How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default 8.8 Quake Rocks Chile

Tsunamis advisory's are being issued for the whole Pacific Basin, which includes Hawaii, CA, OR, and maybe WA?

Holy Crap that is strong.

Gonna pray for everyone in Chile, the shocks are huge and all centered right off the Coast. Makes me nervous to head to San Fran.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8540289.stm
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm watching CNN News right now and there's a big story going now....

So powerful! 8.8!!!

I'm going to believe, sweet Adele, that You will be so safe....That Mr. FireMountainHeart won't let a thing happen to You! Take Your leopard~print floaties....<smile>
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 05:53 AM   #3
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Right Ms. Diva? My wheelchair can outrun a wave. Just keep me off the bridges please.

I was just watching a video with Cal showing that the strongest earthquake EVER on record came from Chile in 1960 at 9.5. That prompted a Tsunami in Hilo following that quake with a loss of life of approx. 100.

Interestingly, the strongest quakes are not always the deadliest. I am way worried about this quake because the quakes are rocking right off the coast, close to Santiago and Consencion.

No word yet on Tsunami injuries but one would be expected to reach HI by 11 a.m. local time there.

Pat Roberts better zip it!
Old 02-27-2010, 06:14 AM   #4
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default been alot of quakes recently

Haiti, Japan, Chile. I am in SF for the moment....yikes. 8.8 is nothing I ever want to see.

Praying for everyone whose lives are devastated at the moment. Sanity to the chaos, healing to the injured, strength to the survivors and peace to the deceased.
key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

darling...........

no worries about tsunami here.......the news here is saying we may get 6 or 8 feet waves at high tide........no biggie and it will be long gone by the time you get here.

excited to see you...

edited: besides you are gonna be in Oaktown.....no tsunami here at all
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

When stuff like this, natural disasters I usually feel a bit overwhelmed. It reminds me I am a human and nature will always have the last word.

I also think about the real people and animals impacted and in distress. All of them worthy of some compassion and help. If you can help, do what you can do. If not with money, then your thoughts and deeds.

I do know that there is a member of this B-F cyber community that does reach across the various sites and she is not in Chile but very close. I am sure some of you know her too. There is also another community member in Hawaii, which may experience a tsunami as a result of this earthquake. Send an email and check in on them. There really is only 360 degrees of separation.

I know we all do not share in the same opinions, values, ecetera but I do hope we get that we do have some commonalities and can use some of that commonality to keep us hopeful.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

I'm streaming CNN right now, a lot of the Tsunami Warnings
have expired, but there are still many areas threatened...including Mexico.

This is scary stuff, and devastating for everyone in Chile.

Our thoughts and prayers are with them all.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Good Morning All -
I just couldn't believe my eyes when I read the morning headlines. My heart is in my throat and all I can think about are the wonderful people I've met during my years of climbing in South and Central America.

I have two friends on vacation right now. One in Thailand, and I see the Tsunami warnings are relaxed for them right now.

But the other friend is in Hawaii, the warning is for 1100am. I called him and he said he and his wife were bowled out of bed at 0545 this morning by Tsunami Sirens and the Hotel was evacuating them to high ground !

I just feel sick that South America is going through this.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
darling...........

no worries about tsunami here.......the news here is saying we may get 6 or 8 feet waves at high tide........no biggie and it will be long gone by the time you get here.

excited to see you...

edited: besides you are gonna be in Oaktown.....no tsunami here at all
Trying to convince Mrs. Day right now that driving
to Oakland today is indeed going to be safe.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well. I just called all my family and friends in Hawaii. They already sounded off the warnings, and are heading to higher grounds. The stores are crazy as everyone is getting the needed things to last at least a week. Most of Hawaii people are already prepared for Hurricanes and other natural disasters.
Lots of my friends work in the hotel industry, and they had to evacuate the lower floors, giving people a chance to head inland or move up to the higher floors. There bunkering down everything and preparing for the worse.
Please keep them all in your prayers. I wish I was home!
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Live Feed Link

I couldnt get the local news streaming link to work, but
if you're interested in Hawaii's status try this :

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hitsunami
The Following User Says Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #13
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thanks for the link Boots. I was born on the Island of Oahu, but spent most of my life on the big island when I was older. Hilo took a blast in the 60's and with all of the growth, I can only imagine what troubles they will have, to many people building homes closer and closer to the ocean only creates disasters to happen.
The south shores of Oahu homes and hotels are only about 10 to 15 feet from the oceans so that is another problem. Oceans call, and people get greedy and want to open there doors to just jump into the ocean from there porch. You can never disrespect the ocean or Mother nature!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums

Sadly, I cannot find streaming news (other than CNN, BBC) for Chile's disasterous quake.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,870 Times in 2,475 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My Pop's side of the family, which is huge and includes some cousins and second and third cousins I have never met, are all in Hawaii. Most are in the Honolulu area, but some are scattered on the other islands.

I'm a bit nervous and afraid this morning and am staying home tuned to the news.....at least until the major tsunami is expected to hit there around 11 AM, Hawaii time.

~Theo~ ......sticking close to Pop today.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #16
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums
Default Link Down - New Hawaii Link :

The previous link just went off the air.
For those still interested in Hawaii try this new link :

http://www.ustream.tv/cbsnews
Old 02-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #17
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

I have a brother in Chile. He said that so many things are down. Main road/Hwy's are collapsed, no electricity so they don't know what is going on, no water, gas leaking everywhere. He had to walk about 5 miles to get a cell signal. He said some of the holes in the earth is 10 feet wide and you can hardly see the bottom. Now that's scary! He is hoping that he can get some kind of info about what is going on, I told him that they had a 8.8 quake and he said it felt more like the earth just vanished from there feet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums

OH Blaze, this news makes me so sad.
I'm running two news reports on Hawaii and frusrated that I cant
pull up streaming news on Chile.

I'm glad to hear your brother is ok -
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #19
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
I have a brother in Chile. He said that so many things are down. Main road/Hwy's are collapsed, no electricity so they don't know what is going on, no water, gas leaking everywhere. He had to walk about 5 miles to get a cell signal. He said some of the holes in the earth is 10 feet wide and you can hardly see the bottom. Now that's scary! He is hoping that he can get some kind of info about what is going on, I told him that they had a 8.8 quake and he said it felt more like the earth just vanished from there feet.
We were just talking about you and we're so
glad you heard from your Brother.

You and yours are in our thoughts.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #20
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Just found this Article that covers the Bay Area:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=58091