Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: What color would you like the first swapghan to be? (Please vote ONLY if you are participating)
Purple (any shade of including variegated) 2 6.45%
Neutral 5 16.13%
Autumn Jewel (Gold, Rust, Red, Purple, Yellow, Brown, etc) 13 41.94%
Blue (any shade of including variegated) 9 29.03%
Rainbow Squares 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #81
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

oooooo....i love the autumn colors!! This is going to be so much fun
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #82
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post

Um, Autumn colors... http://www.color-chart.org/blog/tag/...color-palette/ This is someone's blog entry with three separate Autumn color charts, maybe it will give us a starting point?

Also the Autumn blues are turquoise, teal, and dark periwinkle, in case anyone was mystified.
http://color-chart.org/autumn-color-...lor-chart3.jpg

Can we use that for the swapghan reference colors?
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #83
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

http://twitpic.com/sqsgl link to square pic in case the one I am posting is too big.
Did you use the Red Heart yarns you posted about? Are those what the colors should be?

Quote:
http://color-chart.org/autumn-color-...lor-chart3.jpg

Can we use that for the swapghan reference colors?
Works for me honey---just no ice white, lol, it will clash terribly!

I tell you what, I will buy the same yarn you do if you will tell me what brand and colors.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #84
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I did this with an H hook. Turns out to be a total of eleven rows with RedHeart (forgot to write down which kind but it's the most common one. LOL)

The colors are not coming through. The green is MUCH more lime and the pink is much brighter.

http://twitpic.com/sqsgl link to square pic in case the one I am posting is too big.

Uh..I can tell you right now I ain't gonna be able to make anything that fancy. Is it ok if it's the same size but one solid colour, a single stitch type?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #85
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Works for me, !
Old 12-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #86
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Uh..I can tell you right now I ain't gonna be able to make anything that fancy. Is it ok if it's the same size but one solid colour, a single stitch type?
Linus -

I didnt know how to make a granny square either... until I happened upon this link: http://www.purlbee.com/granny-square-project/

After a couple of tries, it made perfect sense. It had always bothered me that I could do some of the more difficult stitches, but not the granny square.

I don't care what patterns, how simple or intricate. I think that the love that goes into each square is what will make the finished product beautiful...

Christie - who is looking forward to getting started
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #87
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

ok, I went to annies attic.com

put some yarn colors on a post it

cut it
pasted it in pages (like word)
saved it as a pdf in documents
up loaded it to acrobat
and sent it to Corkey
it worked
I am going to try to send it to Bit (your email) to see if it works again

Bit these are what I think of with autumn colors only more deep orange and golds. Let me know what you think

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #88
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thank you, Ami! I am totally in awe of your techiness, darlin, that was really cool!

They're very beautiful but more subdued than I had in mind... maybe the deeper golds and oranges would make the colors pop more? It does have purple for Arwen, lol! Can you send it to the yahoo group? Can we send attachments?
Old 12-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #89
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Thank you, Ami! I am totally in awe of your techiness, darlin, that was really cool!

They're very beautiful but more subdued than I had in mind... maybe the deeper golds and oranges would make the colors pop more? It does have purple for Arwen, lol! Can you send it to the yahoo group? Can we send attachments?
the colors washed out some, they were brighter/deeper
and I just could not seem to find the pumpkins and golds

I wanted to post it but don't know how
you are the only one I had an full email for
I had to type out entire emails for acrobat
and the yahoo group masks the end of our emails

dear that was not techiness that was a crap shot in the dark that happened to work

Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #90
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Let me see what I can do, Ami, k? LOL, twas toooo techiness!

Headed offline for now, good night!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #91
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

LOL
night Bit

Old 12-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #92
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Honey, the pattern doesn't matter. The colors and size do. Granny squares are only ONE idea. Solid squares will be FANTABULOUS! I actually think Granny Squares are like the uber simple (gee can't she do anything else) of crochet. And no, lol, I have not branched out from Granny Squares. I can't read the darn patterns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
the colors washed out some, they were brighter/deeper
and I just could not seem to find the pumpkins and golds

I wanted to post it but don't know how
you are the only one I had an full email for
I had to type out entire emails for acrobat
and the yahoo group masks the end of our emails
I really liked them. But we need to narrow them down.

FIRST, we need all y'all on the loop. If you aren't there, please get there. If you didn't get an invite or you deleted it or whatever, send an email to BFP_swapghan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Hurry up! We want to start buying yarn! lol
Old 12-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #93
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

As a note:

there are web sites that have a much larger selection of yarn colors than most stores here have.

we have 2 knitting stores here, but they are more high end specialty stores. (as in they don't sell stuff walmart would carry)
we have two national craft stores here (which is why we no longer have basic yarn stores)

so I will probably order on line!!!!!
so I really want to decide, so I can order

The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #94
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

just cause I needed one more project LOLhttp://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...6&pictureid=32

Old 12-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #95
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

We seem to be decided on the color as Autumn Jewel Tones.

If you are NOT on the Yahoogroups list, please join ASAP. We are almost settled on the exact colors.

If you did not get an invitation, please send an email to BFP_swapghan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to join that list.

KThnxBAI!

Last edited by Arwen; 12-16-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Corrected addy
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #96
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

It is almost time to buy yarn!!!!!!!!

Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #97
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

if anyone wants to know
the yarn samples
came from annies attic. com

Old 12-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #98
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

I have yarn. I am experimenting with patterns.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #99
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

We are still at last count missing two folks on the Yahoo list. If you are not getting email from the bfp_swapghan list, you are not on the list. Let me know by PM and I will send out another invitation.

We've posted pictures of the yarn. And some squares are also showing up.

I've finished one square (well I haven't truly finished it because there are threads hanging off) and started the second one. Having so much fun doing this, y'all!

Thanks to everyone who is playing/knitting/crocheting along!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #100
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

I finished one granny square (including ends) but I find myself wishing for a different pattern, so I'm experimenting with a bedspread motif, hoping the difference in fiber will up the final measurement to 12". I may or may not go back to granny squares, lol....