Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
femm_cb

How Do You Identify?:
Bitch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BITCH

femm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Wedding Dress

Ok - SO I have searched high and low thru out this forum for wedding dresses. I can't believe one has not been started (by chance if there is one, please point me to that thread)...So here goes...

Most girls dream of their wedding and dream of the dress they will wear on that special day. Some girls want to keep their gown for the rest of their days. Perhaps to pass down to their own littel girls. Others choose to sell, trade or trash it.

What made your dress so special? What did you do with your dress afterwards?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
femm_cb

How Do You Identify?:
Bitch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BITCH

femm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputation

Our wedding was on the beach so it didn't have a train at all. It was more of a strapless "Cleopatra" type dress. Very flowing and a nice slit to the mid thigh. Perfect for the beach theme. Afterwards, it went into a grament bag and hangs on the back of my closet door. When we renew our vows on the beach in front of our family and friends, I will jump in the ocean with my dress on. (FYI - We eloped the first time with no one in attendance)
Old 05-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,245 Times in 1,415 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I don't remember caring about my wedding or my dress as a young girl, but from 1981 on, I was set on wearing Princess Diana's dress. Whoever I would marry didn't matter, as long as I could wear that dress!

What I failed to see, and what no one told me, was that Princess Diana was a tall, slim, and young woman on her wedding day. She could carry off that confection of a dress. By the time I got married, I was none of those things. I looked not unlike a huge pile of whipped cream. Let's just say I was way past the age where a woman might wear a huge veil, traditionally a symbol of virginity. (Getting married at all and for my reasons was probably not a good idea, but that's another story).

I donated the dress and the veil eventually got cut up for one of my daughter's art projects.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
femm_cb

How Do You Identify?:
Bitch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BITCH

Default Lady Di

I was so impressed with her while she was alive. I didn't care much for her dress but she always had my attention when she made news.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
sofimichi

How Do You Identify?:
Femmeinist
Preferred Pronoun?:
femenine ones, "hey you," etc.
Relationship Status:
Engaged!

sofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputation

In my country you wear your mother's wedding dress. Because my mom is not living near me, and I don't think she kept the dress, my fiance's boss offered her dress to me. I think I will do it, but IDK.
She is 2 sizes bigger than me, and she got married in the 80's.
sofimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I was 18 when I got married to my (bio) husband.

I have zero idea what happened to my wedding dress. I do have pictures and it was of the era-a simple, full-length A-line gown.

I do know exactly what I did with my engagement ring:

I pawned it for the money when my ex-husband stopped paying child support.

It was a fly-speck of a diamond and I got all of $150 bucks.

My oldest daughter was so happy that she found a new wedding gown on a 50% off sale for her wedding at David's bridal shop-11 years ago now.

My youngest daughter bought an expensive designer gown.

They always were on opposite ends of the spectrum.

For my second and final wedding....

...I don't know yet what I will be wearing and no, she has not asked me yet .

Why don't we have a bride smilie?

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:

Tags
attire, clothes, wedding dress