tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Please--Emergency Super Bowl Help!

Tiny Son has become obsessed with football. I don't know why I'm surprised. I mean, I was married to an Ohio State line coach, slept with the Packers' current defensive coordinator, and dated two San Diego Charger cornerbacks, but all that was before Tiny Son was born! And none of them were the donor!

Now, Tiny Son has invited 4 friends over to watch the Super Bowl. I got Giants plates and napkins and cups. I planned for healthy and unhealthy snacks. We figured we'd move the big flat-screen TV he got from Grandpa for Christmas out into the living room.

And that's when I realized the problem: we don't have cable. We have a TV only for use with the Wii. We can't stream football from online onto our TV. We have no Super Bowl.

SO. Can anyone help me with suggestions or information? Like, can I pick up FOX though the air anymore or did that go the way of "party lines"? Can I buy just the Super Bowl anywhere? Can I.... ??? Help! Anything!

Thanks, tapu
Old 01-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Tiny Son has become obsessed with football. I don't know why I'm surprised. I mean, I was married to an Ohio State line coach, slept with the Packers' current defensive coordinator, and dated two San Diego Charger cornerbacks, but all that was before Tiny Son was born! And none of them were the donor!

Now, Tiny Son has invited 4 friends over to watch the Super Bowl. I got Giants plates and napkins and cups. I planned for healthy and unhealthy snacks. We figured we'd move the big flat-screen TV he got from Grandpa for Christmas out into the living room.

And that's when I realized the problem: we don't have cable. We have a TV only for use with the Wii. We can't stream football from online onto our TV. We have no Super Bowl.

SO. Can anyone help me with suggestions or information? Like, can I pick up FOX though the air anymore or did that go the way of "party lines"? Can I buy just the Super Bowl anywhere? Can I.... ??? Help! Anything!

Thanks, tapu
The Super Bowl is on NBC this year. Sometimes you can just pick up local affiliate channels like that by making sure your tv is plugged in and turned on. It is not a PPV event. You can also watch it on your computer streaming it live.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Check first with the local stations in your area to make sure you can pick up their digital broadcasts. If you are within their range, you will need to buy a digital receiver for your TV (unless it already has one) in order to pick up local stations such as FOX. Best Buy or Radio Shack can help you with this. It's simple and you will get all non-cable, local stations that are broadcasting in digital.

Good Luck!!

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Ah. Both posts very helpful. I'm going to go play around with the tv now and see how it bears out. back soon.

thank you!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Not to be a party pooper but...

Wasn't the super bowl last Sunday?

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

If your TV is newer than 2007 (which it sounds like it is) then you shouldn't need a digital converter as TVs made after that are required to have a digital tuner built-in; so check your TV channels before spending the money on a converter.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
Not to be a party pooper but...

Wasn't the super bowl last Sunday?

Princess,

I only know this because I get Entertainment Weekly: it is on February 5th, next Sunday and yes, it usually is in January.

Hugs

Signed,

Sister non-football watching femme

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Princess,

I only know this because I get Entertainment Weekly: it is on February 5th, next Sunday and yes, it usually is in January.

Hugs

Signed,

LOL. Yeah, i have since been told it has not been played yet. But, truly that was my original thought.

Tapu, the position you are in is sooooooooooo something i would get myself into. To add to that, as i've stated, i would most likely have the party on the wrong week anyway.

I'm glad you are getting some good advice here. This site is just a plethora of knowledge.

Maya Angelou
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Princess,

Hugs

Signed,

:Whispers: Actually, usually it falls the first week of February.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

I stand corrected:

Super Bowl Sunday is played on the first Sunday in February. Championship is determined for winning teams from the prior year.

Year Super Bowl Sunday
2009 February 1
2010 February 7
2011 February 6
2012 February 5
2013 February 3
2014 February 2
2015 February 1

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Quote:
I stand corrected:

Super Bowl Sunday is played on the first Sunday in February. Championship is determined for winning teams from the prior year.

Year Super Bowl Sunday
2009 February 1
2010 February 7
2011 February 6
2012 February 5
2013 February 3
2014 February 2
2015 February 1
These are great stats to remember. I did know it was always cold when they played.

Gosh, it seems like everyone has been going on and on about this for forever. I just assumed it was over by now. But, i've been at work the last few days and haven't watched TV.

Ok, now we are all on the same page. Again, plethora of knowledge around here. I will hold my head high knowing i am no long "football challenged".

Maya Angelou
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

Quote:

I stand corrected:

Year Super Bowl Sunday
2009 February 1
2010 February 7
2011 February 6
2012 February 5
Quote:
These are great stats to remember. I did know it was always cold when they played.

Ok, now we are all on the same page. Again, plethora of knowledge around here.

Last edited by tapu; 01-30-2012 at 09:48 AM.
tapu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tapu For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Spring Training is Just Around the Corner

Pitchers and catchers report on February 19 for my team. Go Yankees!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Excuse me please but aren't there laws against serving healthy food on Super Bowl Sunday?

would have to see anyone getting arrested.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Oh god.

I guess there IS such a thang as a baseball widow as well.

Still dislike the yankee uniforms btw.

Maya Angelou
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #16
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oh god.

I guess there IS such a thang as a baseball widow as well.

Still dislike their uniforms btw.

You can call me those days, because I don't get into the baseball
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #17
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Please. Don't confuse us.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #18
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Excuse me please but aren't there laws against serving healthy food on Super Bowl Sunday?

would have to see anyone getting arrested.

And by "healthy," I mean the regular, green Mt. Dew, not the amped up blue one.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #19
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Please. Don't confuse us.
Confuse us??? HA!!!!

Like THAT could be done.

Did you find out if you can get that box and get the game yet?

We are very worried and i agree with Sassy and i'm glad you are going "green" for the famous day and event.

That's the spirit!!!!

What time are we to show up? I will wear colors for both teams so i will be a winner either way.

Maya Angelou
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Good news for you, Princess!! Their colors are the same! Which means I really won't know who is who doing what, but I have learned to just smile enigmatically until someone gives me a clue as to what just happened. (Can other people really find the ball in those action scenes??)

As for you all coming, OMG, now that would be worth all this. Of course, Tiny Son would die a thousand deaths, but at least Mama would have a good time with it.