~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation
Default Recipes and Cooking Advice

i have thought about this for a few weeks posted a few recipes on different threads. They received a good response so i think a recipe sharing thread might be fun. Many of U/us have family recipes W/we might like to share to tickle the fancy of the palette. W/we can also talk about dining and how important it be as a family meal a celebration. i will begin with a recipe for Russian rye or black bread.

4 cups unsifted rye flour
3 cups unsifted white flour
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 cups whole bran cereal
2 tbsp. crushed caraway seed
2 tsp. instant coffee or powdered used coffee grounds
2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. fennel seed, crushed
2 pckg. active dry yeast
2-1/2 cups water
1/4 cup white vinegar (or 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar)
1/4 cup DARK molasses
1 square (1 oz) Unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup COLD water (*icy* cold!)

Combine the rye and white flours. In a second bowl blend 2-1/3 cups of the flour mixture, the sugar, salt, cereal, caraway seed, coffee, onion powder, fennel seed and un-dissolved dry yeast.

Combine 2-1/2 cups of water, vinegar, molasses, chocolate and margarine in a saucepan. Heat on low until very warm not boiling. Butter or margarine and chocolate don’t need to melt. Gradually add the liquid to the dry ingredients, beat a couple of minutes with a mixer, scraping the bowl from time to time. Add 1/2 cup of the mixed flour. Beat at high speed about two minutes, scrape the bowl occasionally. Stir in enough additional mixture of the flour to make a soft dough.

Turn dough onto a lightly floured board cover and let it rest about 15 minutes. Knead until smooth and elastic about 10 to 15 minutes. The dough may be sticky, but that’s okay. Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease the top of the dough as well as the bottom.

Cover and let it rise in a warm place, free from any draft. When the dough doubles in bulk in about an hour, punch it down, turn it out onto a lightly floured board. Divide in half. Shape each half into a ball about 5 inches across. Place each ball into the center of a greased 8-inch round cake pan.
Cover, and let it rise until they’re both doubled, usually an hour, depending on the weather.
Bake at 350 degrees 45 to 50 minutes, or until done check with toothpick. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and ice water. Cook over medium heat, stir constantly, until the mixture just begins to boil; continue to cook, stir constantly, for another minute. As soon as the bread is baked, brush the cornstarch mixture over the loaves. Return the bread to the oven and bake for another two or three minutes, until the glaze is set. Remove from the pans and cool.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 03:34 AM   #2
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

This looks like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

I'll definitely be back to this thread.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 04:00 AM   #3
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhh, wonderful thread! I have dynamite recipes to share, but alas no time to post them right now!

But I will be back to post some awesome recipes!

Thank you sweet ~baby~doll~!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #4
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

Sorrel Soup/Shchavlevyi Borsch - Ukrainian

Vegetarian if you use vegetable stock. The best flavor comes from homemade chicken or vegetable broth. Can be frozen for later use.

1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped garlic
two teaspoons of chives
1/4 cup chopped dill
1 large onion or leek chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 celery chopped
3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into small cubes
6 cups broth chicken or vegetable more if needed
7 cups of chopped packed sorrel
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of butter

small squares of garlic bread
fry thick bread until crisp in butter and garlic power or fresh minced garlic serve soup onto squares of bread cut to fit serving bowl for convenience use french of Italian Bread
Sour cream for garnish
sliced hard boiled egg for garnish

In a deep pot add 3 Tablespoons of oil and 2 Tablespoons of butter and frying onions first. Add carrots, celery, chopped potatoes fry for 10 minutes. Add broth. Cook until potatoes and vegetables are soft, then add sorrel washed well. Add parsley, chives and dill and black pepper. Add salt if needed. Cook for about 1/2 hour.
Uh Huh Her
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Moroccan Spiced Coffee

Ingredients:

1/2 cup coffee or espresso beans
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 or 2 whole cloves
seeds from 3 or 4 cardamom pods
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation:

Place all ingredients into a coffee grinder and process. The spiced coffee is best used immediately. If you don't need all of it, store the spiced ground coffee in a light-proof, airtight container.

Use the spiced ground coffee, one to two tablespoons per serving, to brew spiced coffee or espresso.

Great recipe from About.com
Uh Huh Her
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Pampushky/poppy seed doughnuts - Ukrainian
Poppy Seed Filling
11/8 cup ground poppy seed
3 Tablespoons hot - whipping cream (can use 3)
1 Tablespoon butter
1/3 cup honey
11/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/3 cup ground walnuts or raisons
1 egg white - beaten until stiff
Boil water and pour over poppy seeds and drain. Cover poppy seeds with fresh lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain through sieve. Grind seeds.
Melt butter in hot cream. When butter is melted pour into mixing bowl and add honey, lemon rind, and walnuts. Mix well. Beat egg white until stiff and fold into the mixture.
Dough
1/4 cup water, lukewarm
1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup milk, lukewarm
3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled to lukewarm
2 eggs
1 egg yolk (left over from the egg used for filling)
11/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg white, slightly beaten
Poppy seed filling, or other filling of choice
Vegetable oil for frying
Sugar for coating

Pour lukewarm water into a small bowl. Stir in yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar and ground ginger; set aside for 5 minutes in a warm place.
Sift flour into a large bowl and hollow the center and add 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, butter, eggs, egg yolk, milk and vanilla around the edges of the flour. Pour yeast liquid into the hollow. Combine ingredients. Knead dough on lightly floured board about 5 minutes. Add flour if dough is sticky. Knead until soft.
Place dough in a buttered bowl turn once. Cover with towel and place in a warm, draft-free area until dough has doubled about 1 ½ hours.
Punch down then knead until smooth. Let dough rest about 5 minutes. Roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutter to 2 ½ inch circles. Brush edges lightly with egg white. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the middle of half the circles. Cover with remaining circles; press edges firmly together with floured fingers. Let rise for 15 to 20 minutes or until double in a warm place. Gather scraps let rest for about 15 minutes, roll out, cut into circles and repeat process until dough is used up.
Use deep skillet with 1 ½ inch of oil heat to 375 degrees. Slide pampushky gently into hot oil. Do not crowd. Turn after one side is browned. Remove with slotted spoon when second side is brown; drain on paper towels. Roll hot in sugar, cinnamon sugar, all spice sugar or sift on confectioners' sugar when cool. Makes 12 to 16 pampushky.
Any filling can be used with this dough.
Uh Huh Her
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

We have some other recipe threads .3 or 4 i think...

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ghlight=recipe

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=897
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I subscribed to this thread! Love it

Zimmeh
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #9
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmeh View Post
I subscribed to this thread! Love it

Zimmeh
Me too! And yes there are other threads. I can't remember if there are themes to them or not but im also happy to post here. Will get some ideas this week to post

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #10
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Not sure where i picked this recipe up but it is sensuous and delicious

Tabouli Middle Eastern Salad

Ingredients

1 cup water
1 cup fine cracked wheat
1 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
1/2 cup minced fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
2 tomatoes, diced
3 green onions
1 small zucchini
2 cucumbers, seeded and diced
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
1 teaspoons sea salt
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar or to taste

Directions

In a large mixing bowl, pour water over cracked wheat, cover, let stand 20 minutes until water is absorbed. Add the chopped herbs and vegetables and toss. Combine the oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and salt in a separate bowl. Add to wheat mixture and toss. Chill and serve.

Can top with sour cream, cottage cheese or feta.
Uh Huh Her
Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie

Crust:

2 cups flour, plus up to 1/4 cup for kneading and rolling dough
1/2 cup cake flour
3 teaspoons sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/4 cup salted butter
tad of salt
1 egg
2 teaspoons vinegar
1/4 cup ice cold water

in a mixer add flours, sugar, shortening, butter and salt.
whisk egg, vinegar and water in a 2-cup measure add to dry ingredients mixing on low. when blended pour onto floured surface and form ball using extra flour to prevent sticking form ball. coat the ball with flour and chill in a covered bowl.
After dough has chilled Divide about 2/3 and 1/3. roll the larger piece to fit pie dish and chill. Roll the smaller piece for top crust set on wax paper making sure dough does not stick, chill.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Filling:

2 1/2 cups chopped red rhubarb
2 1/2 cups washed and sliced strawberries
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons minute tapioca
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons butter, cubed
1 egg white beaten with 1 teaspoon water
Large granule sugar

Mix rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca, flour, zest and juice of lemon, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix well in a large bowl and pour into chilled crust. Dot the top of the filling with the butter.

Brush edges of pie crust with egg white mix. Set top crust and seal edges with crimping tool or fork tines. Make 5 small cuts in surface. Brush with remaining egg white wash.
Garnish with large granule sugar. Cover edge with foil and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower temp to 375 degrees and cook 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Uh Huh Her
Old 06-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Potato Cepelinai (Lithuanian)

POTATO MIXTURE:

12 large raw potatoes, peeled and finely grated
4 boiled Idaho potatoes, peeled

2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon heavy cream or milk beat lightly.
Salt and pepper

MEAT MIXTURE:

8 ounces lean ground beef
8 ounces ground pork
1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg

BACON SAUCE:

8 ounces bacon, chopped
1 onion, chopped

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk

Potatoes: Set grated potatoes on cheesecloth or tea towel and wring them by hand over a large bowl. (get them as dry as possible). Put them in a large mixing bowl.
Save liquid and let stand until starch settles to the bottom pour off excess water and add starch to grated potatoes.

Mash the boiled potatoes and add them to grated ones. Add egg mixture and a dash of salt and pepper. Finger knead well. do not use mixer.

Meat: Combine beef, pork, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Mix well with your hands. Do not use mixer. Add egg and knead again.

Making the Cepelinai:
Roll cup fulls of the potato mixture into balls. Gently flatten into 1/2 inch patties.
Tricky part Put a 1/4 cup of meat mixture on the center of patty. Fold the patty around the meat shape into an oval. Repeat until all mixtures are used.

Cooking the Cepelinai: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Gently place the Cepelinai into boiling water. Allow water to return to a boil before adding the next dumpling. Do not overcrowd. Swirl water occasionally. Boil about 45 minutes. Dumplings will appear translucent. Remove using a slotted spoon, drain and place in a warm oven.

Bacon sauce: Cook bacon and onions in a little olive oil over medium heat until the onions browned. Pour off the grease and set mixture on a paper towel to drain remaining excess grease. When drained stir the sour cream into bacon-onion mixture. Place mixture in a deep heated sauce pot and stir adding the heavy cream or milk. when heated not boil remove from heat. Serve sauce over warm Cepelinai.
Enjoy
Uh Huh Her
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #13
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

This is not a fancy recipe but it's one of my favorites and it's tasty...

Southwestern Goulash

8 ounces elbow macaroni
1 pound lean ground beef
16 ounces tomato sauce
2 cups cooked corn (I used frozen)
2 cans chopped green chilies
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Brown the ground beef. Drain the grease from the ground beef then add the tomato sauce, corn, green chilies and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes. Then add in the cooked macaroni.

Voila!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Yorkshire Pudding

(something like that at least)

1 cup flour
1 cup of eggs (about 5)
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons of heavy cream (whipping cream)
a bit of salt
Y/you can add other herbs to taste such as rosemary or whatever Y/you like

Beat the eggs with heavy cream until frothy
In a bowl add flour, milk and a pinch of salt
mix completely
preheat oven to 425 degrees
add egg mixture to the flour and milk. Mix well until batter is smooth and creamy.

In a 5x8 or 6x8 baking pan add 3 tablespoons oil or beef drippings (can be done in muffin tin as well adding oil or drippings to each cup) place pan or tin in the oven until the oil begins to smoke. Remove the pan or tin from oven and pour in batter. Do not fill muffins to full as the pudding will puff.

Put the pan or tin back in the oven as quickly as possible and allow the pudding to cook 15 to 25 minutes. It will puff high in or above the rim. Let brown.

Remove from oven and serve.

Traditionally served with beef with gravy or heated drippings. Yorkshire pudding can be served as a dessert with ice cream, fruit, syrup or whipped cream as well.
It is a change of pace from potatoes or rice.
Serves around 4.
Uh Huh Her
The Following User Says Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #15
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Quicker Brioche Rolls

1 package of dry yeast
1/3 cup warm water
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1 cup softened butter

Glaze
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon heavy cream or water

Add yeast to warm water with sugar and allow to rise in a small bowl or tall glass

In a mixer or by hand begin blending all other ingredients except glaze
When yeast has risen add to mixture
When dough is mixed knead for around 10 minutes until smooth and silky. Add flour as needed to keep from sticking.

On a floured counter roll out dough and fold together. Roll out again and repeat the process 3 times. Let the balled dough rest for about 10 minutes.
Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Use 3 inch cookie cutter to make circles. Stack 3 circles on top of each other and set in a baking pan. Repeat until all but a small amount of dough is used. The remaining dough is used to make a small button on top of each roll. press edges of rolls down lightly.
Let rolls rise for about an hour or around double the size.
Cook at 400 degrees maybe 15 minutes until brown on top and center is cooked. Cooking time varies depending on oven and thickness of the rolls after rising. Check frequently to avoid burning.
Uh Huh Her
Old 06-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

This one is not my recipe but one i like. It serves maybe 10 or 12 but can be scaled down for smaller cuts of lamb. i added a recipe for a Greek salad which goes very well with the roasted lamb. If you have a gathering this combo will accommodate a number of guests.

Herb-Roasted Lamb

12 large unpeeled garlic cloves, divided
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (6-pound) boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and tied
4 to 5 pounds small unpeeled potatoes (16 to 20 potatoes)
2 tablespoons good olive oil

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the oven rack in the lower third of the oven so the lamb will sit in the middle of the oven.

Peel 6 of the cloves of garlic and place them in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the rosemary, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and butter. Process until the garlic and rosemary are finely minced. Thoroughly coat the top and sides of the lamb with the rosemary mixture. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Toss the potatoes and remaining unpeeled garlic in a bowl with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Place the lamb on top of the potatoes and roast for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the lamb is 135 degrees (rare) or 145 degrees (medium). Remove from the oven and put the lamb on a platter; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Allow the lamb to rest for about 20 minutes. Slice and serve with the potatoes.

Greek Salad (You may need to double up if served for large number of friends)

Makes about 4 1/2 cups

3/4 pound tomatoes, seeded, diced (about 2 cups)
2 cups diced seeded peeled cucumber (from about 1 large)
1 cup diced red bell pepper (from about 1 large)
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives, halved
1/4 cup diced red onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)

Toss first 9 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Gently mix in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.

Oh this goes well with Sauvignon blanc.
Uh Huh Her
Old 08-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #17
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Default Fast, easy, and versatile oatmeal cookies

These take maybe 20 minutes to prepare and 8 to 10 minutes to cook. The hardest part is deciding what ingredient's you desire.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease cookie sheet or sheets, makes around 40 cookies.

I start with dry ingredients and stir in a large bowl by hand

1 cup white sugar
1 cup light or dark brown sugar
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups white flour or wheat flour or a cup of each (if wheat use a bit more shortening)
1 teaspoon baking soda a bit more for more fluff but not too much more
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon or all spice or nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt less if desired

Combine ingredients by hand until well blended. Next add,

1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
2 eggs
1 cup shortening may need more to gather all loose dry ingredients.

Optional:
nuts crushed
pineapple minced
carrots grated

Add extra flour or shortening to mixture to accommodate added goodies
I mix by hand to get a feel for the texture so it is not to dry or damp.
roll into walnut sized balls and place on cookie sheet pressing lightly in the center. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes in the 375 degree oven and presto they are done and delicious.
Many other possibilities exist so add what you like as long as the dough will hold together in the ball shapes.
Let cool about five minutes before transferring to cookie dish.
Uh Huh Her
Old 07-20-2015, 10:01 PM   #18
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Okay cooks!

Who has some recipes they want to share that are pretty simple and easy for a guy to make for a romantic dinner?

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #19
Tierney
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Wayne
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey, Mister Wayne

Thanked 4,892 Times in 1,162 Posts
Tierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST ReputationTierney Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Okay cooks!

Who has some recipes they want to share that are pretty simple and easy for a guy to make for a romantic dinner?

Do you have anything in mind J? Are there particular things she likes?

I am a fan of the steak and lobster tail - with a fresh Caesar salad - and a good bottle of wine. For bread I do a fresh baguette. All of which is pretty easy to make.

I have a ton of recipes I could share for other things.

Put out some ideas you are tossing around or what her likes are, if you could.
Tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tierney For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #20
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierney View Post
Do you have anything in mind J? Are there particular things she likes?

I am a fan of the steak and lobster tail - with a fresh Caesar salad - and a good bottle of wine. For bread I do a fresh baguette. All of which is pretty easy to make.

I have a ton of recipes I could share for other things.

Put out some ideas you are tossing around or what her likes are, if you could.
Awesome. Let me think about it and I will post later tonight.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: