Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 04-05-2011, 03:16 AM   #1
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default storm damage

Blade just called to say there are power lines down over several major highways and standing water in places where its hard to see. If you are heading out, please be careful!!!!! Thank goodness for cell phones and flashlights!! BE SAFE!!!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
Blade just called to say there are power lines down over several major highways and standing water in places where its hard to see. If you are heading out, please be careful!!!!! Thank goodness for cell phones and flashlights!! BE SAFE!!!
Thanks Punkin' - this is going to be an interesting drive for sure! Looks like every route available to me out of town to Concord is blocked in one fashion or another. Guess i'll be leaving early and arriving late. From the way things sound Cabarrus County is a mess. (Sticking my phone on the charger...)

We really got nailed over here on my side of Charlotte. How is everything out your way?

Lighting candles of protection for everyone in the path of this storm.

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Mecklenburg. Union and Anson got/are getting slammed. Duke power noted 200,000 without power. Ours went out 2 hours ago. I can't find clear route to work on news/traffic site. Called in to say I will wait till daylight. HEAVY WINDS!! BE CAREFUL!! ...... lucky u, I can't charge phone or take shower. KEEP YOUR EMERGENCY KITS HANDY!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #4
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Mecklenburg. Union and Anson got/are getting slammed. Duke power noted 200,000 without power. Ours went out 2 hours ago. I can't find clear route to work on news/traffic site. Called in to say I will wait till daylight. HEAVY WINDS!! BE CAREFUL!! ...... lucky u, I can't charge phone or take shower. KEEP YOUR EMERGENCY KITS HANDY!!
It's crazy - the TV news says go to their web site for traffic updates...try to navigate that! i dare you! Heck, i double dog dare you!

So frustrating!
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Yes it was an ugly ride to work. Power line was down on HWY 200 north and at the intersection of 74 and 200. A tree was across our road on the other end. I didn't have any trouble going to work. Oddly enough I slept threw the whole storm until I got up to get ready for work and the power went off. LOL

Funny thing was I got up and went potty, then asked Sweet did she have her alarm set. Then I said did it ever storm last night? She said yes it's storming right now....then crack snapple pop and the power was out.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

my family in New Orleans got hit hard... power outages and major hail.

sheesh
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

My brother was still cleaning up from thursday so was I. It rained more and nasty wind this morning. The last of tree that took greenhouse went down. As did the greenhouse itself.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

I got woke up at 2:30am by a 60 pound baby laying shivering on top of me. I was trying to breathe and laugh at the same time, then here come the 20 pound one just a shivering too, he was pacing all around the house til he sawwwww, Daddy's awake!!!!! yippee!!!! Finally I had to put them in their kennels, which oddly enough, is where I think they wanted to be in the first place cuz they ran right in, lil shits, see if I'm nice next time there's a storm brewing. Damage wise - all it did was blow a few old limbs out of a few trees and blow my flag pole out of the bracket. I know the area was hard hit and we were lucky down here in southern Union County. My heart goes out to those who lost homes due to large trees coming down on them and the injured.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

wow........ just now reading all this ....... glad you all are safe and sound.
miss scarlett .. please stay safe out there.........
and Blade......

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #10
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

So happy to see all my friends and family made it through safe... things/items/cars can be replaced, but friends and family can not....
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
So happy to see all my friends and family made it through safe... things/items/cars can be replaced, but friends and family can not....
Amen Sis!

Interesting drive home - the traffic lights that were out this morning were still out this evening. Fortunately the one up at University that was literally hanging by a single wire had been repaired.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #12
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You're so right about that!
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Peeps out........is everyone alright again......I missed the storm last night was above Concord, but could hear the rumbles from inside the mall, and watched the news and saw the damages. Ahhhhhhhhhhh spring time in the south!

The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #14
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Peeps out........is everyone alright again......I missed the storm last night was above Concord, but could hear the rumbles from inside the mall, and watched the news and saw the damages. Ahhhhhhhhhhh spring time in the south!
Oh but it was soooo much fun - NOT....i drove home during the early part of it...poor Barbie was tossed all over by the wind...the lightning was unbelieveable! i know better and should have gotten my sparkly tail home before the storms...
Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
You forgot....another storm hit over our heads when you were getting ready for bed... remember? I made you fill a bucket of water so we could flush toilets if the power went out again.

I hope all our peeps are safe, dry and cozy....I worry so for everyone.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #16
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
You forgot....another storm hit over our heads when you were getting ready for bed... remember? I made you fill a bucket of water so we could flush toilets if the power went out again.

oh yes, I will never again forget to fill up a bucket of water for toilet flushing again.........shakes head while walking off mumbling something about shittin in the woods, and bears and squirrels and

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Quote:
oh yes, I will never again forget to fill up a bucket of water for toilet flushing again.........shakes head while walking off mumbling something about shittin in the woods, and bears and squirrels and
Ummmm...Blade...flushing is very important to ladies...and for doing certain things out in the woods...when Mother Nature gets indoor plumbing...well, you know how i feel about that...
Old 04-16-2011, 06:57 AM   #18
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Listening to the news this morning.... and sitting here watching the storm roll our way.... I'm worried about all our friends again.
Hope everyone is safe?

The news made me so sad. Especially about that poor father with his baby daughter and mother with her young son. It breaks my heart to see the old man cry as he told the news he'd lost the home he lived in for 40 years.

All our BFP Family are in my thoughts and heart.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #19
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

While at Griswold's today we learned that the roof was ripped off of the building at the fair grounds and it looked like a road trailer on the grounds was flipped, they say it was a tornado. If it was and I believe it was, it skipped all the businesses from the fair grounds out to the highway and bounced around in the Lowes parking lot and distroyed all but 2 of the little buildings in the parking lot then it jumped out in the county and tore the roof off of some poultry houses.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #20
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
While at Griswold's today we learned that the roof was ripped off of the building at the fair grounds and it looked like a road trailer on the grounds was flipped, they say it was a tornado. If it was and I believe it was, it skipped all the businesses from the fair grounds out to the highway and bounced around in the Lowes parking lot and distroyed all but 2 of the little buildings in the parking lot then it jumped out in the county and tore the roof off of some poultry houses.
But y'all are OK out there tonight?