Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 08-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #61
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Bad bag pipes.

or the satellite is making them off key?
Old 08-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #62
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Palin is crying
Old 08-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #63
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
He is all excited there are helicopters and planes over he thinks to take pictures of him.
*cough bullshit cough* DC is a no fly zone.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #64
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Beck cries again.

They have raised 1.5 millin $$'s alledgedly.

I keep wondering who is filming this for CSPAN, them?
Old 08-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #65
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

So manipulative.

Someone with hands and most of face blown off to pray.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #66
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Hideous.

A hideous, manipulative revival meeting

I feel sick, in my bubble I don't always realize that nothing has changed. I say I do....but when I see it it seems too much to wrap my brain around.

I guess I will get back to laundry. I have not said a millionth of what I was thinking...but if you do read, thank you for helping me be able to watch this thing.

and.

Please vote.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #67
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I thought it was over..

Joe D Messina. America the Beautiful.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #68
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I think the final count came to about 70-75,000 (from what I've read at a variety of places). That said, I'm still not sure what the event was about.

It wasn't political.

It wasn't really religious.

I've been thinking about this and it feels like something a parent would do to tell you what you need to do in life.

It feels like an admonishment.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #69
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

In this day and age I should think people whoul have more smarts than to fall for the snake oil side show they put on,but I gess if a rable rouser can holler enough loud enough...somebody will show up to see what its all about.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #70
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I couldn't watch, my blood pressure would have hit the roof, and I needn't be yelling at the TV it only upsets my wife.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #71
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I wonder how many people actually believe this shit?
depending on who asks, how they ask and what they ask........somewhere between 25-35% of white folks in this country.......it's been that way ever since I have followed politics..........the last time this happened it was over the 'Godless communists' with Senator Joe McCarthy

that said..........the 'God sent me to do this' thing is getting truly truly scary.....really scary...this just seems really different............the lies keep being repeated and the media reports it like fact.......truth is a lie and the lie is the truth....so the media says.........
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #72
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

I can't wait to see what the Daily Show has to say about this whole thing.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #73
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I think that, since times are so tough now with unemployment, scaled back social services, people who have fallen on hard times find solace in religion. Who was it, Karl Marx who said that "Religion is the opium of the people."??

Oh, okay, here's the quote:

"Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." -- Karl Marx, Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right

~Theo~
Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #74
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

These people scare the crap out of me. I didn't watch. Beck grosses me out. Palin too - in a different way. I don't blame religion. I blame human nature. Human pack behavior. Human gullibility. Human brain-laziness. Human lack of compassion. Etc.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #75
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #76
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
depending on who asks, how they ask and what they ask........somewhere between 25-35% of white folks in this country.......it's been that way ever since I have followed politics..........the last time this happened it was over the 'Godless communists' with Senator Joe McCarthy

that said..........the 'God sent me to do this' thing is getting truly truly scary.....really scary...this just seems really different............the lies keep being repeated and the media reports it like fact.......truth is a lie and the lie is the truth....so the media says.........
I grew up with "god told me to" how does one argue with that which makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicbutch View Post
I can't wait to see what the Daily Show has to say about this whole thing.
I know...I am eat up. I can
t wait! We are taping them...Colbert too and Oberman and Rachel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I think that, since times are so tough now with unemployment, scaled back social services, people who have fallen on hard times find solace in religion. Who was it, Karl Marx who said that "Religion is the opium of the people."??

Oh, okay, here's the quote:

"Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress and the protest against real distress. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." -- Karl Marx, Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right

~Theo~
True and SCARY.
I don't agree with the part about abolishing religion to make people happy...but otherwise, I agree with Marx...Yes, I lean very far to the left, but stop at the forcing people to give it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
These people scare the crap out of me. I didn't watch. Beck grosses me out. Palin too - in a different way. I don't blame religion. I blame human nature. Human pack behavior. Human gullibility. Human brain-laziness. Human lack of compassion. Etc.
Cynthia was watching, so I watched with her.

I agree that everything falls apart when people are involved. Human nature freaks me out.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #77
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
lmaooooooooooooooooo

"you know where you are"

really????
Old 08-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #78
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I couldn't watch, my blood pressure would have hit the roof, and I needn't be yelling at the TV it only upsets my wife.
We drank 2 pots of coffee and yelled at the TV together.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #79
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oh, I wasn't trying to state that I thought religion out to be abolished. I don't believe that, but I do agree with Marx that people, as a group, tend to gravitate more to it during hard times.

We're living in terribly difficult times now. People are clinging to whatever gives them hope and religion has often filled that need. It gives solace, but at the same time, there's enough double-talk and room for interpretation in various religious scriptures to give people with lost hope plenty of license to blame or condemn others.

One of the big reasons that Hitler was so able to "hypnotize" the masses was that, after the defeat they suffered in WW1, the German people were demoralized and their country, particularly the economy, was in shambles. In this case, Hitler was able to utilize Nationalism as a tool to garner support for his extremist and evil goals. We're seeing that again, like yesterday's Beck Rally....emotionalism hyped up by appealing to the conservative American's sense of national pride, patriotism and religious convictions. Same thing happened in Nazi Germany.

I think this is what I find so squicky/scary. Yes, it is "pack mentality"....at its worst and most dangerous.

~Theo~
Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #80
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I think the final count came to about 70-75,000 (from what I've read at a variety of places). That said, I'm still not sure what the event was about.

It wasn't political.

It wasn't really religious.

I've been thinking about this and it feels like something a parent would do to tell you what you need to do in life.

It feels like an admonishment.
That's just it. There's no depth, no real concrete anything. This was the way of Palin's failed journey. Witless platitudes served upon a platter of whiteness, distortions, and a reconstructed(for their own aims) G-d. When it is over, all one can utter, really, is, huh?
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post: