Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Expression through Symbolism

Do you express yourself through symbolism?

What symbols have you discovered that portray your charactor, emotions, beliefs and ideas?

While designing a tattoo, I relied on numerology and totems to express my ideas in an abstract way.

This got me wondering how other people came into their symbolic ideas of self.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default kicking it off -

The number 8 has a strong presence for me in numerology (birthdate) and my totem is an Octopus...8. Imagine that.

So my tattoo is an Octopus...it is the symbol which represents the ideas and feelings, the character that the totem and the numerology 8 have totally described me as, which I've found to be accurate.

Number 8
an authoritarian streak and like to be in charge at all times,be aggressive, if not bullish, and they have paid a price for that more than once. They are capable and smart, and often able to see the larger picture well before anyone else does.
8s have trouble accepting the authority of other individuals or institutions. Successful Sun Number 8s are careful to not to let anger cloud their judgment.
Not an easy one to please when it comes to romance. This is mostly due to the fact that he or she simply doesn't show much of what he or she is feeling. The 8 tends to be level headed, something that can take the wind out of a passionate romantic relationship. 8 is neither demanding, nor particularly giving. It considers sex the way it looks at all other needs of the flesh: satisfy it, then move on. On the other hand, the 8 has a strong sense of commitment, takes care of those around him or her, and will fight to protect them. Having an 8 Sun Number on your side is reason to feel safe and secure.

1. right belief
2. right resolution
3. right speech
4. right action
5. right living
6. right effort
7. right thinking
8. peace of mind through meditation

Octopus
We get what we want in an intelligent and efficient way. Complexity,Diversity,Variability,Intelligence,Insi ght,Vision,Mystery,Illusion
The Octopus wards off evil and an incredibly powerful totem, carrying great status. She is a protector, and will die fighting for her tribe, her young or those in her charge. The octopus is a voracious student. Octopus moves skillfully in a realm that is in constant motion.
Spiritual and intuitively gifted; nonetheless we are physical beings and must temper our sychic gifts with strong foundational grounding.
She is symbolic of agility, grace and flexibility. She is able to slip out of the tightest places, and ambulate as if she is the embodiment of water itself. She reminds us that we may move towards our goals in unorthodox ways and still achieve the same, if not better results.
extremely intelligent with the ability to reason, strategize, and recall information. The octopus reminds us to use our logic to our highest advantage. She urges us to be the master of our intelligence, not the slave.The octopus reminds us that nothing is as it seems. Behind our physicality there is a vast reality imbued with subtle wonder,
and this is about the opening of consciousness.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting thread. Yes, I have many times expressed myself through symbolism. I tend to notice synchronicities when I actually pay attention to them. I don't know much about numerology though. How do you find out what your number is and what does it signify?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_On_Fire View Post
How do you find out what your number is and what does it signify?

There are several free online resources as a start. And if you really get into it, you could also find resources at your local bookstores, holistic centers, etc !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums
Default Camoflauge ? Pink Flamingoes? Hello Kitty?

I only used numerology and totems as my example...its the most recent thing that made me wonder about symbolism...

I love camoflauge...its symbolic of my military experience and ruggedness...I have it in my luxury SUV (mats, visor pouches, seat covers) . I identify with the inside of my car more than I do the outside !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,238 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i don't know if 8 is my number via numerology, but i sure do like, ... it is my favorite. the infinity symbol, which is a side ways 8, ... i fell in love with while taking college algebra lol. a diamond shape because of softball, ... the field. i like the letter W.

that's a few i can think of right off the top of my head. i'm sure there's others. i'd like to find just the right collage for a tattoo, ... using this symbol, shape, letter. maybe something else added.

math, softball, writing, ... represent me.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #7
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,013 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
Do you express yourself through symbolism?

What symbols have you discovered that portray your charactor, emotions, beliefs and ideas?

Utilizing metaphor is significant to the way I percieve my own identity; and also, use of metaphor helps me to communicate other aspects of who I am - which, use of metaphor by anyone (including myself) requires that an audience shares a similar knowledge base about the metaphor that is used to describe any one set of beliefs or emotional acuity or even something that could lend toward a deeper understanding about ones' character.

For example, I do not know what any numerologist might say about the no. 13; but the number thirteen is part of a lifelong inner-family dialogue concerning dates of birth or special events that share a synchronicity to a narrative of the no. 13 within my own family.

Other examples of metaphor, which might symbolize core beliefs or ideas that primarily exemplify particular aspects about me, might be found in song lyrics or articles penned by scholarly authors (Aristotle, Milosz, Bahktin, Burke, Simmel, Weber, Ting-Toomey, Planck, Hawking or Sagan or Russell) or even within musical compositions free of lyrics, in that the notes or the orchestral movement moves me to connect more wholly with who I am and how I feel or experience any sort of unknown emotion I never knew to exist in myself or knew I had, for that matter.

Art, Music, Philosophy (literally and figuratively) are very much a part of who I am and where I find myself growing and learning not only about my own identity, but where I exist in relationship to others.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #8
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

I am attracted to Japanese/Chinese characters to express concepts and abstract ideas.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting thread and I'm thinking about it. It's a tough question for me because I take symbolism very, very seriously. It's a challenge to first identify one's essential traits, then abstract them into a visual symbol. I'll subscribe to this thread and see if other people's responses help me figure it out!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Utilizing metaphor is significant to the way I percieve my own identity; and also, use of metaphor helps me to communicate other aspects of who I am

...the number thirteen is part of a lifelong inner-family dialogue concerning dates of birth or special events that share a synchronicity to a narrative of the no. 13 within my own family.

Other examples of metaphor, which might symbolize core beliefs or ideas that primarily exemplify particular aspects about me, might be found in song lyrics or articles penned by scholarly authors (Aristotle, Milosz, Bahktin, Burke, Simmel, Weber, Ting-Toomey, Planck, Hawking or Sagan or Russell) or even within musical compositions free of lyrics
Katzchen, thankyou for your thoughtful response!
I agree that metaphors serve us, as we compare something seemingly unrelated to our lifes events, feelings and/or ideas which then makes the association an understandable conveyance of thought . IE, my octopus tat...
I think analogy also serves us in this sense.

And its interesting to see your family association with the number 13. I've never really subscribed to the idea of coincidence either ..and so I understand synchronicity to be more destiny than casual occurrence of events, as I think you just said !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums
Default Kanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
I am attracted to Japanese/Chinese characters to express concepts and abstract ideas.
Yes, I love Kanji. The PNW has a large Asian community and Kanji
is prevailant in tattoos, marketing, literature, etc. I it interesting that its so disciplined...down to the stroke order of its presentation !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

I use Kanji in my clay work.

Eastern thought and design is my draw to the arts and my enjoyment of living. It finds it way into every aspect of my life. My clothing preferences all the way to the food I choose to eat, my outlook and my humor.

Interesting thread Boots13, thanks.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #13
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sure that anyone here would research kanji and any form of symbolism taken from other cultures before using them, but not everyone does. When we even consider taking something from another culture we have a responsibility to make sure it's used in a respectful and appropriate manner.

I've seen some very offensive and ignorant kanji symbols tattooed on Westerners. A friend of mine, who is Chinese and also an anthropology professor, sometimes has her students visit local tattoo parlors and take cell phone pictures of the hanzi and kanji symbols displayed in their idea books. I can't remember the exact percentage of them that were wrong but I think it was like 40%. Those aren't great odds when it comes to getting something permanent put on your body.

There's a funny blog called Hanzi Smatter that is dedicated to the misuse of Chinese and Japanese characters, mostly portrayed in tattoos.

It's a busy site, but someone was nice enough to pick out some real gems:
That Tattoo Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Means

A good NYT article on this issue:

Cool Tat, Too Bad It's Gibberish

What an great thread. I'm always interested in anything to do with how people express themselves. I have a patch on my messenger bag that depicts the Hegelian Dialectic's Thesis/ Antithesis/ Synthesis. From far away it looks like a cross made out of two arrows, and I've had people approach me and want to discuss religion because of it. Symbols can be tricky.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums
Default expression and authenticity...

Can appropriation go either way? I believe it can …. It may be an honor or it can endanger a marginalized group…and yes, the responsibility lies in who is appropriating and in the context of the representation.

Appropriation has occurred throughout history but if a dominant culture is appropriating it then has the potential to become an unequal relationship and at that point smacks of “assimilation or annhilation” .

I’d like to explore your statement
" When we even consider taking something from another culture we have a responsibility to make sure its used in a respectful and appropriate manner”
But what is the baseline for respectful and appropriate? And where do we draw the line ? Art? Literature? Tattoos? Politics? Ritualistic application?

As a personal illustration, I have a Native American styled tattoo, but I am not Native. I am respectful representing this as a cognitive symbol of my external reality/history. Its an abstract symbol with First Nations tones. Have I committed an infraction by doing this?

I appreciate, greatly , your response and I would love to hear other opinions on this. I don’t know what respectful or responsible looks like (unless of course it is an overt act of violence or hatred) when an individual is appropriating a symbol for use as expression, identification or to parlay a fluid concept.

I do agree symbols can be tricky within the context of perception. Thank you, Semantics, for your post !
Old 03-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #15
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I keep returning to this thread but I come up with nothing, when I try to let whatever is my symbol rise to the surface of my consciousness.

I identify more with color, I think. I've always had colors that felt like they were "mine." Maybe I'll start there.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #16
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Nice topic....

I have used symbolism throughout in order to express the person that I am. The Pisces sign both the fish and the other little sign that kind of looks like an H. I find great connection with... mostly because it's my sign and it represents me well. I want a tattoo with two mermaids that have their tails twisted together. Eventually I will get this.... So, here lately, mermaids are playing a role in a symbolic meaning for me.

More often though I tend to use totems. My longest lasting of them and the one that represents me the most is the turtle. More importantly the sea turtle is the one I find myslef more attracted to. The sea turtle tends to dive deep as an escape to find solace. I tend to need my quiet alone space every now and then in order to regroup. As well, I move slow and steady and I am always home wherever I go. I rescently learned through feng shui studies that the turtle is placed to the backside of a room, property, etc, because it is the protector of the space. The shell representing as such. That I found interesting because I have always been considered a protector. So again, turtle is it.

The Pisces fish, the mermaids, and the turtle are mine for now... all water related... Hmmmmm..............
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #17
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Since you brought it to light

Living in the Southwest for decades made me very aware of using the symbols of cultures I was surrounded by, Native American tribes, Mexican and Spanish.

When asked why I don't make pots that look more Native, I have always replied, 'It's not my culture." Meaning I'm not going to exploit the ignorance of tourists or others and claim to be Native, and therefore 'my pots' are authentic. Although my great grandmother was Native, I still am not sure what tribe or other affiliations she may have had. So NO, I do not consider myself Native. Using Native signs and symbols for personal gain is a major no-no in my world. Using their pottery making techniques is different to me. It's a technique that many cultures have used over many thousands of years. However, I don't make Native pots for sale. I have made them yes, under the direction of my Native teacher. I gave them away as gifts.

As for Spanish influences, I have a huge family still living in Spain. Until recently when my father explained that we are actually French Basque, I believed otherwise.

My thoughts are that we pull images, colors, feelings from a vast collective unconcious. For some it appears to be from our similiar cultures, and others from cultures we believe we have no affiliation, but a deep regard or pull.

I think it matters not where we find these images, symbols, but our intent when using them. Respect is the key word here for me personally.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #18
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

I guess if I were to choose a symbol, it's the peace sign. I have a necklace that a very good friend of mine gave me that's a peace sign and a few bracelets in the peace sign as well. It symbolizes my need/desire for peace within my heart and my mind.
And the fact that I'm a product of the '60's, it reminds me of my younger days. That's why I chose it for my avatar.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #19
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
I identify more with color, I think. I've always had colors that felt like they were "mine." Maybe I'll start there.
When I think of Black as symbol, I think mourning. If I gave Pink a cause or complexity of thought I default to Breast Cancer Awareness and then Cancer in general. Green represents, for me, peace and calm and can illicit a response of being in the forest...I think I get it ! I love the association of color to symbolism.
It didnt occur to me when I started the thread that Color can also convey a thought or message !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
..I have used symbolism throughout in order to express the person that I am. ..
More often though I tend to use totems. My longest lasting of them and the one that represents me the most is the turtle.

The Pisces fish, the mermaids, and the turtle are mine for now... all water related.
Its fascinating to read how we associate or connect to the world at large through a series of feelings or ideas that manifest into Turtle, Octopus, Mermaids, Colors ! And I wonder, do our totems guide us? Or do they make their way, trailing us as we move forward in the world ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Using their pottery making techniques is different to me. It's a technique that many cultures have used over many thousands of years. However, I don't make Native pots for sale. I have made them yes, under the direction of my Native teacher. I gave them away as gifts.
I think it matters not where we find these images, symbols, but our intent when using them. Respect is the key word here for me personally.
How wonderful that you know the tradition of a culture regarding the making of traditional pots. Though you dont claim the culture could you be considered a guide or teacher of the technique? I think its important to know what it is we claim or borrow from cultures that are not our own. But it also seems imperative that we dont let the earmarks of a culture fade or die. It seems a difficult task to maintain the integrity of a culture that you dont claim by knowing and demonstrating ancient techniques, and still honoring that culture without diluting its traditions by continuiing to stand outside it, by not claiming it. I'm glad you posted
Sweet Bliss. Thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
I guess if I were to choose a symbol, it's the peace sign. I have a necklace that a very good friend of mine gave me that's a peace sign and a few bracelets in the peace sign as well. It symbolizes my need/desire for peace within my heart and my mind.
And the fact that I'm a product of the '60's, it reminds me of my younger days. That's why I chose it for my avatar.
I love the peace sign. Its universal. Its portable. It packs a whollop when used in the midst of conflict and it reminds me of daisy's ! LOL, thanks Cid !
Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,590 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

This is the Japanese symbol for Beloved, the meaning of my first name, Suikenna.

My Numerology profile is 3:If your Life-Path number is THREE, your life is likely to be characterized by the undying need for expression. This can take the form in conversation but also in the arts. Typically, the THREE has an above-average ability in some art form. This can encompass painting, interior decorating, crafts, writing, music, drama or all of the above.

Enjoying the company of like minded creative people is likely to be on your top ten list of pleasures. THREE’S are genuinely warm and friendly. They make excellent friends by sharing interesting information and by actively listening. Entertaining in your home comes readily for most THREE’S as you can make everyone feel at home. With such a sunny disposition and openhearted approach, others will naturally seek out your hospitality. Key words for a THREE Life-Path number are expression, verbalization, socialization, the joy of living, the arts and travel.

As a THREE, you’re likely to be an entertainer either formally or within your social circle. You’re one of the effervescent, sparkling people in the world with an eternal optimism. Things will rarely get a THREE down. Setbacks will be just a part of the overall scheme of things and won't keep you from feeling positive. This exuberant demeanor and love of life can take a THREE to great lengths when creative expression is developed.

With this in mind, the THREE’S life purpose is to develop self-expression in a tangible, productive means. It’s important to nail down the artistic outlets that you thrive most in. The best work will be produced when a THREE focuses on their own personal expression and not what the market wants. This isn't always an easy path, yet it will be richly rewarding. Optimism is a powerful tool for the actively expressive THREE.

My Chinese sign is the Dragon:The Dragon is one of the most powerful and lucky Signs of the Chinese Zodiac. Its warm heart makes the Dragon's brash, fiery energy far more palatable. This is a giving, intelligent and tenacious Sign that knows exactly what it wants and is determined to get it. Dragons possess a certain natural, charming charisma that ensures they can always influence their peers and often find themselves the center of attention in social situations. This Sign is truly blessed, too; Dragons are considered to be very lucky in love! The Dragon's friends are always keen to hear what this firebrand has to say and when it comes to dispensing advice, the Dragon has the floor. Its ego can get in the Dragon's way, but even so, this larger-than-life creature has a knack for initiating projects and keeping the troops motivated. According to Dragons, it's their natural born right to lead the way -- because who else could do it so surely and so well? As lucky as they are, Dragons have a good chance of achieving considerable material wealth during their lifetimes, although it isn't mere money that's this Sign's main motivation. Power is what the Dragon wants and truly believes it deserves. Dragons are quite the opportunists, forever searching for ways in which to consolidate their considerable power. Contrary to all this strength and fire, a weakened Dragon is a sad sack, a creature that refuses to take defeat with even a modicum of grace. The role of leader is the only one the Dragon wants, the better from which to give orders and be king of the hill. They make solid leaders, too, knowing instinctively what needs to be done to stay on top. Crossing the Dragon is never a good idea -- this beast can singe! A valuable life lesson for this clever creature would be to absorb the principles of flexibility, compassion and tolerance. Being high and mighty can serve to inspire others, but it also keeps Dragons from living their lives to the fullest. If Dragons can learn to balance their quest for success with an appreciation for the little things, their life will be more than worthwhile.