Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

What a fun thread! *subscribing*

I saw Wooly Willie at the dollar store the other day.

There is a candy store in my town that sells retro candies, including such controversial items as candy cigarettes, etc.

They have the wax bottles etc, also:

Okay is anyone old enough to remember This Stuff?

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #82
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #83
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

The Down Under Naturals hairspray in the aerosol can.
I liked it because they never tested on animals and it was environmentally friendly.
And it held my hair in place without feeling sticky.

And Glade had this amazing fragrance in the plug ins but for some reason
decided not to make it anymore. I'm guessing because it actually smelled good and
because you could smell it when you walked in the room.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #84
o'queery

How Do You Identify?:
serviceboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
him, hey boy
Relationship Status:
boyfriend of my joey. <3 Imma lucky bitchboy!

Thanked 1,895 Times in 523 Posts
o'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputation
Default Charmed I'm Sure

These were some of my most prized possessions in 3rd Grade!!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #85
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,541 Times in 10,210 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Default For those pig tails mom used to make us wear

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #86
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

thank you for this thread. I have enjoyed it very much! I saw some things from my childhood that most people dont even remember!

Do any of you remember a toy that was cardboard, and it had dial in the middle and around the edges, there were pieces of faces, and you turned the knob and made different kind of faces with all the combinations?

I remember my mother going all over town, trying to find me one...and then finally did. I sat for hours, making faces...my generation's video game...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #87
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

As a child we usually made Christmas gifts for people. I had one of those little red metal looms to make potholders, and my mother would buy several bags of fabric loops for me to work with.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #88
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I used to switch one leg out for a different color, they looked really cool with my roller skates (or at least I thought they did)... I stopped wearing them after some disgusting boy called them "peel-a-meal" pants

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2013, 02:23 AM   #89
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Remember Gimp? In my childhood, it was usually brown or gold or black, even back then I thought, this has got to be a fad that would pass. Kids made simple stuff from it, mostly keyring charms.

Now, here's the kicker, it came back. Life is funny.

Now at least they have more colors. But pretty much what you can do with it is make ugly keyring things. LMBO

~Rumi

Last edited by Licious; 08-04-2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: image error and font error
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2013, 02:51 AM   #90
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

When I was young and would go with my mother to do grocery shopping, I would make sure to get the Batman and Robin peanut butter (since it was my favourite tv show after school) and my mom would let me pick out the box of DUZ laundry detergent because they had drinking glasses in them and she said I had the lucky touch to get the right glasses for the set. When they switched to having towels in them, I still had the lucky touch.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #91
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

When I was about 6 my aunt gave me a 78 record of Peter and the Wolf. I was crazy about it and played it as often and as many times in a row as opportunity allowed. I just loved the different instruments playing the different characters. Not sure 78rpm recordings of Peter and the Wolf have disappeared, you can probably get a copy on ebay or something.

But serial stories in the newspaper there really isn’t much call for that. I don’t think it’s really been that popular since Charles Dickens, but when I was a kid (which was not in the Victorian Era, I assure you), every Christmas the local paper published a different Christmas themed story broken up into daily excerpts (except Sunday) that started on December 1 and finished on Christmas eve. I don’t know if the stories were syndicated or written by a local journalist or really who wrote them or where they came from, but I loved them and couldn’t wait for the opportunity to read the day’s offering. Of course I had to wait until the adults were done pawing over the paper, which sometimes took forever…but eventually I would get to read it. It’s such a little nothing thing but I don’t know how to convey the excitement and joy this story brought me every day in the month of December for most of my childhood.

Also I remember a TV special, Amahl and the Night Visitors, I guess it was an opera or something like that and I looked forward to it every year. All the adults were across the hall in my grandmother’s apartment celebrating before midnight mass so I was able to watch what I wanted on TV. I usually watched it alone because the other kids could never make it past a couple of minutes, mostly they thought it was stupid and boring, but I loved it. It became part of my own personal and singular Christmas tradition (I was always a very self contained unit, a SCUBA without the U, SCBA, I guess.) It was only on for a few years though and I’ve never seen it again. Probably for the best because no doubt I would have tried to get other’s to watch it and that never ended well.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #92
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

The wooden boxes on everyones front porch or stoop where the milkman left your milk and cottage cheesees.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #93
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticSilence View Post
As a child we usually made Christmas gifts for people. I had one of those little red metal looms to make potholders, and my mother would buy several bags of fabric loops for me to work with.
I did this too. Unfortunately I had to stop when I received several complaints of burnt hands and fingers through the potholders. I guess it wasn't tight enough.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #94
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticSilence View Post
The wooden boxes on everyones front porch or stoop where the milkman left your milk and cottage cheesees.
This reminded me of the way delivery trucks would leave bread, pastry, milk, juice, stuff like that, outside of little neighborhood corner stores in the early morning hours before the stores opened.

Because the adults in my life had to take off for work around 6am and I was too young to be left alone in the house or given a key, I was always wandering the streets until school started. I noticed all the donuts, juice, and milk left unattended and when I was hungry never hesitated to help myself to a free breakfast. I guess you could say it was the first privately funded free breakfast program.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #95
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licious View Post
The viewmaster reminded me of another favorite toy of mine, the kaleidoscope
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #96
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I still have a set of all Pepes

deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #97
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
thank you for this thread. I have enjoyed it very much! I saw some things from my childhood that most people dont even remember!

Do any of you remember a toy that was cardboard, and it had dial in the middle and around the edges, there were pieces of faces, and you turned the knob and made different kind of faces with all the combinations?

I remember my mother going all over town, trying to find me one...and then finally did. I sat for hours, making faces...my generation's video game...
Kinda like this?

The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #98
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

cars with STYLE

Last edited by deb_U_taunt; 08-09-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: typo
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2013, 03:59 AM   #99
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

The family cookie jar. When I was growing up, this was something every household had. I still have the one my grandmother left me. It's getting some good use these days.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 AM   #100
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Can this include shows? Like?

~Rumi

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post: