The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Question of the Day

I thought this might be an interesting way to learn about each other, have some fun, laughs and deep thoughts when necessary. Every morning (when I'm not flying up in the air somewhere), I'll post a Question of the Day. If it interests you, catches your fancy or starts a diatribe, voice it. There are no right or wrong answers; just answers.

So today's question is:

What would a world be like where we all are welcome?

This question was posed during this year's Trans Day of Remembrance in Sacramento.

There is a follow-up question for those interested in espousing more: What are you doing to create the world you are imagining?

My answer to question 1: It would be a world of less anxiety and more hope. A feeling of calm for all regardless of religion, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, abilities, size, etc. It would be a world where being one's self is natural and not challenged.

My answer to question 2: Well, I'll admit to focusing on my own personal life and work too much at times but being myself is right now the main thing that I do. It may be small and self-centered but by being myself and not letting others dictate who I am goes a long way to creating that world that I envision if we were all welcomed.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default I love this thread!

Question one: I agree with everything Linus said. I would also add wars through out the world would not be waged at the drop of a hat.I think the concept of Money would hopefully render itself less important in society. I think it would be the step needed in this world to help create a shift in world consciouness. One step closer to world peace.

Question two: I have become committed/diligent in challenging people with outspoken ignorant views. I have started involving myself with Slow Money, Slow Food, Nurture Capitalism concepts and principles. If a person asks me for change/money/food, I just give it. A good deed and releasing the positive vibe/choice into the world is gonna help somehow/someway. Always coming from a place of love and forgiveness.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
i would really just like to add "species" to linus' comments, for the part one. thank you for a great thread

respecting all, and respectful treatment towards all creatures living/breathing. i'm thinking about wendell berry, who spoke on Farm Alliance.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/arti...icle_18076.cfm

i try to bring awareness to places and people if there is an opportunity to do so, and especially if the plan will be received well, [with regard to animal welfare]. i do not want to lose people, so being ever mindful of my own beliefs, committee ethics, and keeping the goal in clear sight- what i/we do is for animals.

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I agree with what everyone has posted so far. It is all about peace of mind, heart, and soul. I try to live by the Golden Rule, and to love my neighbor as myself. However, some folks make it very difficult to love and care for them. So, that is on them. I believe in that you reap what you sow.

I now have more time to volunteer. I also do more with skin cancer research at NIH. I have always donated food, clothing, and other items people need at Church. I also send in items to Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and the satellight half way houses where soldiers stay to adjust to life back here. My adopted sister got me interested in doing that. I also send out prayer cards that I buy to those who need support. It is my way of saying that you are important, and valuable. We all need you here, don't give up.

When TJ Rogers was first diagnosed with colon cancer, her mother called and wrote me. We talked and talked. I sent both her parents the rosaries I used when JoAnn was dying. I told them that the gift of prayer is something I hold very sacred. I wanted to pass it on to them to comfort them, and give them some peace. It is something that I still treasure doing for them. I know the pain in loosing a loved sibling, but not a child. Her father told me that that was the one thing that both he and his wife will always remember because it was something that was done from the heart. Mr. Rogers said it was a gift of love. I said no, TJ was the gift of love. She is the one who touched so many of us here.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Ok. As December starts, I figured it may be worthwhile to ask what your favourite holiday movie or movie that brings holiday memories to you. For me there are two: A Christmas Story ("you'll poke your eye out!") and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (reminds me of me wanting to have the perfect holiday but sans high electrical bill).

So...

What's your favourite holiday movie or movie that reminds you of the holidays?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I really love Little Drummer Boy, the 1968 version in claymation. I love claymation.
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

"It's A Wonderful Life"...........I cry every time.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
I really love Little Drummer Boy, the 1968 version in claymation. I love claymation.
A Christmas Story!
Softly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #9
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Holiday Inn
Old 12-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #10
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

A christmas story or a christmas carol

christmas story suits me better

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid" hahhaa
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss to you... for hym...
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

The Muppets Family Christmas or The Muppest Christmas Carol

Smiles
hottprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Christmas Vacation!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #13
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Christmas Vacation!
thats another good movie
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #14
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

home for the holidays
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #15
Eddie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't matter
Relationship Status:
Meh

Location: Why is it hot in here and what am I doing in this hand basket
Eddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST Reputation

Nightmare Before Christmas (dual holiday movie)
Elf
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
The Santa Clause
The Grinch That Stole Christmas
Bad Santa
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #16
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #17
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas
The Muppets Christmas Carol
Its A Wonderful Life
Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #18
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Nightmare Before Christmas (dual holiday movie)
Elf
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
The Santa Clause
The Grinch That Stole Christmas
Bad Santa
Ahhhh I love Nightmare before Christmas... I should be careful lest my quirky dark soul shows ...
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #19
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Oh shoot! I left Nightmare Before Christmas off my list! Dang it, I knew I was forgetting something

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #20
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:

Emmett Otters Jug band Christmas Special...it used to be on HBO every year when I was a kid.