Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
Your response is what i am hoping to see on a wide scale. SGK has defined themselves as anti-choice, and the faux apology does not change that. As long as they keep their anti-choice VP and board members, they will continue to be an anti-choice organization.
I agree. There are other breast cancer organizations to support, which I will do. Mainly, any donations I can give in terms of cash will be directly to Planned Parenthood. No way will I ever walk for Lomen again, either.

This also isn't an isolated incident of how the right-wingers have, are and will continue to errode women's healthcare on every level. There has been even a stronger, more far-reaching assault since the 2010 mid-term elections. Sadly, it took this to wake most people up to what is going on in a larger and nation wide way. But women are losing healthcare options everyday in this country. Waking up has to happen and lead to action.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #42
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
SGK hired an anti-choice, anti-stem cell, pro-christian fake pregnancy assistance clinic, pro-voter suppression republican as VP. Now, they've killed Planned Parenthood funding. SGK just got added to my permanent "not one penny from me" list.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1245568.html

Here's the wikipedia entry on this woman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Handel

Thank you for this post. I got a notice from a friend and have been spreading the word on my social networks. SJK is out of all consideration for support in my book. And my friends' as well.

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #43
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just received via email from MoveOn.org...

Breaking news: Susan G. Komen for the Cure announced that it is reversing its decision to ban grants to organizations under politically motivated investigation. The bad news is that it's not clear that it will continue funding Planned Parenthood.1 We'll keep up the pressure until it does.

1. "Komen caved. Or did it?" The Washington Post, February 3, 2012
Old 02-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #44
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Nothing's changed. They are just trying to cover their asses and appease the upset masses.

lol, that kinda rhymed.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #45
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Komen: The Extreme Anti-Gay Views Of Their VP Who Dumped Planned Parenthood ~ The New Civil Rights Movement by David Badash on February 3, 2012
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #46
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...-in-three-days

Planned Parenthood raises 3 million in 3 days. Yesserie bub, way to go peoples!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #47
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation
Default And it keeps getting more political

EXCLUSIVE: Ari Fleischer Secretly Helped Guide Komen Strategy On Planned Parenthood ~ Think Progress
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #48
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think Komen is going to be able to recover from this. Especially as more and more ugly truths about their policies, practices and politics come to light. And they are not the only game in town when it comes to grassroots fundraising for breast cancer research.

As a fundraising professional I know that the Komen foundation is going to be held up as an example for all non-profits...

I can see the conference breakout sessions now: "Komen foundation: how to lose your small and mid-level donor base in one fell swoop" and "political board members, asset or liability?" and "transparency, its not just a buzzword"

I am really really pleased to see the truly unprecedented outpouring of support for Planned Parenthood, over $3million raised in less than 3days!!! That is remarkable. It gives me faith in the American public.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #49
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Make a donation to Planned Parenthood in honor of Susan G. Komen, and

You will let them know how you feel about their recent behavior.

I did this when anti choice Sarah Palin was running for Vice President.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #50
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

another one bites the dust. As always it takes one idiot to pull down a whole village of idiots. The VP is a bigot and he just caused the collapse of this charity.

Honestly, I would rather support grass roots efforts and not dump my money into these large money pit corrupt charities and more. Times have changed and so should we.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #51
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Make a donation to Planned Parenthood in honor of Susan G. Komen, and

You will let them know how you feel about their recent behavior.

I did this when anti choice Sarah Palin was running for Vice President.
Thanks for the link. I just sent my donation to Planned Parenthood in memory of Susan Komen. I made sure to have an aknowledgement sent to the Women's Motorcyclist Foundation, the org through which our breast cancer fundraising efforts have previously funneled money to the Komen Foundation.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #52
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

The thing is this isn’t a recent change in politics for the Komen Foundation or for its founder, Nancy Brinker. It is a case of Komen misjudging the size of the backlash from their latest right wing maneuver. The immediate fallout is a perfect example of the ease with which information is spread online as well as proof that the average person does not share their right wing agenda. And the discovery of the disturbing truth that has always lurked in the shadows concering the Kormen Foundation's right wing agenda is a testament to the depth and breadth of what is available with a simple internet search or just a little digging through the web. It is no wonder there are forces at work behind the scenes trying to find ways to gag the net.

This is an article that appeared in 2002 about the Komen Foundation's politics. http://www.alternet.org/story/14014/

And even back in 2000 their political agenda was the same. So really the only difference is now more people are aware. Hopefully that will translate financially into a more equitable distribution of private funding for women’s health care.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...litical-Agenda

Behind the Pink Curtain - Komen's Political Agenda

In 2000, when I first became a breast cancer activist, one of my first assignments was contacting the senators and members of Congress in my area to encourage their support for the Breast & Cervical Cancer Prevention & Treatment Act. The bill was to provide Medicaid coverage for uninsured women diagnosed through the Breast & Cervical Cancer Prevention & Screening Act, which had been passed several years earlier. IOW, the Treatment Act was necessary because uninsured women were getting no-cost breast cancer diagnosis, but still had no means to pay for treatment.
Sounds easy, right? You screen and diagnose them, you have to help them get treatment. Except one of my GOP senators didn't see it that way, and he had another breast cancer group who agreed with him....

Upon calling my GOP senator and speaking with his aide, I was shocked to hear her tell me "Sen.__ can't sign on as a co-sponsor to the bill because all the breast cancer groups aren't in agreement on it." Shocked, I asked her who was opposing it. She told me that Komen opposed the bill. When I asked her why, she explained that Komen felt that treatment for uninsured breast cancer patients should be funded through private donations, like the pink ribbon race. I was speechless, in shock. A phone call to another activist confirmed it was true - Komen was lobbying behind the scenes to kill the bill. A moment later, Sen.__'s aide called me back and begged me not to repeat our conversation to anyone, that she had given me the information by mistake.

Thus my lesson about Komen began in 2000. They spend a lot of money lobbying for a very different agenda.

The bill passed anyway and Bill Clinton, who pushed hard in Congress for its passage, was happy to sign it. Unfortunately, it wasn't the end of Komen (and its founder, Nancy Brinker's) political maneuvering to stall or kill legislation in Congress and in state legislatures that was supported by other breast cancer advocacy groups.

They fought behind the scenes in my state to prevent the governor from adopting the Treatment Program. They worked for several years to stall or kill the Breast Cancer & Environmental Research Act. In the end, they eviscerated it by removing new funding for environmental research and substituting a panel to review all research on breast cancer & environment. Using private funds, they recently collaborated with the Institute of Medicine to develop said report. Released last December, it sadly detailed the same old arguments that there's no evidence of links between environmental toxins and that no further research should be done on the subject since everyone has those toxins in their bodies already. Instead they chose to blame breast cancer patients for getting the disease.

In 2009, Komen lobbied behind the scenes to weaken the health care bill (ACA) as it was being debated in Congress. They hired Hadassah Lieberman, wife of Joe, in an effort to convince Joementum to vote against the Public Option. Komen spent over $1 million in 2008 & 2009, on behind the scenes lobbying related to the health care reform bill, so who knows what else was on their agenda.

Nancy Brinker, the founder of Komen and sister of the famed, now deceased Susan G. Komen, has always thought of herself as a heavy hitting player in politics. As you've seen in other diaries, she raised millions for Bush's election, as well as other GOP lawmakers. She was appointed by Bush to high positions in his administration. She has a very large ego and likes to play the role of political kingmaker, using her corporate backed non-profit organization to further her agenda.

Sorry, folks, but this is how they roll. It's how they've always done things, they're just being more transparent than they have in the past. And as an organization that seldom screws up and who hires some of the best political and marketing consultants in the country, they must think they have a chance at succeeding.

Who's behind them, besides the GOP? Corporations, pharma companies, and probably a lot of very influential hospital and health care associations.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #53
TexasCowboi

How Do You Identify?:
TGStoneButch
Relationship Status:
Married....'nuff said

TexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Q

unfortunately, it was too late for me to pull out of the Race for the Cure..... so I have decided to Run in the competitive 5k division of the 2012 Race for the Cure, and have formed a race team called "Jogging for Jugs".

Somewhere on my race tee-shirt, I will have the letters "ISWPP" and "FYSGKF" (let's see if you can guess what those stand for!

The reason I have decided to go ahead and race is that I support my local affiliation as they are against the national's decision and are still working with our Local PP organization to provide screenings and mammograms. I would be more than happy to provide anyone who asks, a copy of the email the local chapter sent me.

While, this may very well be my last Race for the Cure because of this issue, I cannot turn my back on the reason I run in this race.... because i'm sure not running for the Komen Foundation!.

I am running for those who are still dealing with this horrible disease.... I am running for those who have laid down their swords in their fight against breast cancer, and I am running for those who cannot run.

Those of you who decide you want to help out a local affiliate such as the Greater Fort Worth affiliate, here is the link to my race team..... feel free to help out.

http://greaterfortworth.info-komen.o...eam&fr_id=2347
TexasCowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TexasCowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #54
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

It is NEVER to late to pull out of the run for pink event. Thinking that because the local group is ok, it's ok to give time and money for the local group. Guess what......your money goes to the main office and some stays in the local community.

Komen has never been anything other than a money/power maker. I've never given them one dime of my time or money. I figured it out when I applied for a job with them. I was an activist and they were not the least bit interested in activism that actually helped women. That was the 90s and nothing has changed except the public is finally getting to seeing the nastiness and corruption.

By the way...........I looked at their very fancy financials statements. They run a total of 20% administrative costs........and it has to be higher because you always cook your books to make that admin cost as low as possible (oh wait....I should not say that cuz that means you get to look behind the curtain dorothy)

edited to ad: no matter what you tell yourself about 'I run for those who can't run'.....you are running for Komen and Komen gets your money.
I will not assimilate

Last edited by Toughy; 02-04-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #55
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I do hear what you're saying Toughy, and I don't disagree with it. I also appreciate the detailed information and your passion.

However, it seems like TexasCowboi has been involved and preparing
for this event for some time, is doing it for the right reasons, and likely agrees with you as well.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #56
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default From The Daily Share...MoveOn.org

It's been a heck of a week for the supporters of breast cancer research. Perhaps the person who can really put it in perspective is Linda. As a breast cancer survivor and former supporter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation, her words are incredibly powerful. Watch:

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #57
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
It's been a heck of a week for the supporters of breast cancer research. Perhaps the person who can really put it in perspective is Linda. As a breast cancer survivor and former supporter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation, her words are incredibly powerful. Watch:

OMG, I love her.

Fantastic.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #58
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Karen Handel, Susan G. Komen's Anti-Abortion VP, Drove Decision To Defund Planned Parenthood ~ HuffPo

<snip>...Emails between Komen leadership on the day the Planned Parenthood decision was announced, which were reviewed by HuffPost under the condition they not be published, confirm the source's description of Handel's sole "authority" in crafting and implementing the Planned Parenthood policy.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #59
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Komen Isn't the Only Do-Gooder Group Conservatives Targeted for Planned Parenthood Ties

But Komen isn't the only apparently apolitical organization experiencing pressure to break ties to Planned Parenthood. While reporting Thursday's story on the right-wing boycott of Girl Scout cookies because of a Colorado council that allowed a transgender seven-year-old to join a troop, I learned that conservatives' biggest complaint with the Girl Scouts is the organization's ties to Planned Parenthood. Sure, inclusion of a transgender girl has some people up in arms. But the Girl Scouts' supposed association with what Cathy Ruse, a blogger for the Family Research Council, described to me as "the biggest abortion business in the US" is the religious right's main beef with the 100-year-old girls' leadership organization.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2012/02/...7C+MoJoBlog%29

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #60
TexasCowboi

How Do You Identify?:
TGStoneButch
Relationship Status:
Married....'nuff said

TexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST ReputationTexasCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
It is NEVER to late to pull out of the run for pink event. Thinking that because the local group is ok, it's ok to give time and money for the local group. Guess what......your money goes to the main office and some stays in the local community.

Komen has never been anything other than a money/power maker. I've never given them one dime of my time or money. I figured it out when I applied for a job with them. I was an activist and they were not the least bit interested in activism that actually helped women. That was the 90s and nothing has changed except the public is finally getting to seeing the nastiness and corruption.

By the way...........I looked at their very fancy financials statements. They run a total of 20% administrative costs........and it has to be higher because you always cook your books to make that admin cost as low as possible (oh wait....I should not say that cuz that means you get to look behind the curtain dorothy)

edited to ad: no matter what you tell yourself about 'I run for those who can't run'.....you are running for Komen and Komen gets your money.
It's "NEVER too late" ???? yes, I have been preparing for this race for a long time, My money is paid.... was paid before the funding was cut and then uncut.... our local affiliate STILL WORKS WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD. I don't have to agree with the freaking headquarters idiots to support the local affiliate.
Yes, SGK is a greedy organization....I hate their politics.... but... SGK has helped a handful of my friends.... I cannot and will not ignore that.... Will this be the last SGK race I run in... I don't know... I will watch and wait....
It's not up to you to tell me who I run for or belittle why I'm running..... I AM running for those who cannot run.....
TexasCowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TexasCowboi For This Useful Post: