Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: What color would you like the first swapghan to be? (Please vote ONLY if you are participating)
Purple (any shade of including variegated) 2 6.45%
Neutral 5 16.13%
Autumn Jewel (Gold, Rust, Red, Purple, Yellow, Brown, etc) 13 41.94%
Blue (any shade of including variegated) 9 29.03%
Rainbow Squares 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #261
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

{{{{{{{{{{{{Nick!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Hi you!! So glad you posted!! I look forward to getting your square! (And um... guess it's a good thing I finally found the rest of my yarn, so that I can finish and mail your square! *big blush* I let everything wait for the last raffleghan squares.)

{{{{{{{{{{{{Arwen}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Sweetheart, your squares arrived today. THANK you for the gift, love!

Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #262
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Wooohooo! The last square is in! So now if you can, please send prayers or energy to help me figure out the best arrangement, and get going on putting the raffleghan together! We have two different colorways going, one solid and one variegated, and I think it's just going to be lovely!

Once I get some space cleared to lay the squares out with minimal feline supervision, I'll start taking pictures.

Also, I have some color-grabber cloths to make sure the dye doesn't run when I wash it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #263
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I have been seeing this thread and wondering what was going on in here.
Looks like all of you are having fun. Okay, now I see what it is all about.
Happy Square Swapping!

Brock

(... easing on out of the Square Swapping thread thinking "Oh Mercy!" LOL!)
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #264
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paphigleo View Post
Dear friends of craftyness...

I am sending out my squares today. I MUST apologize for the lateness and non-communicativeness on my part. As many of you might know me over the past several years, my online interests ebb and flow. I am currently enthralled in my 'real life' in a myriad of ways. Excuses aside, setbacks and all.. the aquares are done and I hope they will please all. I am well and not ill. I still *heart* you all and am also looking forward to the completion of the project. I will be printing off the yahoo email address list to mail my yarny pretties. Much love, hugs, and grins.

I got mine today! Many thanks.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #265
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I have been seeing this thread and wondering what was going on in here.
Looks like all of you are having fun. Okay, now I see what it is all about.
Happy Square Swapping!

Brock

(... easing on out of the Square Swapping thread thinking "Oh Mercy!" LOL!)

THOSE squares are different.

If you knit or crochet, you are welcome to join us if we do another one.

I have received all squares as well.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #266
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default response to Arwen ...

Arwen,

I do not know of any other "different" squares. This Square Swapper event is the first one I have dropped in on.

Thank you so much for the invitation to the next time around but all jokes aside, I cannot even sew on a button. When one comes off a shirt, I take it to my alterations lady. I did give it a try but I stuck myself so many times ... and that button I put back on the shirt did not look like the others ...only the edges of the button were visible. It had a great big wad of tangled up thread in the middle of it. I think I went into overdrive in trying to do a good job and sewed it on too much.

And ... Arwen, I really do think it is a wonderful thing for so many people to have so much fun ... umm ... knitting squares.

Brock
Old 07-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #267
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dear swapghaners

I just posted a picture of my swapghan
all put together

thank you to everyone!!!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #268
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

this I gotta see ...
Old 07-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #269
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default reply to amiyesiam

Hey amiyesiam, your squared up quilt is magnificent!
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #270
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

thank you very much!

Old 08-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #271
Paphigleo

How Do You Identify?:
da Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
open to new possibilities

Paphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST Reputation

Again, thank you all for letting me play along!

*hugs*

I am the stone that the builder refused

I can't do this all on my own... I'm no Superman.

My armor, battered but strong. My sword, pitted but razor sharp. My body is bloodied but doesn't know to quit. I am battle-tested and proven, I shall live to fight another day.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...91850051_n.jpg
Paphigleo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paphigleo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #272
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Medusa has put up a pic of the finished swapgan

Bit did a wonderful job putting it all together

oh
and we all rock!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #273
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Hello swapgan folks!

I wanted to tell you all what an AMAZING job you did on this afghan for the raffle. Such time, attention to detail and love went into making it! It was absolutely beautiful, and the minute I saw it, I knew I wanted it!

$10 in raffle tickets later, much to my dismay I did not win the treasure. The lucky winners were ABd & Prudence Juris! Later in the evening, my gf mentioned to them just how much I was pouting about not winning the afghan. Prudence Juris walked up to me, and said "I would like to give you an early birthday present...." and she gifts to me the afghan.

After cuddling with it on our 6 1/2 hour drive home, it now is displayed proudly on the edge of our bed.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all of your hard work, and tell you all how much I am enjoy a lil' piece of love from each one of you.

(((HUGS))))
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #274
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

{{{{{{{{{{{{Tonya}}}}}}}}}}}}} Bless you honey, thank you! I was so curious who got it!

Be sure you use a couple Color Catchers the first time you wash it; I put a box in with it.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #275
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
{{{{{{{{{{{{Tonya}}}}}}}}}}}}} Bless you honey, thank you! I was so curious who got it!

Be sure you use a couple Color Catchers the first time you wash it; I put a box in with it.
What's a color catcher I crochet and I thought that the yarn is colorsafe??
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #276
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

When you going to do another swap?? I want to do something next time please!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:50 AM   #277
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I just wanted to comment on how beautifully the swapghan turned out for the reunion. There were TONS of us dropping tickets like mad guys 'n gals to nab it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #278
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
What's a color catcher I crochet and I thought that the yarn is colorsafe??
Some yarn is colorfast and some isn't, lipstixgal, and since I didn't see the labels on the squares other people made I thought it would be good if I just included the Color Catchers. That's a product that looks kind of like dryer sheets; you throw one or two in the washer the first time you wash something, and they catch any excess dye that bleeds out, so it doesn't stain the lighter colored clothes (or in this case, the white yarn).
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #279
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I took a pic of the afghan and original winners. It's posted in the BFP Reunion 2010 photos. I'm so glad Tonya got it as a gift. Super cool.

So...do we want to do this again? KNOWING that I will most likely drag my feet about sending my squares?

If we do, I'd want to start it in October or so simply because it's too hot right now.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #280
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I took a pic of the afghan and original winners. It's posted in the BFP Reunion 2010 photos. I'm so glad Tonya got it as a gift. Super cool.

So...do we want to do this again? KNOWING that I will most likely drag my feet about sending my squares?

If we do, I'd want to start it in October or so simply because it's too hot right now.
OK. I always said my masochism ran to the cerebral. Count me in. I would like to do smaller squares this time. We could get some ideas online from other groups.

Arwen, knowing you'll drag your feet is ok. It sets the expectation, so to speak. LOL I can always do like I had to with ex-inlaws who were ALWAYS 2-3 HOURS late to things. If I wanted them there at 7, I would tell them 5 so they would show by 7:30! LOL
christie is offline   Reply With Quote