Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #321
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I loved The Help. Great story and great acting throughout. Viola Davis is mesmerizing - so much conveyed by her face. I want to see her in more. I want to see Dolphin Tales and Ides of March. Thank you for the recommendation, Jagg.

A student kept telling me to see a film that came in 2004 called, Something the Lord Made with Alan Rickman and Mos Def. He thought I'd enjoy the story set in Baltimore and at my alma mater. He was right. Rickman is his usual awesome, and I would love to see Mos Def in much more. Def blew me away in this excellent story that's highly recommended.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #322
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

I love, love, loved this movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
I loved The Help. Great story and great acting throughout. Viola Davis is mesmerizing - so much conveyed by her face. I want to see her in more. I want to see Dolphin Tales and Ides of March. Thank you for the recommendation, Jagg.

A student kept telling me to see a film that came in 2004 called, Something the Lord Made with Alan Rickman and Mos Def. He thought I'd enjoy the story set in Baltimore and at my alma mater. He was right. Rickman is his usual awesome, and I would love to see Mos Def in much more. Def blew me away in this excellent story that's highly recommended.

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #323
Scrappy L'il Southpaw

How Do You Identify?:
Woman Full of Surprises
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unchallenged Bedhog

Scrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST ReputationScrappy L'il Southpaw Has the BEST Reputation
Default Movie Theater

If we're talking movie theater, it was Planet of the Apes: Rise of the Apes.

The only thing that I hated was that I was watching it alone. I would have loved to have seen it with someone who had seen the original Planet of the Apes with Charleton Heston. There were parts that made me exclaim out loud!
Scrappy L'il Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scrappy L'il Southpaw For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #324
ONLY

How Do You Identify?:
well my girl calls me honeybear, sugarbear, sexy beast, hot tamale.....
Preferred Pronoun?:
female pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married to my Rare Beauty with a Beautiful Soul.....SS

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,735 Times in 679 Posts
ONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST ReputationONLY Has the BEST Reputation

Took my son out to see "Captain America" last weekend. Something he wanted to see so we went and......I really enjoyed it. Very interesting. Not type of movie I normal would go see (war movie, and don't usually enjoy movies set in times before the 70's) He really thought it was great too.

Also saw for the 3rd time "Bridesmaid". This time with friends from work. Couple of them had not seen it yet, so I brought my copy over and we even brought over bridesmaids gowns and wedding dresses Anyway, once again, totally cracked up laughing and friends thought freakin' hilarious too. Now to get my mom and maybe my sis to watch it

ONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ONLY For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #325
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

'Requiem for a Dream'

Excellent film making, top-notch acting ... but my god is it hard to watch.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #326
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
'Requiem for a Dream'

Excellent film making, top-notch acting ... but my god is it hard to watch.
Agreed! That movie f***d me up for WEEKS!

My most recent movie watch was "Hanna". Action packed thriller, worth seeing if you like the genre and you aren't particularly squeamish. Great acting, interesting storyline, suspenseful.

Synopsis (source: www.imdb.com):

"A 16-year-old who was raised by her father to be the perfect assassin is dispatched on a mission across Europe, tracked by a ruthless intelligence agent and her operatives."

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley

Last edited by QueenofSmirks; 10-08-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: spelled "Hanna" wrong... duh!
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #327
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy L'il Southpaw View Post
If we're talking movie theater, it was Planet of the Apes: Rise of the Apes.

The only thing that I hated was that I was watching it alone. I would have loved to have seen it with someone who had seen the original Planet of the Apes with Charleton Heston. There were parts that made me exclaim out loud!
I LOVE the original Planet of the Apes movies! I even have a few of them on VHS tape! LOL

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #328
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Dark Victory
Old 10-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #329
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Today I saw back-to-back :

Red (Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, Richard Dreyfus, John Malkovich), an action-packed cloak & dagger "comedy"...

Swing Kids (Robert Sean Leonard *Dr. Wilson from House M.D.*, Christian Bale, Noah Wyle), Docu-Drama about the underground movement of Swing Kids during Nazi Germany's reign, slightly a coming-of-age and realization account mixed with History of Nazi Germany and a dash of Swing Music and it's powerful influence on their dissenting youth, with consequence...

{btw, I loved the original Planet of the Apes, I wish they'd give 'em all, or most anyways, when they decide to show 'em...I do wanna see the latest , I was told it felt more like Matthew Brodericks Project X than the originals, I'd like to form my own opinion though.}
Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #330
LediskoLove99

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently neurotic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

LediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST ReputationLediskoLove99 Has the BEST Reputation

The last movie I watched was The Ring, I'm not a huge movie fan. In fact I usually can't stand to watch them, don't have the patience to wait for the ending haha. But once in a while I get a strong urge to watch a movie and I haven't seen The Ring in forever so I though it would be nice to watch it. That and Underworld I always return to those when I'm in the mood for a movie.

The only time I really watch one is when I'm spending time with my best friend and she wants to watch one. It's a great excuse for best friend cuddles. Which she owes me next time I see her haha.
LediskoLove99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #331
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ides of March

Has anyone seen this yet? I would be curious to know what you thought.

SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #332
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.

A year in the life of a West Virginia family.

Showtime and Netflix.

Fascinating Documentary.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #333
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I want to see Courageous and 50/50 anyone see those ?
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #334
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Just got back from seeing Ides. Not a great movie, but worth watching. Nothing new or particularly thoughtful about politics and campaigns. But still interesting to watch the characters struggle with their decisions and the consequences. Paul Giamatti was amazing. Ryan Gosling too. i had no idea he was such a strong actor. i love Philip Seymour Hoffman, and he was good. But it wasn't really a role he could shine in. My favorite similar role of his is in Charlie Wilson's War.

God, Clooney looks so much like his father as he ages. I recall watching his father as a news anchor in Cincinnati for many years. The film is set in Cincinnati, and it was interesting to see the bridge and parts of the city although i swear i saw Detroit at one point (??????). It also had a scene at the college my dad got his MA at. I used to go with him to classes sometimes. That was kewl. So I might have liked it more for those associations.

One thing that bugged me was a scene supposedly shot at Dayton Community College. There is no such place. The community college in Dayton is called Sinclair. My dad taught there and so did I. i kinda wished they had named it. But they named Xavier, which gave me a big wahoo moment.

There is one plot twist which is contrived and unnecessary, and, as i said, none of it is original. But it was well done and serious. Worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
Has anyone seen this yet? I would be curious to know what you thought.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #335
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Not to long ago we had movie night around hear,I have a fixation on the old Godzillla movies( back when it was a guy in a rubber suit) so me a some old buddys stayed up most of the night watching then and some old Lon Chaney,
Christopher Cummings horror movies.I really dig old movies.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #336
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
Agreed! That movie f***d me up for WEEKS!

My most recent movie watch was "Hanna". Action packed thriller, worth seeing if you like the genre and you aren't particularly squeamish. Great acting, interesting storyline, suspenseful.

Synopsis (source: www.imdb.com):

"A 16-year-old who was raised by her father to be the perfect assassin is dispatched on a mission across Europe, tracked by a ruthless intelligence agent and her operatives."

I just watched 'Hanna' last night!

I thought it was great. Really fantastic cinematography & sound design. The writing and acting were both quite good too.

It reminded me of watching 'La Femme Nikita' for the first time.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #337
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

To answer a Question asked, Yep I enjoyed both Red and Swing Kids ...

Sparkle, french version I'm guessing...Point of No Return was ok, with bridget fonda, kind of "Americanized" but almost ..in my opinion, Plagiarized....
I loved La Femme Nikita...

I'm trying to grab the movie "Hanna" through those 1$ rentals....Damn u College town !!
I'm waiting for Zookeeper with Kevin James, and Fast 5....I also wanna see 50/50 for the Plot and how the Protagonist somewhat uses "Humor" as Medicine

I rented X-Men; First Class again tonight for a bit of 'geek'-type snuggling....I figured if I saw Wolverine's "prequel" why not the Original bunch also....
It does explain a little on how and why each turned out the way they are, and of course it shows that essentially at 1 point or another they were all "Good" and friends, within the cliche of finding refuge/safety with their own Kind...
Kevin Bacon's in this one, so that add's even more to that weird 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon list.

If you're a die-hard X-men fan, you'll enjoy its 'history', wanting even more.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #338
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Last one I saw in a theater was "Contagion", it was predictable, but that's kind of the whole point.

I thoroughly enjoyed it
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #339
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

Thank you, Rook. I was the one who asked. I think I will check out Red, Swing Kids and the latest X-men.

[QUOTE=Rook;434697]To answer a Question asked, Yep I enjoyed both Red and Swing Kids ...
Old 10-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #340
Bootsandheels
Verified

How Do You Identify?:
Classic Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,858 Times in 395 Posts
Bootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST ReputationBootsandheels Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Saw "Contagion" last night, thoroughly enjoyed it although it made me and others not want to touch anything or anyone...and saw "The Help" for the second time...absolutely hands down my fav so far. Had to see "Bridesmaids" a second time just for the helluva of it, and it still made me laugh. I so want Viola Davis to be nominated for Best Actress...she practically stole the show from Meryl Streep in "Doubt" imho...and that takes some acting chutzpah!!!

Tags
film, movie