Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation
Default Frankenstorm Sandy

Are you in its currently expected path?

What if anything are you doing to prep?

How worried are you?

Current models have it making U.S. landfall very close to me, either late Monday or early Tuesday - just earlier this evening it was predicted on the same path 6hours earlier so so much can obviously change.

My main worry is that I'll be stuck at home in an extended power outage with my ex, step-d, her bf, a baby, and two scared/bored kids. I'm selfishly praying that I can continue with my original plan to leave home for my Tues-Thurs conference in DC on Monday afternoon, and deal with the storm from there.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

I don't live in it's path but I'm driving right to it with my next load. Will be delivering in PA on Monday. So a lil nervous about it.

Luckily my company gives a shit about it's employees and they stress to us on a daily basis that if we don't feel safe driving in it, park it. Load can't get there if driver can't.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Depends on where you are in PA how bad it will be, cold yep but you may not have snow if you deliver say north of Pittsburg. Says the guy who's wife just pointed all this out.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

I have no idea what part of PA. I know it's a placed called Mehooonay? I think is how it's spelled.

I have never driven in snow or on ice before so that's the only thing I'm truly worried about. Lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

mehoopany pa

Googling now.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://www.pennsylvania.com/maps.html

Here ya' go yep you're gonna be in it.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
mehoopany pa

Googling now.

That's it! Lol. It sounds familiar so I think I went through it or near it back when I worked for first company but that's been a while.

Sorry for derailing your thread Dance!

Not sure how I'd prepare for this one but I live on the coast and we always prepare by keeping water on hand and sometimes mre (nasty stuff but works). I'd probably keep lots of firewood on hand if I were up north in case power goes out.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,703 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Be aware of this storm's progress...Eastern Seaboard...New England

Weather Forecasters are calling this a "perfect storm"....like the one in 1991, the movie was based on, by same name. That storm caused millions in damages. This one is predicted to cause BILLIONS.
There is a Front coming in from Midwest, an Arctic Front coming in, and this Carribbean front...all expected to collide Sunday night/Monday am.
It has a 200 mile radius, and is predicted to coast along in the Atlantic BUT with this radius, the "trifecta" colliding at once, will create a mess. Torrential rains for East Coast, flooding, and snowfall for New England.
This storm bears watching by all of us along Eastern Seaboard from Fla. all the way up to New England...stay safe...all of us!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDyke View Post
I have no idea what part of PA. I know it's a placed called Mehooonay? I think is how it's spelled.

I have never driven in snow or on ice before so that's the only thing I'm truly worried about. Lol.
Well ur.going to be right close to it. Get there early if u can. It right off 81. Notany places to park so call ur receiver and ask if u will be able to park there overnite some places won't let u. If u need help finding a.place.to park let me know I can tell u where truck stops r in pa .
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #10
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Ya'll just come to AZ where you'll be landlocked, hot and sweaty, and the worst that can happen when a storm hits is you might get some sand stuck in yer butt-crack.

Seriously though, please be safe and take good care.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
femmeandstrong

How Do You Identify?:
just me...imperfect but warm-hearted me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am alright and still smiling - keeping my eyes on what lasts and matters

Thanked 1,040 Times in 279 Posts
femmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputation

i bought a hairdryer , photo frames and some yummie gummies ... lol

and took some great pix outside of Mr Blustery... lol

and yea, light flickers now and then and leaves blowing all over... moderate rain...
but so far not all that bad...
rather nice to sit inside , have tea and ( I have to ) read through the book THE HOBBIT before it comes into the theaters...

stay safe u all

Last edited by femmeandstrong; 10-29-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: more to add
femmeandstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmeandstrong For This Useful Post: