Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #1701
Daktari

The Life of Pi - Yann Martel. Cracking read!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #1702
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

About to go pick up Cutting for Stone from the library. My book club read for the month.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #1703
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Is anyone on goodreads.com? I joined several months ago, but just recently started actually using the site, and I'm really glad I did! Looking through friends' lists, I've come across a lot of books I wanted to read, or re-read, and had forgotten about.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #1704
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,638 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default PN

"Canto General"

por Pablo Neruda

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #1705
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default PN

"Canto General"

by Pablo Neruda

In Spanish, though there are several English
translations.

Thank you for asking, Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
"Canto General"

por Pablo Neruda

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #1706
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

For the foreseeable future...

The TEAS study guide (entrance exam for nursing school)

and then

Anatomy and physiology texts that my professor deems necessary...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #1707
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Still working on Wizard's First Rule, by Terry Goodkind.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #1708
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. An amazing biography, not sure why it took me so long to pick it up. I'm awed by the amount of research the author put into this book- she goes seamlessly between family history, medical ethics, racism in the South and cell biology.... all in a compelling narrative. It's all the more moving to me because I've actually worked with the HeLa cell line...and only now have I ever thought about the woman it came from.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #1709
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Thieves of Baghdad by Matthew Bogdanos.

I listened to him speak at a local college and found him intelligent and humble, so I was surprised to read so many reviews calling him pompous and egotistical. I'm very interested in the subject of what happened to all of the stolen museum artifacts in Iraq and the hunt to find them again. It's good so far.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #1710
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I am reading The Hunger Games. I rarely read fiction. The ten year old in my life loved this book and asked me to read it. Not exactly riviting for me but, I am very glad to see that a young woman is smart, strong, hero. And, I am touched that the 10 year old wants to share something meaningful to her with me.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #1711
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default the pleasure of reading

"Deep Survival" by Laurence Gonzales

"Surviving Survival" by the same author

Read these two this past week and tonight I
am re-reading "Final Gifts" by Maggie Callanan
and Patricia Kelley

Yes, the themes are death, dying, surviving survival
and above all and in all categories...resilience.

What deep pleasure I get from reading...like holding
subtle, and heart-wrenching conversations with intelligent
and sensitive others.

Life is good. Greco

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #1712
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

By Wednesday, I hope to be reading a biography about Lincoln's early life. Seeing the movie made me want to read alll about him....

I can't wait to be able to read again just in general. Without the clawing headaches that follow...

<<< happy girl..if not a wee bit trepidatious

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #1713
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Death-Bees-A-Novel/dp/0062209841/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359253442&sr=8-1&keywords=death+of+bees"]The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell[/ame]

"Marnie and her little sister, Nelly, are on their own now. Only they know what happened to their parents, Izzy and Gene, and they aren't telling. While life in Glasgow's Maryhill housing estate isn't grand, the girls do have each other. Besides, it's only a year until Marnie will be considered an adult and can legally take care of them both."
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #1714
Chelsius

How Do You Identify?:
Queerdo Lady Unit
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Chelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST Reputation
Default hp4

I am, for what seems the millionth time, rereading the entire Harry Potter series. Right now I'm on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Chelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chelsius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #1715
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default ...

Help Thanks Wow: The Three Essential Prayers, written
by Anne Lamott.

This book is written in the usual Lamott style of dissecting the way we communicate with a Higher Being. She brings the three essential prayers to life as only she can do. This is an easy read as far as time...however, processing of the content can be a bit more tedious. Somehow she weaves the content in such a way one comes away thinking...she just read the thoughts in my head.

Anne Lamott glows again with the publishing of this jewel.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #1716
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsius View Post
I am, for what seems the millionth time, rereading the entire Harry Potter series. Right now I'm on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
I usually do this once a year.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #1717
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished Game of Thrones

and am really really jonesing for the next book: but I have a book club book (The Big Burn) plus the new Jen Lancaster and the new John Green that people are really bugging me to discuss with them

also a big stack of stuff for graduate seminar in British Enlightenment Literature

What I am looking for here is for someone to tell me

"Go ahead and plow through the entire Song of Ice and Fire series- book club can wait, Enlightenment Literature can wait, John Green can wait, and Jen Lancaster can wait"

Is there anyone out there available to do that for me?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #1718
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Everything I can get my hands on! <3
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #1719
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading a childhood favorite right now...The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #1720
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Before Green Gables.
It's the story of Anne Shirley ( of Green Gables), before she was adopted and brought to Prince Edward Island.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading