Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #101
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will announce a two-year pay freeze for federal employees Monday, a move White House officials say is the first of many difficult decisions that must be made to reduce the nation’s mounting deficit.

The White House said Monday that the freeze would apply to all civilian federal employees, including those working at the Department of Defense, but would not affect military personnel. The freeze is expected to result in more than $5 billion in savings over two years, according to Jeffrey Zients, a deputy director at the Office of Management and Budget.

That would make only a small dent in the $1 trillion-plus budget deficit. But with voters voicing their anger over Washington’s spending during the midterm elections, even a symbolic gesture would show the White House got the message.

Zients said that while the freeze is necessary in order to put the country on sound fiscal footing, the president recognizes the impact it will have on federal employees.

"The president is clearly asking them to make a sacrifice," he said. "We believe it is the first of many difficult steps ahead."

Obama is expected to announce the pay freeze at the White House later Monday.

The chairman of Obama’s bipartisan deficit commission has proposed a three-year freeze in pay for most federal employees as part of its plan to reduce the nation’s growing deficit. The commission’s final report is due to be released later this week.

Its only fair, if people on Social Security don't get a COLA, then fed employees shouldn't get a pay raise. They had one last year, and I didn't.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #102
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Its only fair, if people on Social Security don't get a COLA, then fed employees shouldn't get a pay raise. They had one last year, and I didn't.
I completely agree! According to this its a pay freeze ... Its gonna shake things up
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #103
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I am also collecting Social Security benefits and wonder if there is going to be a raise in 2011. Has anyone heard anything yet? A friend in Spokane, Wa said he received a letter on Sat. stating he would receive a $28 increase effective Jan. 2011.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #104
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

No COLA in 2011 for anyone on SS, SSI or SSDI. The increase your friend is getting is probably due to an error in what they were paying him to begin with.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #105
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you Corkey! I am not happy about this as are many...
Old 11-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #106
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

A clip of Sarah Palin defending her daughter, Willow's, use of the word "fagg*t" by flat out lying about someone calling "her little brother Trig" mean names on Facebook:

http://www.shewired.com/Article.cfm?...+Antigay+Slurs
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #107
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
A clip of Sarah Palin defending her daughter, Willow's, use of the word "fagg*t" by flat out lying about someone calling "her little brother Trig" mean names on Facebook:

http://www.shewired.com/Article.cfm?...+Antigay+Slurs
That woman doesn't know truth from a zit.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #108
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,851 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

If the repugs don't play idiot by voting down H.R. 5987, everyone will get a one-time check for $250, just like last year.

Perhaps we can all hope for runaway inflation and skyrocketing prices in the coming year so that there can be a hefty COLA increase in 2012.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #109
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Prices are already up and I'm still paying more for supplemental insurance, gas is up utilities are up, so maybe ssoc shouldn't be tied to inflation in the first place.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #110
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

What would you tie it to?
Old 11-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #111
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
What would you tie it to?
Health care costs. If it goes up again in 2012 I won't be able to afford to have supplemental insurance, which is required for anyone who has medicare.
My premiums have increased 130% in 3 years. My pay has not increased one damn dime. So while those of you who still have jobs are complaining about your pay, at least you can work over time and earn more, or get another job. Those who are on a fixed income cannot earn more that what the government tells us is our maximum, that being the poverty line.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #112
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

I would create a 'necessities' index. That index wouldn't have things like new or used car prices or clothing. People on a fixed income aren't buying cars every year, and certainly not new ones, and there are any number of alternatives to purchasing new clothing at retail price. The index would be comprised of only those items that impact the majority of people on a fixed income - health care, transportation (gas and public transit), utilities, and food. Pretty much everything else folks can figure out a way around or do without, but health care, food on the table, heat coming out of the furnace, and being able to get around seem like the necessary basics.

Since health care costs are critical to you, I assume that you vote a democratic ticket and are lobbying your representatives for universal health care.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #113
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
I would create a 'necessities' index. That index wouldn't have things like new or used car prices or clothing. People on a fixed income aren't buying cars every year, and certainly not new ones, and there are any number of alternatives to purchasing new clothing at retail price. The index would be comprised of only those items that impact the majority of people on a fixed income - health care, transportation (gas and public transit), utilities, and food. Pretty much everything else folks can figure out a way around or do without, but health care, food on the table, heat coming out of the furnace, and being able to get around seem like the necessary basics.

Since health care costs are critical to you, I assume that you vote a democratic ticket and are lobbying your representatives for universal health care.
You assume correctly.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #114
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
You assume correctly.
*high fives Corkey*
Old 11-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #115
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I am migrating to Canada! Seriously! It's even LEGAL to be gay here!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #116
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Organic and I talked about the way things are, the way they are going and the likelihood that we'll be able to claim refugee status and move to Canada.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #117
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Di and I have been talking about it for awhile now, too. It just kinda makes sense.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #118
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

The problem is that if all of the reasonable people head north, the nut jobs who are left behind will have control of all the nuclear weapons.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #119
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Well, if they let me have control of the nukes, then I'll stay. I think that's a fair trade.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #120
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://teapartynationalism.com/index...ion&Itemid=104

In case there was any doubt