Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #101
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
http://www.ecblendflavors.com/all-na...rganic-100-vg/

Well I sure hope not. I am really trying to just use the VG base! Have you heard otherwise?

Oh and Loren_Q recommends the extra flavoring with the all VG flavors. And I will do that as they are pretty darn mild.

Thanks Strappie!
As I read further... I seen that you can Choose if you want Propylene Glyocol (PG) or Vegetable Glycerin (VG).

I first read it as... they use Propylene Glyocol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG). for their product.

I stand corrected... Thank you!!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #102
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Perhaps I read it wrong.. I'll go back and check.. My bottle has both listed Propylene Glyocol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG). So I'm guessing your would to? Maybe I just assumed?... I'll go look.
It is a specific type of juice you need to order. Not all the flavors are 100% VG.

Happy to help out!
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #103
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
It is a specific type of juice you need to order. Not all the flavors are 100% VG.

Happy to help out!
Yep... Of Course right when I seen on that page that it listed both.. I thought it was exactly like mine... once you wrote that you only use VG.. I went back and looked at the site again... Sorry about that Spritzer!! Thank you for the site!!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #104
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yep... Of Course right when I seen on that page that it listed both.. I thought it was exactly like mine... once you wrote that you only use VG.. I went back and looked at the site again... Sorry about that Spritzer!! Thank you for the site!!
You are very welcome Strappie! I am grateful to the help and hints you've offered so far on the thread. I hope you find a juice that doesn't dry mouth you to high heaven and tastes yummy.

I did not know my water intake would need to be adjusted. I am going to up it asap. No need to get dehydrated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #105
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation
Default vapor dries out...

Who would have thought, but it is true that vapor will dry out your mouth.

I definitely drink more water and tea now, but I don't see that as an issue.

100%VG is lot thicker than a PG/VG blend. I've read where some folks add distilled water to thin it out.

Oh, another thing about 100% VG, ECBlends and Heather's Heavenly Vapes (and probably others) have preprinted labels that might have PG listed in the ingredients, even though there's no PG in your bottle.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #106
wolfsgirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Firmly attached...

wolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Forgive me if anyone posted about this already. I haven't read all pages here.

I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with "Dry Mouth?" I have been vaping for about a yr and half and I have major problems with dry mouth. I've researched it and only find that if people get this, it only lasts about 2 weeks. For me, it's so bad that I can not create any saliva to the point I have a lisp. I have spoke to my local store and they have only heard of this from one other person. For her she knew she was alergic to the propylene glycol and takes that chance for cigarette free life. I haven't spoken to my Doctor yet, that's coming. I also know it's used in toothpaste which would explain why (I think) my mouth is dry after I brush.

I also know when Vaping you are to drink a lot of water! This hasn't helped me with the "Dry Mouth" it has almost made it worse.

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone else has had this issue? It sucks because I went for 4 months without smoking (one wknd I had 4 cigs) but couldn't take the dry mouth any longer.

Does anyone use Liquids with out the Propylene glycol in their liquids. If so where do you get them and can you shoot me the site you get them from.
You could have a PG allergy. Try a vg only liquid. There are many people with the same or worse PG allergies. Deejstuff has VG only liquid. He's the only mixologist I use now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #107
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Day 5 without smoking! YAY!

Following Medusa's post, I started browsing Heathers Heavenly Vapes.

Here's what is on the way:

1 ea. E-Liquid 3ml Sample 4 Pack-$10.00

Flavor #1 - Blueberry Muffin
Flavor #2 - Cinful Pear
Flavor #3 - Just Peachy
Flavor #4 - P Nut Butter Cookie

1 ea. Cin City $6.00: This is a spot on, right out of the oven cinnamon bun vape.

Nicotine Level - 18mg
Bottle Size - 6ml
PG/VG Ratio - 70/30

1 ea. Powder Keg $6.00: A powder keg of flavor combining dark chocolate, fresh coconut and roasted almonds.

Nicotine Level - 18mg
Bottle Size - 6ml
PG/VG Ratio - 70/30

I'll post what I think of the flavors after they arrive. I hope they come soon, I'm soooooo excited to try new ones!

I love the battery life on this thing, on a full charge, I have been using it constantly for 2 days now.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #108
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

It's a real deal!

It's called "vape mouth"!

I got it after about my second week because I started "mouth vaping" more and inhaling less (not that you can't get it from inhaling because you certainly can but mouth vaping seems to be a huge culprit.)

I am not allergic to the pg but it is an alcohol-based substance if I remember correctly so you will have drying agent in your mouth and even in small amounts can strip your tongue and mouth of the slick stuff.

* The higher the PG content, the more likely you'll get vape mouth.

* If you vape 100% VG, you have to be really careful about your clearomizers because that juice is a LOT thicker and will burn a clearomizer up quickly.

* Most places (except for super boutique stores) will let you pick what blend you want. There are some stores who sell their juices pre-mixed with what they consider to be the optimum blend for flavor.

* I always vape a 70/30 blend. Propylene Glycol is a much better flavor conductor than VG but VG produces more smoke so you will often have to adjust accordingly. I like the flavor and could care much less about the smoke, hence my 70/30 blend!

* Jackhammer ordered a juice that was pre-mixed at 50/50 and she had to draw pretty hard on her cartomizer to get any smoke. It smoked HUGE but she was annoyed with how hard the pull was with the thicker juice AND it burns up a lot faster.

* Drink tons of water! I've also found that chewing gum seems to help keep the mouth feeling more normal and less like a fur carpet!!!

If you DO get vape mouth, it will go away fairly quickly but it is definitely uncomfortable.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #109
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I have to mention, that currently, I am getting away with vaping, with some discreetness at my desk. I am certain that it is improving my stress level during difficult calls. I hope they either don't notice that I'm doing it, or ignore it. We do have quite a few 5 year old adults, who enjoy a good tattle, so unfortunately, it probably won't last.

A few people have mentioned that they really like the smell of blueberries that is around my desk.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #110
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I have to mention, that currently, I am getting away with vaping, with some discreetness at my desk. I am certain that it is improving my stress level during difficult calls. I hope they either don't notice that I'm doing it, or ignore it. We do have quite a few 5 year old adults, who enjoy a good tattle, so unfortunately, it probably won't last.

A few people have mentioned that they really like the smell of blueberries that is around my desk.
If you are worried about the smoke - Blow your vapor into a tissue or a handkerchief. It's super discreet
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #111
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
If you are worried about the smoke - Blow your vapor into a tissue or a handkerchief. It's super discreet
I do that, it really works! In a pinch, I blow it into my sleeve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #112
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

I don't smoke. However the idea of vaping cinnamon rolls and blueberry muffins sounds way better than noshing on high calorie bad tasting gluten free versions of these things.

Should vaping be reserved for tobacco and former tobacco smokers only?

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org

Last edited by PearlsNLace; 02-13-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: silly tab changed gluten to flute
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #113
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
I don't smoke. However the idea of vaping cinnamon rolls and blueberry muffins sounds way better than noshing on high calorie bad tasting gluten free versions of these things.

No way, girl! There are two people at work who have gotten into vaping just because they were smelling my delicious vapor creeping around the floor. Neither of them have ever smoked and they are using it to help kill the sugar cravings!

I have lost 6 pounds since quitting smoking and I highly attribute it to having my vape with me when I want something yummy
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #114
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
It's a real deal!

It's called "vape mouth"!

I got it after about my second week because I started "mouth vaping" more and inhaling less (not that you can't get it from inhaling because you certainly can but mouth vaping seems to be a huge culprit.)

I am not allergic to the pg but it is an alcohol-based substance if I remember correctly so you will have drying agent in your mouth and even in small amounts can strip your tongue and mouth of the slick stuff.

* The higher the PG content, the more likely you'll get vape mouth.

* If you vape 100% VG, you have to be really careful about your clearomizers because that juice is a LOT thicker and will burn a clearomizer up quickly.

From what I understand they do have "clearomizer's" on the marker to handle 100% VG

* Most places (except for super boutique stores) will let you pick what blend you want. There are some stores who sell their juices pre-mixed with what they consider to be the optimum blend for flavor.

My store is pre-mixed 50/50

* I always vape a 70/30 blend. Propylene Glycol is a much better flavor conductor than VG but VG produces more smoke so you will often have to adjust accordingly. I like the flavor and could care much less about the smoke, hence my 70/30 blend!

* Jackhammer ordered a juice that was pre-mixed at 50/50 and she had to draw pretty hard on her cartomizer to get any smoke. It smoked HUGE but she was annoyed with how hard the pull was with the thicker juice AND it burns up a lot faster.

I am a visual person, so I need to see it to feel like I'm getting anything.

* Drink tons of water! I've also found that chewing gum seems to help keep the mouth feeling more normal and less like a fur carpet!!!

Shitty thing is I was up to a milk jug of water a day.. and it never helped. I tried the gum, that made it worse. I even bought stuff at Wallgreen's for dry mouth (infact G was with me when I got it the first time)

If you DO get vape mouth, it will go away fairly quickly but it is definitely uncomfortable.

I had it so badly I had to stop... I lost all the taste of food and had a lisp. It wasn't fun. I stopped for 5 weeks and on the 6th week my taste started to come back. I went back to vaping, however not as much as I would like!

I'm hoping that changing my mixture will alleviate my troubles! If not I will talk to my Doctor and see what I can do

Medusa, thank you for all the research you have done!! It has already helped me!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #115
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Strappie,
It does sound like you are allergic to PG. Is there any way your store can make a 100% VG, since you're not planning on ordering on-line?

One of my co-workers does 100% VG, he uses a standard starlight clearomizer. What he does though is he dilutes it with distilled water. He pops the cap off the juice and drops it in with a clean eyedropper. Then closes the cap and "shakes it to hell and back".

I hope you find a way around vape-mouth, it's a shame if you can't.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #116
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

I agree with Medusa. I have friends that have never smoked a day in their life. But love the smell of them. They also found it fun to have it at the bars or restaurants. So they ended up getting one for themselves. They buy the liquids that do not contain nicotine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #117
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Absolutely Not!! Go for it!! Go Nicotine Free!
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #118
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren_Q View Post
Strappie,
It does sound like you are allergic to PG. Is there any way your store can make a 100% VG, since you're not planning on ordering on-line?

One of my co-workers does 100% VG, he uses a standard starlight clearomizer. What he does though is he dilutes it with distilled water. He pops the cap off the juice and drops it in with a clean eyedropper. Then closes the cap and "shakes it to hell and back".

I hope you find a way around vape-mouth, it's a shame if you can't.

Yes, it's been a damn shame that I can't smoke it like I want to. I am however going to try the higher dose of VG if not the 100% VG rather than my stores 50/50.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #119
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

*raising my hand*

I started vaping on one of Scorp's about a week ago. She's got the eGo-T, with eGo transparent clearomizers. She had a tank with ECBlend's "top of the muffin blueberry" that she didn't like, but I did, and have been using that ever since. I wasn't sure if it was something I would like -- I've never been a smoker (except for that one "rebellious" summer...rar ) but thought it might help with food cravings. I do like it, and will probably get a starter kit of my own (eGo-C in pink, anyone?)

I'm kind of getting sick of the flavor now, but we just ordered 9 more (haha!) from ECBlend to try out.

I was really confused by all the terminology -- texting Medusa a few days ago, asking "wtf is throat hit?" LOL -- and just found this review of several different tank systems that might be helpful to someone. I don't think I've seen this link here, but I may have missed it. Anyway:

Enjoy!
LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #120
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Well it's been nearly a week of vaping. Yes the steeping is helping increase the flavor of the 100% VG blends I ordered. Taking some advice (Loren_Q I think) I ordered new flavors with extra flavoring. And I am really not into the flavors of desserts. Fruit yes. I need a bit of a kick, some tangy and strength.

I am finding that I am staying off of cigarettes with minimal stress on the nicotine free liquids. I just happen to vape a lot longer. I like the visable smoke of the VG liquids. Apparently the act of breathing and seeing it is important to me. Next thing you know I'll be taking up Yoga.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post: