I don't keep up with celebrity gossip but I feel like I heard that somewhere) wife is the founder of one and I -think- I heard that one was inclusive - although it is for families.

Oh, and add me to the "oh HELL naw" column on the subject of Olivia. I know where I'm not wanted.

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #53
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybutch View Post
I would be interested to hear about the cruise line Sweet. They do a lot of activism... building schools, fixing computers, etc... to the depressed countries they visit... That's a part of their philosophy of cruising...

Anyone know?

Here is their link:

http://discoversweet.com/
Who can travel with Sweet?
Sweet loves our allies in all shapes and flavors. So while our vacations are designed for lesbians, anyone who looks at what we do and thinks it looks like fun is welcome to join us.

Their FAQ

I would be interested to know if that's just talk or if they mean it, though. Like if someone who had actually been on one of their cruises could give us the skinny on things - that would be nice.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #54
MountainStar

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme/grrl/she/her
Relationship Status:
Singed a bit but still kicking!

MountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST ReputationMountainStar Has the BEST Reputation

Wow. I never expected to see so many replies nor see what I saw.

I did book with Olivia and here is why...

My former spouse (who passed away) and I took a cruise together as our last trip. Cal was a TG butch and could easily pass for a guy if he wanted to.

We were treated with nothing but respect. We met some lovely people on the trip. Olivia went above and beyond to assist us since Cal was dying from cancer. Not one person was rude to us. Not one comment from either the Olivia staff or anyone on the cruise.

I knew at that time I wanted to take another trip with them and now I am.

I certainly didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. All I wondered was if anyone else here might be going. If someone is going feel free to PM me.

Have a good week,

MS
Life is a moment...revel in it!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MountainStar For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #55
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStar View Post

My former spouse (who passed away) and I took a cruise together as our last trip. Cal was a TG butch and could easily pass for a guy if he wanted to.

We were treated with nothing but respect. We met some lovely people on the trip. Olivia went above and beyond to assist us since Cal was dying from cancer. Not one person was rude to us. Not one comment from either the Olivia staff or anyone on the cruise.

I certainly didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. All I wondered was if anyone else here might be going. If someone is going feel free to PM me.

Have a good week,

MS

MS

I am glad you and yours had a great vacation, and that you have wonderful memories!

I hope you have a great time and you come back with more beautiful memories!

Happy Travels!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #56
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

atlantis, aquafest and RSVPvacations all have cruises that cater to the Queer/Lesbian community.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #57
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

We went on a Rosie Cruz to the Caribbean (r family vacations, now run by the ex, Kelly). Funny enough, we were by chance in a cabin beside another butch femme couple and their daughter. There were definitely singles and couples without kids too. We were told in casual conversation that R Family Vacations is more down-to-earth than Olivia (in talk of comparing between those who had been on both). I don't know specifically about their trans policy but the cruise had a very diverse feel to it. Some queer families brought grandparents, kinda touching to me! Also for that specific cruise, Rosie had impulsively invited the whole audience to go on the cruise we were on when she had been on the View. Off-air, the audience was told by Rosie's people that Rosie would pay for them to go on Rosie's cruise or, if they felt more comfortable, a "regular" Carnival cruise. So it was cool that the straight families that did go made that choice. Anyway, it's the only cruise I've ever been on so I can't compare it to other cruises, but it was rather magnificent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #58
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Knowing what you know , and a good chance of you not getting your money back , you would go ahead and book anyway Not sure this has anything to do with being a follower ....But you have money like that to burn , I say go for it ,but I wouldn't bother packing your bags

Who's to say they would turn me away from going on the trip?

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
Old 09-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #59
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
We went on a Rosie Cruz to the Caribbean (r family vacations, now run by the ex, Kelly). Funny enough, we were by chance in a cabin beside another butch femme couple and their daughter. There were definitely singles and couples without kids too. We were told in casual conversation that R Family Vacations is more down-to-earth than Olivia (in talk of comparing between those who had been on both). I don't know specifically about their trans policy but the cruise had a very diverse feel to it. Some queer families brought grandparents, kinda touching to me! Also for that specific cruise, Rosie had impulsively invited the whole audience to go on the cruise we were on when she had been on the View. Off-air, the audience was told by Rosie's people that Rosie would pay for them to go on Rosie's cruise or, if they felt more comfortable, a "regular" Carnival cruise. So it was cool that the straight families that did go made that choice. Anyway, it's the only cruise I've ever been on so I can't compare it to other cruises, but it was rather magnificent.
That's so cool!

I tell you - I love Rosie.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #60
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStar View Post

Have a good week,

MS
Mountainstar,

I'm sorry this happened on your time and thread. I do wish you a happy cruise. I also am sorry for your loss. I know you will go on this cruise and have the time of you life. You will have memories from the past and will get to gather new memories. I truly wish you great travels!!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread