Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #601
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge-Smile View Post
Hollylane,
This sounds delicious, but I had to look up "Ginger People". I was a little taken aback at first, lol!

That reminded me of this bit of BBC silliness...I had never heard of red hair being called "Ginger", before this ridiculous skit...

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #602
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

So, I was not feeling so hot, and wanted to make a super easy & quick big casserole, to last me the week. There just wasn't much in my fridge or cupboards. I stood there staring for a moment, and then this happened (I'm not claiming this will be good for you, but it sure tastes friggin' good):

Chik'n & Green Bean Casserole

2 Cans cut green beans
1 Can Mushroom soup
1/2 soup can of milk
1/2 can (apprx) of fried onions
1/2 package of Chik'n cutlets cubed/cooked in skillet with olive oil/salt & pepper (I used a sharp knife on frozen cutlets, next time I'll cook them first and then use the kitchen shears)
Pepper
Handful of Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup (apprx) Seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbs Olive oil

Preheat oven to 350, or toaster oven to 400.

In large mixing bowl, combine green beans, soup, milk, pepper to taste, Chik'n, and fried onions. Pour mixture into casserole dish. Bake, uncovered for about 45 minutes.

While casserole is baking, combine about 2 tbs of olive oil with about 1/2
cup of fine bread crumbs.

After 45 minutes (or when center of casserole is bubbling), remove casserole from oven, and sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over the top, then do the same with bread crumbs.

Set oven/toaster oven to broil, and broil until top is golden brown. Let stand for about 20 minutes, and serve.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

It is pretty much like green bean casserole with Chik'n, cheddar, and breadcrumbs added.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #603
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm not sure if I should post in here, I am still an omnivore of sorts. I would say that 90% of the time I would be a lacto/ovo/pesco, and not much of that. (Does that even count?)

Today I set about batch cooking and discovered that everything I made would qualify as vegetarian, even vegan, by choice. It's just what sounded good and I didn't even try to avoid animal products.

I made 10 servings each of:

Many vegetable and barley soup, more like stew
Lentil soup
Quinoa and Black Beans
Black Bean and tri-color pepper vinaigrette salad
Also made a weeks worth of oatmeal in advance

This way just by tossing together a few quick salads and replenishing fruit a couple of times, I shouldn't have to cook for a couple of weeks. It helps that I don't mind repeat meals.
I also rounded out the fridge and pantry for other stand alone items.

And just because I am feeling decadent and experimental;
Coconut rice for dessert, subbing quinoa for the rice and will top with berries

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #604
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Please do post in here! If the recipe is veg you are more than welcome

And I know you have great recipes and ideas so please don't be a stranger here!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #605
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Could you please post the recipes for everything you listed and how you make it when you have a chance. All of it sounds so delicious.

I love quinoa. BB and I find it to be a real comfort food, the healthy man's [sic] mac and cheese

I also don't mind repeat meals, not one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post

I made 10 servings each of:

Many vegetable and barley soup, more like stew
Lentil soup
Quinoa and Black Beans
Black Bean and tri-color pepper vinaigrette salad
Also made a weeks worth of oatmeal in advance

This way just by tossing together a few quick salads and replenishing fruit a couple of times, I shouldn't have to cook for a couple of weeks. It helps that I don't mind repeat meals.
I also rounded out the fridge and pantry for other stand alone items.

And just because I am feeling decadent and experimental;
Coconut rice for dessert, subbing quinoa for the rice and will top with berries

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #606
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Also how do you store it? Freezer? What kind of container do you use?

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #607
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Could you please post the recipes for everything you listed and how you make it when you have a chance. All of it sounds so delicious.

I love quinoa. BB and I find it to be a real comfort food, the healthy man's [sic] mac and cheese

I also don't mind repeat meals, not one bit.
Okay, well, some of this is pretty easy because I cheat.

I get most of my ideas from a web site I've been using a couple of years now. All Recipies.

The reason I use it is because I don't have to know what I am looking for, for instance if I see swiss chard and want to make something I just look up that item and scroll until I see something that sounds good. Once I am there I scan the recipe to make sure I still like the idea and go to the bottom of the page where the nutritional info is. Clicking the 'more info' button turns it into a nutrition label so that it is familiar looking.

What I like in part is that it works a bit like Amazon, lots of reviews to give me ideas of common mods. Example; the lentil soup that I made was not specific as to what kind of vinegar was used, so I looked at a few of the comments and found folks liked balsamic. Also, I saw that it was also popular to add cumin, I do both and like it a lot. It is a staple in my fridge.

I also got the recipe for the quinoa and black beans there. I like to put a big scoop of pico de gallo on it when I eat it, also some more of the chopped cilantro since there is always more of that than I use in it.

I just got turned onto oatmeal a short time ago, I have hated it for fifty years. This is a bit lame, but I never knew that there was something different about steel cut other than the price until now. I looked at various places to figure out how to batch make it, this was sparked by a post on another thread by the way. I don't have a lot of patience in the morning for cooking, more of a heat and go sort. What I do is mix 1C of the oats and 3 (instead of 4) cups water and boil for 1 minute. The time varies by how long it takes me to figure out that I forgot it.

At that point just put it in the fridge and take out what you want in the morning, heat and eat. I pour it into a square container and cut it into squares when cold the next morning. It sets up pretty stiff, but softens up when heated.

Naturally, I do stuff to it when I make it for myself. When cooking it I put in a couple of tsps of cinnamon, a capful or two of vanilla, pinch-o-salt, and raisins or other dried fruit. When I eat it I hit it up with a little agave nectar and chopped walnuts. I like to put almond milk on it too. This is supposed to be 4 servings, but for me it is 6, probably all the stuff I put in it. I eat the stuff every day now.

I'll tackle the others in part 2 when I have a bit more time.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #608
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I know some folks have trouble with raw bell peppers or raw onions, ya been warned!

The Black Bean and Tri-colored Peppers is one out of a book that I eat constantly in warm weather as it is refrigerated and quick to just scoop out a bowl or take to go.
I use all organics for this.

1 each red, orange, and yellow bell peppers; large cut into 1cm chunks
1 med red onion chopped
1-2 cloves garlic minced
2 cans black beans rinsed and drained
1C frozen corn (I use fire roasted)
Italian parsley chopped coarse, maybe 2/3C? A handful
Red wine vinaigrette, I invert the normal ratio and use 2:1 vinegar to oil instead of 1:2, whatever you like best
So, 1/2C red wine vinegar + 1/4C olive oil
Kosher salt to taste

(I have also used raspberry vinegar in place of red wine, and also you can sub cilantro for the italian parsley)

Let it sit overnight in the fridge for flavors to blend, I store it upside down so that I don't have to do the big stir before serving.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #609
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Further fuel for not eating flesh...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #610
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Post cleaned out the fridge

basic vegetable stock
makes approx 4 cups
Feel free to use this as a base recipe. You can easily add other vegetables or herbs. Especially anything that needs using up in the fridge. Starchy things, like potatoes, can make your stock go cloudy. Strongly flavoured veg, like cabbage and broccoli, can overpower your stock but this might be a good thing if you’re after a cabbage or broccoli stock for a change.
Herbs are also a great addition, especially things like thyme, bay leaves and parsley. I didn’t have any on hand which is why they weren’t included here.
2 onions, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 handfuls button mushrooms, sliced
1t black pepper corns
5 cups water
Heat a few tablespoons olive oil over a medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, covered stirring occasionally until veg are soft and starting to brown a little.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook gently for about an hour or until the stock tastes rich and full. Strain stock and discard vegetable solids.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #611
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I went to the health food store and splurged on a yummy, raw vegan comfort food favorite of mine:

http://www.sunfood.com/the-squeeze-f...ganic-raw.html

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #612
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Subscribing

Adding to my subscriptions...

Old 03-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #613
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Today I went to the health food store and splurged on a yummy, raw vegan comfort food favorite of mine:

http://www.sunfood.com/the-squeeze-f...ganic-raw.html
This looks fascinating! I must order some and find out about their taste and texture! Thank you for sharing! If they taste like I think they might, I bet they would be good on top of a veggie burger, sitting on top of garlic potato & cauliflower pancakes, with some mushroom gravy poured over the top...

I'm suddenly very hungry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #614
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Ohhhh, good ideas! They have some heat to them too, which I like. Also, they come with a lot of extra powder in the container which can be saved and used as a tasty seasoning for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

This looks fascinating! I must order some and find out about their taste and texture! Thank you for sharing! If they taste like I think they might, I bet they would be good on top of a veggie burger, sitting on top of garlic potato & cauliflower pancakes, with some mushroom gravy poured over the top...

I'm suddenly very hungry.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #615
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I made an experimental recipe that came out good!

I started with stir-frying:
reduced sodium soy sauce, green swiss chard leaves, cilantro, garlic, ginger, onions, red chili pepper flakes, and kimchi.

Then I made Hungry Girl brand tofu shiritaku "macaroni" and then added it to the stir-fry, along with lime juice, and hot sauce. I left it on for another minute while I mixed it and then took it off the heat.

It was hotter than hell but perfectly so, and I will definitely make it again. Delish!

How do I... ?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #616
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Tonight I made a Jewish recipe (or a spin on one) commonly served for Passover (the Jewish Easter ). I had a wholewheat matza (unleavened bread, like a large square cracker) with a mix of apples, horseradish, chopped walnuts, and redwine/balsamic vinegar (called charoset, pictured -not mine- below). Normally red wine and honey would be added but I skipped those because I didn't have them around . It was good.

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #617
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vegan

Im new to this but will post some recipes later. Ive been reading vegetarian times some good recipes.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #618
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I made an experimental recipe that came out good!

I started with stir-frying:
reduced sodium soy sauce, green swiss chard leaves, cilantro, garlic, ginger, onions, red chili pepper flakes, and kimchi.

Then I made Hungry Girl brand tofu shiritaku "macaroni" and then added it to the stir-fry, along with lime juice, and hot sauce. I left it on for another minute while I mixed it and then took it off the heat.

It was hotter than hell but perfectly so, and I will definitely make it again. Delish!
This sounds great! What kind of hot sauce do you use for this sort of dish?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #619
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

New twist on a standard snack.

I ran into a friend today who, every time she sees me, feeds me something. Today she was walking around with a bag of bananas she had just finished drying.

Not like chips though, these she just cut in half and then half again lengthwise, and put them in the dryer overnight. They were terrific! Not crunchy at all if that is what you are looking for, more chewy and incredibly sweet, like a candy type treat. I have a huge sweet tooth and these were just right. They were soft but not sticky to handle, maybe 1/2-2/3 dry and held their shape.

I will add my own thing that I like to do to dry fruit and load it up with cinnamon. Yes, there are 14 bananas on my counter now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #620
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

This is going to sound funny but it's true: Patti La Belle Very Spicy Super Woman Hot Sauce (low sodium, agave sweetened)

http://www.pattilabelle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
This sounds great! What kind of hot sauce do you use for this sort of dish?

How do I... ?