Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #21
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

We love Torchwood and Dr. Who. Martha Jones was a lame companion, though, and was my least favorite season. I adored Rose, and the season with Donna Noble was the best! "Blink" and "The Girl in the Fireplace" are permanently saved on my Tivo so that I can watch them from time to time.

Life's been hectic the past few months, so we haven't seen any of the new Doctor, but the episodes are all saved on Tivo. One day we'll have a marathon.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #22
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Blink
The Family of Blood
Utopia
The Sound of Drums
Last of the Time Lords
The End of Time

My faves...
I managed to trigger curiosity in my relatives after sitting to watch "Blink" for dinner one time..
Their review? "Ok, Spooky..I'll never see gargoyles or Weeping Angels the same again.."
Martha Jones seemed too...Like they tried too hard..{Didnt she pop up once when Rose was Doctor's companion?..Cybermen episode "Army of Ghosts", she was one of the clerks in Torchwood?}

Old 05-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #23
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
Blink
The Family of Blood
Utopia
The Sound of Drums
Last of the Time Lords
The End of Time

My faves...
I managed to trigger curiosity in my relatives after sitting to watch "Blink" for dinner one time..
Their review? "Ok, Spooky..I'll never see gargoyles or Weeping Angels the same again.."
Martha Jones seemed too...Like they tried too hard..{Didnt she pop up once when Rose was Doctor's companion?..Cybermen episode "Army of Ghosts", she was one of the clerks in Torchwood?}

Yeah, she was a clerk in an earlier Torchwood before they then had her back as Martha ... and she did appear toward the end as another clerk in the final Rose episodes too. There seems to be a shortage of british actors, so they're all used multiple times lol
Old 06-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #24
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation
Default For all the Torchwood fans on the Planet!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s8/...th-series.html

Hopefully that'll bring a few smiles to some fans faces!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:07 AM   #25
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s8/...th-series.html

Hopefully that'll bring a few smiles to some fans faces!
Kick ass! Means I won't likely see it until 2011/2012 but good to know they are going to continue the franchise.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #26
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished watching this season of Doctor Who and all I can say... OMFG! What an awesome show! Matt Smith has done a wonderful job as the Doctor and Karen Gillian is great as Amy. Stephen Moffat, who is this seasons writer, has done a wonderful job at creating an intricate story line/arc to follow. I keep wondering how Dr. River Song (played by Alex Kingston) will change the Doctor. It appears she'll be appearing in the 2011 series so we'll likely see more of her.

Now, if Torchwood could be continued that'd be great!

Old 07-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #27
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

I am right there with you Linus... I loved it too!! I also miss torchwood... wish they would continue that one as well!!!!
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #28
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthie14 View Post
I am right there with you Linus... I loved it too!! I also miss torchwood... wish they would continue that one as well!!!!
They are. Starz and BBC are working on it (stories are being written right now). It was announced on June 7th. I think we'll see new stuff from Torchwood in 2011.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:24 PM   #29
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Well, from what I've read Torchwood will be continuing and the next series of Dr Who will be made in conjunction with an american television production company!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #30
ruthie14

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,243 Times in 461 Posts
ruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputationruthie14 Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
They are. Starz and BBC are working on it (stories are being written right now). It was announced on June 7th. I think we'll see new stuff from Torchwood in 2011.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
ruthie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:43 AM   #31
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Adding Sanctuary and Being Human to list of groovy BBC programming. LOVE some Helen Magnus!

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #32
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Being Human trailer..
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:50 AM   #33
Daktari

Oh my Lord! Dr.Who/Torchwood/Survivors fans.

Jeez Survivors is an old programme I remember watching that in my teens.

Has anyone yet worked out that Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who?

I love the Dr's new assistant Amy Pond and really enjoyed the last series, the first with a new writer Stephen Moffat. I didn't think it could be as good as the Russel T Davies scripts but I believe Moffat has stepped upto the plate in good style.

If you like Brit tv then I highly recommend Mongrels
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...els_Episode_1/
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #34
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

guess I am a quirk. Because I also like Animated movies too like; Thunderbirds, the whole series lol. I also really liked ; Man in a white suit.And come to think of it, the original; Wall-e was Britt originally so I really loved both Britt and US versions.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #35
Camo Eagle

How Do You Identify?:
FTM in these communities. Male in everyday & public life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Camo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST Reputation

Count me in for Torchwood. Loved It.
Also: HEX, AfterLife, The Hungar
Camo Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #36
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

OMFG!! Did anyone watch Doctor Who tonight on BBC America?? Talk about time travel challenges!! And Torchwood via Starz starts soon but I can't get the DVR to record it for some reason. It's not finding it in the guide.

Gonna be a long summer.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #37
EmpressM

How Do You Identify?:
human

EmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST Reputation

OMFG! is right! Great episode tonight! I miss Donna though...She was the best!
I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. ~John Lennon
EmpressM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #38
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leFemmeEmpressM View Post
OMFG! is right! Great episode tonight! I miss Donna though...She was the best!
LOL ya she was very quirky! But I think she worked best with Tennat and Pond is better with Smith as it allows him to be even quirkier and have more of an expressive face range.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #39
EmpressM

How Do You Identify?:
human

EmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST Reputation

Very true, Donna wouldn't work with Smith. I just frequently find myself thinking, "shut up, Pond!" She annoys me. I've been a DW fan since I was a little girl, and so far Pond is my least favorite companion.
I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. ~John Lennon
EmpressM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #40
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Torchwood, new series, starting either next week or the following week here in the UK, so it shouldn't be long before it hits your version of the BBC!
Hopefully...
Massive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Massive For This Useful Post: