Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Femme Zone

The Femme Zone For all things "Femme"

Old 01-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #101
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
I forgot something I was in the habit of doing previously, and should do again...

When you get build up on your hair from products and shampoo, you can wash your hair with lye soap and it strips it of all the crap and leaves your hair SUPER soft and silky....I was doing it once a month or so..
I discovered it because my ex had very bad psoriasis and lye soap was the only thing that helped it. She would use it on her scalp too and I noticed that her hair looked SO nice and shiny! It's not especially cheap...or even easy to find. (we got it at Cracker Barrel, 5 or 6 dollars a bar) but if you get a soap bar keeper, it will last for however often you use it....

>>Now I have a question about this...is the lye soap damaging at all to the hair? And, do you know if the lye soap is similar to LAVA bar soap?
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #102
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
2 for $8 so I bought these for $16 at Urban Outfitters.

>>>Nice colors, Angeltoes...I'm such a sucker for anything with shimmer and depth.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #103
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
It can sometimes stain your eyelids too.

>>>Yikes!...Definitely *NOT* the look I'm after.
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #104
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, it's not especially cheap, but

I just ordered this polish and

I can bring it with me when I have my nails done.

Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #105
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieisafemme View Post
What about BB creams? Is it better than tinted moisturizer? What ones have people tried? I have a hard time knowing which color to get in the drugstore. I usually go to the department store.

>>>Yes, it is better. With BB creams, (depending on the brand, and what each brand offers, so you gotta read labels) You get more than just a moisturizer with a very sheer tint.
For example, I use the "Maybelline Dream Fresh" BB, because it seems to have the most benefits (8-in-1), at a reasonable price:

>>>1. Blurs any imperfections.
2. Enhances your complexion.
3. Brightens your complexion.
4. Adjusts to your individual skin-tone (although, you still have to
choose your skin-tone range..light..medium..dark, ect.)
5. Smoothes the skin.
6. Hydrates the skin.
7. Protects with spf 30.
8. 0% oils and other heavy ingrediants. (so, no "masky" feeling on your
face).

>>>Hope this helps.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #106
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Okay, it's not especially cheap, but

I just ordered this polish and

I can bring it with me when I have my nails done.

Ohhhhhh....pretttttty....God, I love that name..."Gelish"...It reminds me of that old "Gene Loves Jezebel" song..."JEAL-OUS...JEAL-OUS..."

*chuckle*
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #107
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,391 Times in 6,872 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
>>Now I have a question about this...is the lye soap damaging at all to the hair? And, do you know if the lye soap is similar to LAVA bar soap?
It never did anything but make my hair super soft. And you can feel the difference in it with all the build up gone from your hair. The only problem I did have was that I have natural wave in my hair, and ithe soap releasing all the goop made my hair fluffier...lol...but it's easily tamed with water...then it sits purty

Tonight I am trying a face mask I read about. Avocado and olive oil. I have an avocado that is a LITTLE more ripe than I like to eat, so I figure rather than trash it, make a nice mask.It's supposed to be excellent for dry skin...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #108
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
It never did anything but make my hair super soft. And you can feel the difference in it with all the build up gone from your hair. The only problem I did have was that I have natural wave in my hair, and ithe soap releasing all the goop made my hair fluffier...lol...but it's easily tamed with water...then it sits purty

>>Cool...thanks.

Tonight I am trying a face mask I read about. Avocado and olive oil. I have an avocado that is a LITTLE more ripe than I like to eat, so I figure rather than trash it, make a nice mask.It's supposed to be excellent for dry skin...

>>Darn it..and I just threw out 2 over-ripe avocados yesterday!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #109
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

I know it's a super old school thing to do, but I still love giving my hair a henna treatement ever couple of months. My hair is dark auburn, so sometimes I will use one with a bit of a tint in it, but usually I just use a neutral. My hair, which it about 3 inches longer than shoulder length feels fantastic, root to tip.
Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fatale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #110
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale View Post
I know it's a super old school thing to do, but I still love giving my hair a henna treatement ever couple of months. My hair is dark auburn, so sometimes I will use one with a bit of a tint in it, but usually I just use a neutral. My hair, which it about 3 inches longer than shoulder length feels fantastic, root to tip.

>>>> *chuckle*

Nice hair length, Fatale...the henna must make it feel...very soft, smooth, and shiny...so, does it...feel that way?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #111
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
>>>> *chuckle*

Nice hair length, Fatale...the henna must make it feel...very soft, smooth, and shiny...so, does it...feel that way?
::smiling...As a matter of fact it does, Talon. I was once told it " is darkness dancing in the light".

You have to love a waxing poet.
Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fatale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #112
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Nyxx liquid eyeliner. Best eyeliner ever!! (And less than $5.00)

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #113
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale View Post
::smiling...As a matter of fact it does, Talon. I was once told it " is darkness dancing in the light".

You have to love a waxing poet.
>>>*chuckle*>>>You mean like..

The darkest depths of the sea...bathing gracefully in the pale moonlight....?

...Yeah, ya gotta love those..I hear that they can be quite "fun".

The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #114
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
Nyxx liquid eyeliner. Best eyeliner ever!! (And less than $5.00)

Hi starry...I have yet to try their liquid liner..$5? Nice price.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #115
falloutmk

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ze, Zir, or She, her, ect if needed.
Relationship Status:
Single, Poly, and happy.

falloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputationfalloutmk Has the BEST Reputation

I like the Sinful Professional Nail Color and really did not like the Essie nail polish I got to spoil myself...
Which is silly since Sinful averages around $2 and Essie nail color cost my $9 with a coupon...

Can anyone tell what the big deal over Essie nail color is?
falloutmk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falloutmk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #116
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutmk View Post
I like the Sinful Professional Nail Color and really did not like the Essie nail polish I got to spoil myself...
Which is silly since Sinful averages around $2 and Essie nail color cost my $9 with a coupon...

Can anyone tell what the big deal over Essie nail color is?

Yeah...I know exactly what you mean. Essie has always chipped on me, the same day. The same with the "Nicole" nail laquer. I do not know why.
For the price of each of those in a drugstore, I can get O.P.I or Orly in a beauty supply store, (which is of much higher quality, w/ the latest season's shades) for the same price, if not less.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #117
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I grew up using Noxzema face products for my face. I realized early that I have sensitive skin and did not like washing my face. I now use products from L'Occitane en Provence. Their products are organic and don't make my skin break out. I love their Shea 8% face soap and Precious serum and cream. The creams are $58 a bottle but last me almost six to seven months. For my makeup I like Mac's studio fix powder, again it will last me almost eight months. I love Avon's smooth minerals mascara and their creamy oatmeal wash.

Zimmeh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #118
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi starry...I have yet to try their liquid liner..$5? Nice price.
Thanks for the heads-up.
I swear by it too and normally the liquid liners are hell for me!
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #119
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post
I swear by it too and normally the liquid liners are hell for me!
Yep! Me too. I hated them until this one. I get a perfect line and they come in lots of cool colors! :-)

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #120
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
Yep! Me too. I hated them until this one. I get a perfect line and they come in lots of cool colors! :-)
You can get the liquid liner in colors? I only saw black. I've seen the eyeliner pencils in a ton of colors though - have you tried these?
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote