Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Night Owls Unite!!

Do you like to stay up all night? Do you HAVE to stay up all night for work?
Do you want to talk to other Night Owls?

This is the place!

This is what I'm currently doing:

I call this "Home Office"

This is me doing my actual job, working on shit for The Planet, and goofing with my book.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

WOW! You must be an amazing multi-tasker, Dusa! Wow.

I am a night person, but my weekday job and need for a solid 7-8 hours sleep each night keep me from being able to stay up late much anymore.

cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
SFFemmePrincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian Princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single but also non negotiably non monogamous

SFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Woohoo for night owls! I worked nights for two years and still have a hard time sleeping at night. On the weekends I find myself staying up pretty late, but have to wake up early during the week so I force myself to go to bed. I'm here on my computer obviously...
SFFemmePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SFFemmePrincess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm a total night owl. Hate mornings. Boi works nights so getting up at same time works out well LOL

I just re-organized my Frontierville..Seriously.

I like organization. Lists and the such.

It makes me happy

I must go to bed now though.. we have friends to visit tomorrow.

(So envious/jealous/et cet of your PC set up, Medusa!)
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Woo-hoo! I love me some night owls!

Favorite night owl activities?!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #6
SFFemmePrincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian Princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:

SFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Um...I think my most favorite has to be sex!
The Following User Says Thank You to SFFemmePrincess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 12:50 AM   #7
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

When I was growing up, my favorite night-time activity was cleaning and organizing my bedroom.

Now? I like to goof off online, watch television, putz around the apartment, and sometimes dig out the arts n' crafts.
The Following User Says Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #8
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I like it when the house is asleep and I have control of the fan, the remote, and the last chocolate rice cake
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
SFFemmePrincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian Princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:

Yeah I like to clean at night. It seems I have the most motivation after midnight!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #10
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

Guess I'm not much of a night owl tonight--too much going on and I need sleep to deal with tomorrow's events somewhat rationally.

Goodnight, Night Owls!

Old 09-11-2010, 01:15 AM   #11
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

This is my night time office.

I'm usually at my daytime office, which could be my real office or any number of other places I do business, until 8 or 9 at night. After that, I'm in the office at home. Things are a little spread out so I only got a pic of the tools of the trade so to speak. There's two other computers and a couple of file cabinets. This really isn't an office, it's in the middle of our living room.

I'm usually up until 3:30 or 4:00 a.m. left coast time. I've been a night owl all my life and I'm really grateful that I have the luxury now of not having to be in the office at a specific time. Actually I don't have to be in the office at all since I basically work for myself. I try to get in by noon every day because that gives me a good 3 or 4 hours after everyone else has gone home for the day. Yes, I like quiet.

Most of my nights are spent answering emails, looking through listings, working on websites and building ads. All that stuff that I have to do that doesn't require other people. Of course, there's a lot of BFP and Facebook involved as well. I've also recently hooked into a real estate community that I spend way too much time on. And, I've started blogging for my business, which means a good bit of writing each night. Which probably explains why this post is so long!

So where are all you night owls at 3 a.m. when I'm usually here by myself?!
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:17 AM   #12
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

I work 2nd shift (2:30 - 10:30ish). I'm by nature a night owl.

I watch horror flicks at night when I have them. Whatever I have on DVR.

I play my facebook games.

I work on cleaning the house.

Last night I bathed 4 dogs.

I go for walks.

I play AoE.

I look up information for stuff I'm trying to figure out how to do.

I plan dinner and/or cook it, or just prep it for MBE to put in crockpot in the morning.

You name it, I do it. Night is my day. Bedtime is typically between 3-4. Last night it was 6 AM. I used to say my favorite thing was I got to see the sun set and see the sun rise. Still holds true when I get to do that.

I've always said if they have college classes at 3 AM, I'd be there.
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #13
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I can't believe I missed out on the night owl thread. I'm usually up most nights. My job requires that I go in between 5:30p-9:30p and get off between 8:30a-1p. (Yeah...whew) I'm normally up but last night I figured I'd better take a good work nap since I'm headed towards TN in about half an hour...lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #14
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

I go to bed early. So, what am I doing here? Because I like to awaken before sunrise. The eerie quiet before the birds song. Sometimes I write. Otherwise I meditate while the birds begin. Or, I read and think.Maybe I'm a just before day owl?
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #15
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a night owl by nature but can do mornings as well. I like the quiet and the lack of distractions the late hour provides. I clean, work on craft projects, cook, do bills, watch TV, write, and play online.

Up until last year, I worked plenty of graveyard shifts that helped me stick with the night owl's hours. Now, I live with a swing shifter, so we're up until 1 or 2am easy most of the time. Sometimes later. Usually up (or at least awake) by 9:30am though....for some reaons unbeknownst to either of us.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #16
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

When I was younger I used to be a nightowl not anymore can't do it with the dogs getting up at like 6:15 am usually up before the crack of dawn with them then fall back to sleep for a while before actually getting up so to all you nightowls yeah!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #17
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

I am totally a night owl at heart, but because of work and Erin being a morning person, I try to find middle ground during the week.

Last night both of us were nodding off with the laptops in bed by 11pm.... but usually it is her nodding off around 9-10pm and me wide awake until 12-1.

During the week, I've always said I wish I could work 10-6. My body naturally wakes around 8:30-9am.

Late at night, I tend to clean, watch movies, play around on the laptop, make CD's, do dishes, clean out my closet, makes lists of things I need to do...

I wish we had an all night grocery nearby, I'd love to shop with less people in the store.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #18
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I love the night time. I like it being just me, and not a ton of people in my way if I am out doing something. The night is very calming and free flowing for me. I would get a night job if it wouldn't cause me to miss out on socializing with friends during the day time.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote