Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tributes

Hi Everyone,

We've all had someone in our lives that we've loved and admired and have passed away. I'd like to have a place where we could pay tribute to those
people who've made our lives better.
Please note, this is not a place to air our pain, but to really talk about how
wonderful these people were and maybe some things about them that made
us laugh, cry and live our lives with more love and acceptance.

I also ask that if it's someone in your personal life, use only the first name
and no pictures please.

Thank you for sharing.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I had so much more time to tell you about the woman that I considered my '2nd' mom. She was my mother-in-law and she's been in my life since I was 15 years old. That was 37 years ago and she just passed away last weekend.
She had this twinkle in her eye that showed the love that she had for everyone around her. She had magnificent cheek bones with skin that glowed and was so soft to touch.
She was a terrible driver but had fantastic eyesight when she was a passenger. She could see a stop sign that was blocks away and would make sure you saw it too..lol. I would say...it's two blocks down Mom, I'm ok. and just chuckle.
She made the best cookies at Christmas time and always had everyone at her home every year.
The best thing is that she thought of me as her own daughter. She had 5 sons and I was like a daughter that she never had. She made sure that I was mentioned in her obituary, even though her son and I were divorced.

She was a warm, loving, wonderful lady and I was blessed to have had her in my life.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
SoSousMe

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Juxtaposed/Butch/Top/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just a normal Guy
Relationship Status:
Single

SoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oran

Thank you for this thread.

My nephew Oran (we called him Odie) would be 24 now, he died in a motorcycle accident ... well 3 days ago was the 5 yr anniversary.

He was My oldest sister's youngest son, he and My son were the very best of friends, raised together, did everything together. They were raised more as brothers than cousins, attached at the hip those 2 were.

Odie was the biggest pain in the arse you could ever meet, but in a good way. He was a prankster, a wild one, the funny one. He was the quarterback of his high school football team, and a national high school finalist calf roper.

He bought a motorcycle, and died that night.

I was the one who had to tell My sister that she had lost her baby, and tell My mother that she had lost her grandson. I will never, ever, forget hearing My sister on the phone... indescribable pain.. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I made to the hospital right as they were wheeling his body out of the room, they took him back in for Me to say goodbye. It was the most surreal experience of My life.

It happened 2 weeks before My son's 18th birthday and coinciding high school graduation. Needless to say, there was not much to celebrate.

There are some days... that it still stuns Me... to realize he's not here anymore.

My sister doesn't speak to us on his birthday or the anniversary of his death, no matter how many times we call, or txt. She does not respond, usually a week or so later, I get a txt from her saying "i love you". That's the most she can muster.

My mother cannot speak of it.

We just held the annual Roping / Golf Scramble to benefit his scholarship fund at his high school, it also benefits the Texas High School Rodeo Association. Every year, it blows Me away to see the number of local business & individual sponsors for the event, and to see how many people show up from across the country to honor his memory and to help out with a good cause.

I love him and miss him every day of My life

Thank y'all for letting Me share
If by chance a lady's hand appears before You, don't let Your pride hinder Your progress. Take the hand she offers, for her touch may lend the perfect amount of resistance needed to help steady You on Your feet.

The honor in Dominance lies in the ability to recognize submission as a gift.

I tend to delve deep within Myself.. sometimes hearing nothing more than the stir of My own soul.

LQ
SoSousMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SoSousMe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default POP

We lovingly called him Pop. He was my father in law. The most gentle man I have ever known. He was very quiet and very soft spoken when he did talk. He didn't have much but he would give you the shirt off of his back.

He taught me so many things, that I guess I took for granted at the time. Thinking he would always be here, yet knowing at some point he would finally be at peace physically. We picked on him all the time about pulling his pants up, until he finally started wearing suspenders. He worked hard at his job and came home in the evenings and worked just as hard in the garden. On his days off he and I worked in the garden, picking and preparing veggies for canning. He loved his grandkids and took care of them all at some point. They loved Papaw as much as he loved them. They dotted on each other, and in his gentle voice all he ever had to do was say their name and they would settle down from whatever he was after them about. Occasionally he would "get you with his hat". That was his most stern correction with the kids.

Pop looked after his wife, and they went everywhere together. She didn't drive but he would cart her off to the mall and sit in the middle and wait on her to bring packages to take to the car. He helped her with canning to the wee hours of the mornings when the garden was coming off.

One of the funniest stories I always tell about Pop, was from many years ago. Twenty-five years ago there was no charge to carry off garbage to the dump. Some big doo daa took over the sanitation department for this county and decided we'd have to start paying to go to the landfield. Pop had a huge building, and he kept everything. He also let everyone he knew put stuff out there. Funiture, mowers, motors, clothes, everything you can imagine.

We decided to clean out the building before we had to pay at the dump. We filled up my truck and his truck and took off for our first trip to the dump. We got his truck cleaned out and started throwing stuff out of my truck and his wife turned around and caught him putting stuff back in his truck as we were throwing it out of my truck. She yelled at him, "PUT THAT BACK! WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE" "WE AIN'T TAKIN HOME MORE THAN WE BRUNG" LOL he chuckled his soft chuckle and said Moma somebody might need this stuff. She said well if they do they can go buy it, you aint takin it home. I laughed at them so many times.

Pop has been gone 14 months. I miss him, his gentle nature, his soft spoken voice, but mostly his love of his family and me.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default 6th year anniversay....

For my Grandmother, who always was and will always be the most important person in my life.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mrs Ross

When I was a small child there was a thicket with a bunch of plum trees across the street from our apartment. I came out on the other side of the thicket one day and an elderly lady was getting her paper out of the box. She began talking to me and we fell in love I think that very minute. She and her husband didn't have any kids of their own, but had great nieces and nephews around my age.

Mrs Ross was diabetic, of course I had no idea what that was at 4 yrs old. I'd go visit Mrs Ross several times a week and before I left she would prop her feet up on a little stool and have me rub lotion on her feet, they were so calloused and crusty from the diabetes. I'd wash my hands and she'd give me a piece of candy and sometimes a dime and I'd be on my way home before the street lights came on.

I went to visit her one day and she was in her back yard raking leaves. We chatted a bit as she raked then she gave me the rake, telling me she would be back in a bit. I don't know how long I raked, but when she came to the porch and called me to come in, the closer to the house I got the better I could smell her homemade cookies, cooking. Yup she gave me some milk and cookies for raking for her. The next day I made several trips with her small wheelbarrow and dumped the leaves at the back of the property. She gave me a whole quarter for that, and I'm sure I lotioned up her feet before I left and got a piece of candy.

She didn't always pay me for doing things for her and Mr Ross, but she always thanked me graciously. They would talk and tell stories of "the old days". It was likely here that I learned to listen to and enjoy the elderly. Not just listen but really hear what they are saying. They also are credited along with several other adults in my younger years, of teaching me that you don't always get paid to do things for people, there are many times you just give of yourself, even if it's only a foot rub or listening and you don't expect anything in return.

Even after we moved across the river and I got old enough to drive I'd go see Mrs Ross. Mr Ross had died many years earlier but she stayed at the house and even in her 80's would take the city bus to church or to town. I don't know that they ever owned a car. She taught me kindness and gentleness and so much more.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: