Up In the Air 1 1.85%
An Education 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2010, 04:05 AM   #1
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Oscars: Cast Your Vote

82nd Annual Academy Awards, March 7th, 2010

Nominees

Best Picture: Avatar, The Blind Side, District 9, An Education, The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, Precious, A Serious Man, Up, Up in the Air

Actor in a Leading Role: Jeff Bridges, George Clooney, Colin Firth, Morgan Freeman, Jeremy Renner

Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock, Helen Mirren, Carey Mulligan, Gabourey Sidibe, Meryl Streep

Directing: Avatar, The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, Up in the Air, Precious

Links

The official site:
www.oscar.com

Full nominee list:
oscar.go.com/nominations/nominees

Official site of the Academy:
www.oscars.org
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 AM   #2
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Meanwhile,

Hurt Locker producer banned from Awards ceremony.

http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/news/...from-oscars-ap
Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Feel free to share your take on any of the nominees, movies, red carpet etc.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile The Oscars - My Guess

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker

Actor in a Leading Role: Jeff Bridges

Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock

Directing: The Hurt Locker
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jeff Bridges is one of the best actors NEVER to win an Oscar.
I hope he pulls through for Crazy Heart.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmdKte_dlj0"]YouTube- CRAZY HEART - Behind the Scenes Featurette[/ame]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 06:54 AM   #6
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Sandra Bullock. My vote for Best Actress, hands down.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bzjOZrQnU0"]YouTube- The Blind Side "Inspirational" Featurette[/ame]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Jet,

I agree with you about Jeff B. I still have no clue as to why he never won. He is so gifted and talented.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I really enjoyed Inglorious Basterds.

I have not seen many of the other films, which shocks me....by this time I usually have.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i have only seen District 9, The Hurt Locker, Inglorious Basterds, and Precious.

i would vote for The Hurt Locker. i was actually bored by District 9. i liked the other two, but not as much as The Hurt Locker. It gave me a view inside a world i did not know about, one we all need to know about. So well done.

i have not seen the movies that Jeff Bridges or Sandra Bullock are in, but i like them both a lot. They have certainly paid their dues as well -- given a lot of good performances over the years. i hope they get it.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #10
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I love the night of the Oscars.

What people wear, how the set is designed, the musical numbers, just the whole thing.

I wish we could all watch them together.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Avatar, The Blind Side, were both excellent movies. I saw Avatar twice and both of these I will get when they come out on DVD. I am wanting to see the Jeff Bridges movie as I just saw it on a trailer last night.
I would also like to see the Hurt Locker.
Its a hard choice between Avatar and Blindside to me.
TIMBER
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #12
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

a single man and precious

we both hated avatar --the special effects were special, but the movie was crap.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #13
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

so many haven't even heard of this film...

link: http://oscar.go.com/nominations/nomi...lin-firth/2805
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

bump......
Old 03-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #15
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Chuckling...I saw the name of the thread and thought we were going to talk about hotdogs. LOL Oscar Myer ya know.

I don't be still and quiet long enough to watch movies and I've never heard of any of these movies except Blind Side and Avatar. I'd probably eventually watch Blind Side but not avatar. See I can't wait for the rest home in my old age I will be able to watch movies all day long for the rest of my life and they'll all be new releases.

Maybe one day I'll find a wonderful wife who can calm me down enough to watch movies before I reach retirement age

Sorry for the derail Jet!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #16
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Chuckling...I saw the name of the thread and thought we were going to talk about hotdogs. LOL Oscar Myer ya know.

I don't be still and quiet long enough to watch movies and I've never heard of any of these movies except Blind Side and Avatar. I'd probably eventually watch Blind Side but not avatar. See I can't wait for the rest home in my old age I will be able to watch movies all day long for the rest of my life and they'll all be new releases.

Maybe one day I'll find a wonderful wife who can calm me down enough to watch movies before I reach retirement age

Sorry for the derail Jet!
ha!........
Old 03-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #17
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Poll Fix

I've requested a Poll Fix for 10 Best Picture Nominees, not 7. (Don't ask)
We'll see of Linus works his magic shortly.

The Best Picture category should read as follows

The Blind Side

District 9

An Education

The Hurt Locker

Inglourious Basterds

Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire

A Serious Man

Up

Up in the Air

feel free to share your voice on these until we can get the poll fixed.

Thanks and sorry for the shoddy cut and paste job
Old 03-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #18
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I have to confess i have not seen Avatar. I probably will never see Avatar, but if I do, it will only be because of Sigourney Weaver. I don't even know how large her role is in that movie. I'm just not a fan of the genre and all that shit flying around. My 02.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #19
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Behind the scenes look at Avatar

This is interesting:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2_vB7zx_SQ"]YouTube- Avatar Exclusive -Behind The Scenes (The Art of Performance Capture)[/ame]
Old 03-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #20
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default Inglourious Basterds

Nominated for 8 Oscars

Brief
In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as
"The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis.

Interview with Diane Kruger, (Bridget von Hammersmark)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEod4dSkMIY"]YouTube- Inglorious Bastards (2009)- Diane Kruger Interview[/ame]