Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: What color would you like the first swapghan to be? (Please vote ONLY if you are participating)
Purple (any shade of including variegated) 2 6.45%
Neutral 5 16.13%
Autumn Jewel (Gold, Rust, Red, Purple, Yellow, Brown, etc) 13 41.94%
Blue (any shade of including variegated) 9 29.03%
Rainbow Squares 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #241
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

You are absolutely right, Christie. I am disrespectful. I keep telling myself I'm going to do this and then something comes up. I let things get in the way. I do have the squares out and will endeavor to still mail them. I appreciate your doing this.

I will also return everyone's squares to them when I mail them mine. It's only fair.

I appreciate your candor.

I will remove myself from this project and any future projects. No hard feelings on my part at all. I hope y'all can forgive me.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #242
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
You are absolutely right, Christie. I am disrespectful. I keep telling myself I'm going to do this and then something comes up. I let things get in the way. I do have the squares out and will endeavor to still mail them. I appreciate your doing this.

I will also return everyone's squares to them when I mail them mine. It's only fair.

I appreciate your candor.

I will remove myself from this project and any future projects. No hard feelings on my part at all. I hope y'all can forgive me.
Arwen -

I hope you know that I didn't post to be hurtful and that I don't like that the situation came down (for me) that I felt I needed to speak my feelings about it.

I know how easy it is to start a project, especially a crafty one, and for the enthusiasm to wane. Its one of the reasons I usually have a couple different things going at once and also why I read two or three books at a time. Its that immediate gratification thing for me.

Thank you for taking time to respond. You needn't return my square. I made it and sent it in the spirit of which we started this project. Perhaps hanging on to them will give you the "umph" one day to pick up your yarn and start crocheting away.

Best,
Christie
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #243
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think that although you might be feeling badly right now, I would MUCH rather you stay in the project and keep my square. If you can find a way to mail me your raffleghan squares this week, I will add them to the raffleghan.

Yanno, sometimes in life we come up against something that is a "Do Not." It doesn't normally make sense, yanno? We start something with great enthusiasm and the best of intentions, but somewhere along the way we get a strong message that we need to stop... then every time we try to finish it, we find ourselves deflected away, either by other things immediately claiming our attention or by our own emotions suddenly making us too tired to cope.

When it's this consistent, I find it to be a big red flag that something is wrong which I haven't consciously acknowledged yet. In my own life, I have finally acknowledged that I have a huge "Do Not" about the psychic line; no matter how hard I tried, I could NOT make myself log in. I dunno why; it doesn't make any sense. I chose to be part of it, I wanted to do it, I said I would be available; this is, after all, what I do for my family and friends all the time..... yet after the first week, every time I logged in I had an anxiety attack or got completely exhausted; pretty soon there was every reason in the world to do other things and ignore the psychic line. (Quite often, the reason was, "but the dogs will bark." OY. Sooo irrational...)

Arwen, I'm wondering if you have a "Do Not" about going to the post office. You mentioned before that you're bad about it... is it more than that, honey? Is it impossible for you to go?

Can someone else mail them for you? Would someone be willing to go and spare you from the anxiety of a Do Not? If I lived near you, sweetheart, I would do it just to help you; maybe someone else will be willing to help you?

A Do Not might not be a full-blown phobia and it's certainly never rational, but there's always a reason for it somewhere... and hey, if we didn't each have our weird little quirks (like mine about the psychic line), we wouldn't be the interesting characters we are today.

Please don't give up on this, oh fellow Interesting Character. The raffleghan will be better for having your squares in it!
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #244
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Arwen -

I really took Bit's post to heart and if I was harsh in my post because its a "do not" for you, then I apologize.

There is an option thru the US Postal Service called click and ship. If I recall correctly, Ami used this service to ready her packages.

Here is the link for the FAQs:

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usp...%20Service$ALL

It looks pretty simple and if you are using any of the flat rate items, you can order packaging materials free of charge and your postal worker will deliver them to your home. Also, I am pretty sure if you use the click and ship feature, they will pick the packages up from your home too.

I agree with Bit in that I don't wish you to give up on this - I just wanted to ensure that the raffleghan was completed as we had promised.

C
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #245
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Arwen, I'm wondering if you have a "Do Not" about going to the post office. You mentioned before that you're bad about it... is it more than that, honey? Is it impossible for you to go?

Can someone else mail them for you? Would someone be willing to go and spare you from the anxiety of a Do Not? If I lived near you, sweetheart, I would do it just to help you; maybe someone else will be willing to help you?

Interesting. I'll have to examine this. It feels true when I read it. In a past version of the current model of Teh Arwen, I suffered from agoraphobia. As in I would not leave my house unless it was to get in the car and go through a drive-through. I might go to the grocery store IF it was after midnight and only the store I knew.

I still have some issues around that. I won't go in a place by myself for the first time. I HAVE to go in with someone. The times I've had to overcome that ... I have dealt with it but the after-effects aren't pretty.

Sometimes, I get that way even if it is some place that I do know.

Hmm.

I'll see if I can enlist my stepson's help.

I'll check out the click and ship as well.

Thank you, bit. I adore you.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #246
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I agree with the others, I don't want you to drop out
I want to you participate

also you are not the only one who needs to mail out something

(the following has been added by bandit as she walked across my laptop
]
'mjo['''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''[[[[[[[[[[[[l.op90\

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #247
sweetcali
BFP Angel

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Yes I have a status.

Location: I ride a cowboy in Rodeo in the communist nation of the isle of cali.
sweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I have been sitting on my hands in an effort to not post about folks getting down to the wire and hearing nothing as to their progress and time frame of completion.

At the very base level, its simply disrespectful. If you have not finished the squares, why not just say, "Hey - I know this was my grand idea, but I am unable to finish the project." (Yes, Arwen, that is pointed at you because I believe when you take on a leadership role, you have the added responsibility of maintaining communication)

The silence on this thread, while you continue to post daily on others, speaks volumes. Things come up. Life happens. I have the can-see-the-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel home renovation in progress while I have been battling my own physical health issues and my fulltime run the world job. Cath has not just carpel tunnel and fibro but also had to navigate getting things mailed while depending on public transportation and budgetary issues. Ami, I'm sure, has a very full plate with her life. Linus and K have a full, busy life, and Cali is battling the big C. (If I missed anyone, it was not on purpose, but rather fibro brain fog this morning - I was simply using the things off the top of my head as examples of each of us having 1001 things a minute to do)

I just don't understand how folks can just blow other people off and it is so disappointing and really pisses me off. Communicating with folks is what we do here and to have others hold your feet to the fire for something we all VOLUNTEERED to be a part of, well, it just sucks.

Maybe this is a little harsh, but its not like we had unspoken expectations of one another. We all committed to something and I simply expected folks to live up to it - and if for some reason, couldn't, to have them communicate that they could no longer participate.

It doesn't make you a bad person, but I would rather you just say it ain't happening rather than passive-aggressively say it.

Its not fair to put the rest of us in the position to be the bad guys. Its not fair to Cath who has offered to put together the afghan for the Reunion raffle to be in a holding pattern just waiting to see what/when the remaining squares will arrive.

To that end, I spoke with Cath yesterday via emails and I have completed the two remaining squares she needs to finish the afghan. Since our rinky dink post office is closed until Tuesday because of the holiday, I am shooting to send her 6 additional, but at the very least, she will have the two to finish what we offered up for the raffle. This isn't me tooting my own horn or anything, but rather feeling the need for us to do what we said we would, and taking the initiative to make that happen. I refuse to be one of the "oh, you can't depend on _________ because they don't do what they say they will."

To those of you who sent out your squares, a sincere thank you for sharing part of your energy and self with me. I am honored that you chose to do so and will proudly display our efforts in our home.

Christie
Woooohaaaaaaaaaa wait a minute here. I have sent all of my squares out. I have not received all of my squares. I did send mine out late; however I did keep everyone up to date. So please do put me in the group that did not send them out due to what ever reason. Mine were sent out late due to monetary reasons and because of my cancer I have my good days and my bad days; however they were all sent out.

What I found frustrating with this whole project was an odd size for the square; most clubs I do this with the squares are 10x10. I also found it extremely difficult with which colors to pick from and when I inquired I was told "There is a picture in the gallery."

So I hope what I ended up with and sent out can be used and at least one person enjoys them.

sweetcali
sweetcali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetcali For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #248
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcali View Post
Woooohaaaaaaaaaa wait a minute here. I have sent all of my squares out. I have not received all of my squares. I did send mine out late; however I did keep everyone up to date. So please do put me in the group that did not send them out due to what ever reason. Mine were sent out late due to monetary reasons and because of my cancer I have my good days and my bad days; however they were all sent out.

What I found frustrating with this whole project was an odd size for the square; most clubs I do this with the squares are 10x10. I also found it extremely difficult with which colors to pick from and when I inquired I was told "There is a picture in the gallery."

So I hope what I ended up with and sent out can be used and at least one person enjoys them.

sweetcali
Cali -

I think you misread my post. I wasn't saying that you hadn't sent out your squares - quite the opposite. The reference to you (and myself, and Cath and Ami) was merely an example of that with all we individually deal with in our lives, we managed (albeit I was late) in completing our parts of the deal.

I think if you re-read my post, you will see that. In fact, I made a post in the thread when I received yours, thanking you and saying how lovely it was.

Please don't make the bad guy in this. I don't think that there should be a bad guy in it at all. All I wanted (and still do from the two others who haven't communicated their intent or not we can expect squares) is to just tell us. Either yes we are/will or no. I don't even care for an explanation as I thought I had stated that I just want to know what to expect.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #249
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Interesting. I'll have to examine this. It feels true when I read it. In a past version of the current model of Teh Arwen, I suffered from agoraphobia.
I wondered if something more was going on... cuz I know you weren't having trouble with the crocheting itself. Thank you for not giving up, and I hope Stepson will be willing to help.

I adore you too, love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcali View Post
Woooohaaaaaaaaaa wait a minute here. I have sent all of my squares out.
Sweetheart, you misread--Christie was saying you DID send them out despite having cancer.

And the square I got from you was great! Did you ever get the one I sent you? I had to try three doggoned times to get it to mail; the post office returned it twice, aaaarrgggh.
~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't heard from Liz in a long time; has anyone talked to her lately?
Old 07-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #250
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Missed you in the multiquote! Ooops...
Quote:
Arwen -

I really took Bit's post to heart and if I was harsh in my post because its a "do not" for you, then I apologize.
You had no way to know, especially since Teh Arwen didn't realize it herself. Truly, if I hadn't JUST had to write to the psychic line and confess my struggles, have them put me on inactive status, I might not have tumbled to it either.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #251
sweetcali
BFP Angel

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Yes I have a status.

Location: I ride a cowboy in Rodeo in the communist nation of the isle of cali.
sweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I wondered if something more was going on... cuz I know you weren't having trouble with the crocheting itself. Thank you for not giving up, and I hope Stepson will be willing to help.

I adore you too, love.

Sweetheart, you misread--Christie was saying you DID send them out despite having cancer.

And the square I got from you was great! Did you ever get the one I sent you? I had to try three doggoned times to get it to mail; the post office returned it twice, aaaarrgggh.
~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't heard from Liz in a long time; has anyone talked to her lately?
The square I got was perfect and thank you.

Quote:
Cali -

I think you misread my post. I wasn't saying that you hadn't sent out your squares - quite the opposite. The reference to you (and myself, and Cath and Ami) was merely an example of that with all we individually deal with in our lives, we managed (albeit I was late) in completing our parts of the deal.

I think if you re-read my post, you will see that. In fact, I made a post in the thread when I received yours, thanking you and saying how lovely it was.

Please don't make the bad guy in this. I don't think that there should be a bad guy in it at all. All I wanted (and still do from the two others who haven't communicated their intent or not we can expect squares) is to just tell us. Either yes we are/will or no. I don't even care for an explanation as I thought I had stated that I just want to know what to expect.
Yes I did mid-read and I apologize. I think my brain auto-jumped because although I did have them done; it took me forever to get them to the post office.

sweetcali
sweetcali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetcali For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #252
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Hey Cath!

I got 5 squares in the mail to you today. Its coming priority, so should be there first part of the week.

Also, there might be something in the package for you - don't throw it away!

Christie
Old 07-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #253
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Wooohoo! Thank you, Christie!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #254
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Squares received from Christie and from Liz!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #255
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I got my square from Liz today!
thank you!!!!!

just 2 more to go!!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #256
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

I got Arwens today

it was worth the wait

and thank you for the little extra!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #257
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

One more to go

Old 07-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #258
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you Arwen and Liz for yours I think once I'm in L.A. we'll put them together (K and I) and I'll post up our creation then.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:29 AM   #259
christie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Arwen & Liz -

Both of yours were awaiting my return from TN yesterday! What a nice surprise!

Thank you both!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #260
Paphigleo

How Do You Identify?:
da Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
open to new possibilities

Paphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST Reputation

Dear friends of craftyness...

I am sending out my squares today. I MUST apologize for the lateness and non-communicativeness on my part. As many of you might know me over the past several years, my online interests ebb and flow. I am currently enthralled in my 'real life' in a myriad of ways. Excuses aside, setbacks and all.. the aquares are done and I hope they will please all. I am well and not ill. I still *heart* you all and am also looking forward to the completion of the project. I will be printing off the yahoo email address list to mail my yarny pretties. Much love, hugs, and grins.

I am the stone that the builder refused

I can't do this all on my own... I'm no Superman.

My armor, battered but strong. My sword, pitted but razor sharp. My body is bloodied but doesn't know to quit. I am battle-tested and proven, I shall live to fight another day.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...91850051_n.jpg
Paphigleo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paphigleo For This Useful Post: