The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Yes, it is on WiFi and yes, there is a password assigned by the internet provider. It is at least 15 characters long and has never been changed. Heck, I don't even know how to change it. I don't believe it has upper and lower case, or special characters.

If someone had changed the router password, how would I have been able to access the internet on my laptop and tablet? How would changing to No Proxy have allowed me internet access?

Thank you for the Proxy explanation. I don't think I need to be able to use a proxy but with NSA and such.....
The password I'm referring to is the administrator password, not the wifi one. I suspect that the router is at 192.168.1.1 and they usually have a default password. (something like admin/password) unless the ISP changed it.

And it's possible that someone changed it for their own purposes or accidentally selected the wrong option. If the admin password was never changed it's possible.

Oh.. and a proxy won't prevent the NSA from looking at your stuff. The only way to ensure that they don't see your stuff is to not surf the web or be online.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #162
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
The password I'm referring to is the administrator password, not the wifi one. I suspect that the router is at 192.168.1.1 and they usually have a default password. (something like admin/password) unless the ISP changed it.

And it's possible that someone changed it for their own purposes or accidentally selected the wrong option. If the admin password was never changed it's possible.

Oh.. and a proxy won't prevent the NSA from looking at your stuff. The only way to ensure that they don't see your stuff is to not surf the web or be online.
No, I do not currently use an admin password. I will set one up though.

<waving to the NSA> Guess I will just continue not doing suspicious stuff. I mean, if I am not doing anything wrong, I have nothing to worry about. Right? /end sarcasm

Thanks again for the info, Linus. The check is in the mail.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2014, 06:09 AM   #163
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default crossposted with the The Site: Good, Bad and Ugly thread

I know it's been mentioned before (not sure if it was here or not, though), but it would be nice to have more than a handful of hours between the 'your subscription is expiring' notice and the paypal pull.

I didn't get online last night and sometime between 7:30am yesterday and 6am this morning I got both the expriration notice and the notice of the paypal pull. It wasn't even 24 hours in between. It feels like we used to have more time before. Can that be adjusted?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #164
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I know it's been mentioned before (not sure if it was here or not, though), but it would be nice to have more than a handful of hours between the 'your subscription is expiring' notice and the paypal pull.

I didn't get online last night and sometime between 7:30am yesterday and 6am this morning I got both the expriration notice and the notice of the paypal pull. It wasn't even 24 hours in between. It feels like we used to have more time before. Can that be adjusted?
Answered on "Good, Bad, Ugly" thread...
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #165
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chat issue with GOOGLE CHROME 1/30/14

I have tried to get to chat from both home page buttons but cannot get it working with Google Chrome. It was working fine yesterday.
I am using Windows 7 pro and google chrome.
I"ve tried clearing out my cookies and cache, keep getting the same Error Message on the webpage that opens for chat on my home computer, as it opens a different window to chat on....here is what it says:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to host7110.123flashchat.com
Old 01-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #166
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
I have tried to get to chat from both home page buttons but cannot get it working with Google Chrome. It was working fine yesterday.
I am using Windows 7 pro and google chrome.
I"ve tried clearing out my cookies and cache, keep getting the same Error Message on the webpage that opens for chat on my home computer, as it opens a different window to chat on....here is what it says:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to host7110.123flashchat.com
It's not you. It's our chat provider. They appear to be down. Hopefully they will be back soon. Try in an hour or so.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: