Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Lesbian DELETED from High School Yearbook

http://blogout.justout.com/?p=17123

Read this article and be outraged.

Not just her PICTURE was deleted, but any MENTION of this student.

And AGAIN, from Mississippi.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

that is just fucked up
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

How does a group of adults get together and erase a childs 12 participation in something required by our society??
This to me seems like child abuse by an institutional entity!!!
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

How incredibly heartbreaking for that student.

and how incredibly heartless of those who did this.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Im pretty much AGOG lately at the hateful shit that ADULTS are doing to Gay CHILDREN. First the thing with Constance McMillan and now this?

This is just HATEFUL. Just flat-out ignorant hatefulness.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

How sad that a group of adults find they must fear a child because of who she is and what kind of clothing she chooses to wear.

I'm thinking many parts of Mississippi need protesters to shout loud and proud.......we're here to stay and never going away. We are everywhere you want to be. You don't have to love it, but you do have to live with it. We've come a long way babies.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

I am incredibly saddened over this..... How can anyone do this to a *CHILD* sick sick sick.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #9
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes I think that these people are doing this because they are so mad at the Queer/trans community for fighting for all of the rights that we deserve. "Let's just take it out on the children...that will show them!!"

This young person has been an outstanding student, yet she has been deleted from the year book. It really is sad, and you have to wonder where such hatred comes from. What are they teaching their children? It is THEIR children that will get the real wake up call when they go off to college and realize that a mindset like theirs might just be the minority way of thinking at some colleges. He/she might just get a taste of his/her own medicine, ya know?!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #10
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

People can be so hateful and mean. It just floors me every time I see something like this!!!

T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 10:14 AM   #11
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is so sad, it makes me sick to my stomach!

Is this the time when I take my signs and go stand in front of the school?

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #12
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I think this gave me a huge violent shove in my decision whether to study for LSAT.....
Old 04-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #13
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

She's really cute—great hair. Jus' sayin' because its waaaay too bad that this is happening to someone who is probably nice, loving etc.

She's needs to get out of hick Miss. and come to a place like Atlanta and start breathing.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #14
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm sick and furious!

Copiah School District

601-894-1341
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #15
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Me too, HowSoonisNow.

I've been contacted various LGBTQ groups all over Mississippi this morning, inviting them all to the Reunion and trying to find out what they need to feel more supported in fighting this bullshit in their school systems.

One person I spoke with said that calling the school district and sending letters is a great idea and also said that donating to orangizations like UnityMississippi( http://unityms.org/ ) helps them with their anti-oppression work.

I'm just sickened by the hate and homophobia from these school districts toward CHILDREN. It's one thing for adults to attack other adults (and certainly no less hurtful), but to do this to a child? To do this to someone who is still in their formative years? What kind of fucked up adult helps make a child feel like an outcast?

Im just SEETHING over this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

You've got to wonder who stormed up this brainchild of an idea.

"Ummmm, yeah....we really don't approve of her and her lifestyle, so we're going to erase her from the yearbook. That way, no one will remember the lesbian girl with the good grades. Yeah, yeah...and since she's erased, no one will find out. Yeah, yeah...and since no one will find out, we'll get away with it scot free. Yeah! Do it! Do it!"

I used to be upset with how my father deals with my identity, but now I realize...considering he grew up in MS and that mentality....of course, so did I, but I digress....he's a pretty decent guy. He disapproves, but he keeps it to himself. My dad is my very own DADT.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #17
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

yep...trudat Gemme..I got issues with my father too {not so much the MS thing}
and no offense to mississippi residents but..
i think i understand now why my mother refuses to step foot in that State [in her case it's racial issue]
Old 04-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #18
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
Copiah School District

601-894-1341

Yeah they aren't "discussing this incident" at the moment..

At least that is what I got today...

Everyday they will be getting a call from yours truly...

I hope the secretary had plenty of gum to chew cause she is gonna be one busy lady if people call...

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #19
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dear Gay..............

I just called the school district:

ME: I just read that there was a senior whose picture was deleted from the HS yearbook because she's a lesbian. Is this true?

HER: Ma'am I don't know.

ME: You don't KNOW? Seriously?

HER: No ma'am, I don't know. I don't have children in school, but I can connect you to someone who may know.

ME: Thank you!

<on hold for about 30 seconds>

HER #2: Copiah Country Schools?

ME: I just read that there was a senior whose picture was deleted from the HS yearbook because she's a lesbian. Is this true?

HER #2: Ma'am, I'm not gonna make any comment about that. You'll have to call Ms. Sturgis. (NOTE: I did not mention her name before.)

ME: Seriously? You can't answer that question for me? I'm not a reporter. I just wanted to verify that what I had read was accurate.

HER #2: You'll have to talk to Ms. Sturgis. Good bye.

<click>

ME:

<making signs>

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #20
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

i honestly think legally pursuing this is the better way ...
calling with intent to Protest might not help much..
they can say you're harrassing...
mind u, protesting is an eye-opener for many, but...it's as effective as those people who called anonymously to medgar evans, Malcolm x, and a few suffragists {no, i'm not equating since i know most calls are not anonymous or insulting, im saying it's as effective..which means, i doubt it'll be beneficial to the cause.}