Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Place to Say Goodbye

Today, with conflicted emotions we say goodbye to a dedicated and ornery friend Internet Explorer 6 or as some closer to her would say IE6.

You were always there my friend. Even when I wanted to be in the background or just go away...you said no! You took sticking around to another level.

I discovered many things through you about my computer. And because of you I had to address many things.

Thank you for passing the baton. Take your rest now IE6. You've earned it. And we REALLY want you to GO...I mean rest from all the trouble you caused...I mean from all troubles you endured.

Join me in wishing a safe journey to an old friend...

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

This thread is a place to mourn, vent seek comfort as you deal with the loss of a special article of clothing, jewelry, writing utensil, etc. Here you will find the support that you need to cope to the loss of that item you held most dear but had to find the strength to let it go.

Kleenex and other items are on the table.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

*slowly walking to the lectern, repositioning the mike and trying to be strong. that is what they would want me to do*

I will not read from my prepared notes but rather speak from the heart.

Today I stand before you to share the loss of my beloved brown etcher slip on shoes. They were the first I pair I ever shared a life with. We walked together. We shared many laughs together. One time we were walking and the right one got stuck in the mud. It wasn't funny at the moment but we laughed later. We took a many a trip together. How grateful I was for them when shoe search policy was instituted. I am sorry my faithful companions that I snatched you from your eternal rest the first time. I just could not let you go. But I know that was and is selfish of me. I know that you have sacrificed for me and if I truly value you, I will let you go.

I think it will be a while before I can move on to another pair. It was just last night after all that I finally said goodbye.

Let's pause for a moment of silence....
Thank you

This is indeed a sad day. I know that you are in a better place, resting from all your labor. You worked hard in this life, carrying all my weight and issues. I really will you. And you will forever be in my heart.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I should put you on a time-out for making me think you were leaving the site :P
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I should put you on a time-out for making me think you were leaving the site :P
But Medusa! This is a tragic moment and the site is supposed to be a place to get support! That would be the wrong response!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Today we gather to mourn the loss of Gent...

Oh. Good. Crisis Averted!

I still mourn the loss of a vintage club chair I found on the curb in Kansas City in the late 80's. When I got the hell out of there, it wouldn't fit on the truck.

It was gold brocade with a shell back.

I can only hope some nice Gay has it now.
Know that we are here for you. Some that time heals all wounds. But alas, some hurts never quite go away. Be strong. We will trust that the chair has found a good home.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Oh. My. Gawd.

Here is where I must mourn the loss of a bag of clothes that were meant for the dry cleaner, but were either stolen out of my car when they also stole the iPod or that I accidentally threw in the trash.

2 favorite dresses I wore at the Dallas BF Event
2 favorite embroidered linen skirts
1 favorite kimono robe

And I am sure other items that I cannot remember at the moment.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #8
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Goodbye Fern

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post
Oh. My. Gawd.

Here is where I must mourn the loss of a bag of clothes that were meant for the dry cleaner, but were either stolen out of my car when they also stole the iPod or that I accidentally threw in the trash.

1 favorite kimono robe

I have to say it...THAT POST made me laugh out loud...HOW..? Trash?

goodby..parting is such sweet sorrow. I buried Fern today. She had grown frail and brittle, as ferns can do, so she became ...earth to earth.. fern to mulch.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:27 AM   #9
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I have to say it...THAT POST made me laugh out loud...HOW..? Trash?

goodby..parting is such sweet sorrow. I buried Fern today. She had grown frail and brittle, as ferns can do, so she became ...earth to earth.. fern to mulch.
Well I was cleaning out the back of the car and I had a few garbage bags (you know the brown kind) full of stuff. 1 had dry cleaning, 1 had recycling, 1 had trash, 1 was headed to Goodwill... and I think when I was tossing them, I *might* have tossed the dry cleaning one by accident.

Or when the person broken into my car, they rummaged around and took the bag full of clothes.

I was SO upset when I realized they were gone. I nearly cried.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Well I was cleaning out the back of the car and I had a few garbage bags (you know the brown kind) full of stuff. 1 had dry cleaning, 1 had recycling, 1 had trash, 1 was headed to Goodwill... and I think when I was tossing them, I *might* have tossed the dry cleaning one by accident.

Or when the person broken into my car, they rummaged around and took the bag full of clothes.

I was SO upset when I realized they were gone. I nearly cried.
Yes..I have done the same. Recycling gets a special container now.

Too bad the person that broke into the car didn't get stuck in the trash ? Watch for a well dressed thief wearing your clothes.....
Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #11
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oh. My. Gawd.

1 favorite kimono robe

*sniff sniff*
Maybe your bag of favorite clothes ran off with my little bag of MP3 Charger and favorite music CD?
.........."I searched the world over, thought I'd found true wuv, then.. POOF ..you were gone!"
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #12
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I'd like to mourn the death of all the old mail R has carried around in totes for many years before I even met her. They went to that big shredder in the sky.

Oh who am I kidding I was silently jumping for joy as I watched the painful event. Thinking how much more space I'll have in the garage when it's all done.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #13
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I nearly cried with Sassy. I wanted to borrow one of those damn dresses.

:cry:
meee tooo
ROTFLMAO
Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #14
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Quote:
I nearly cried with Sassy. I wanted to borrow one of those damn dresses.

:cry:

I've avoided anything to do with "dry cleaning" since then

*traumatized*
Old 03-05-2010, 12:41 AM   #15
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
meee tooo
ROTFLMAO

I can see it now
Tommi in a Sassy dress

or

did you just mean you'd cry with them

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #16
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I can see it now
Tommi in a Sassy dress

or

did you just mean you'd cry with them
Thay thilly ...