Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 06:28 AM   #3021
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

The documentary "For the Bible Tells Me So" has just started on the Sundance Channel. We hosted this film as part of Pride Charlotte in the past but I was never able to attend the showings.

This morning I've decided to sit down and watch it.

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #3022
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

that my baby niece is theeeeee most adorable sweet lil girl ever...
my stepsister arrived yesterday and i very rarely get to spend time with my niece because they live in another province..

she was 1 yr old in May, and she's grown sooo sooo much!!
and she's so smart like her Auntie syl !

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #3023
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Ah, what the hell.. Bo IS great!!!

Yayyyyyy!!! At least I got ONE buddy.

We are buddies, right?????
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Bo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #3024
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Ever present wonderment.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #3025
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

my conversation last night, listening to her talk to me
i felt every ounce of compassion

Equal
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #3026
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

It might not seem so but I am trying. Too much? Too little?
I am not good at this stuff.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #3027
Scota_Parisi

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mz.
Relationship Status:
Houston, we have landed.

Scota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST ReputationScota_Parisi Has the BEST Reputation

Five years ago this month, I began the process of "coming out" by telling my husband (of 12 years). He then helped me by angrily outing me to our families and a few of our friends. His gay brother tried to tell me that I was coming out "too late" for women that come out in their later years. My very lesbian (and quite lesbian chic) therapist told "I don't think you are gay." She of course was no different than the women I met when I was younger in the military. Apparently being pretty wasn't gay enough for them. Wanting to wear my heels, my makeup and my hair stylish - wasn't militant lesbian enough.

Then there was "The Butch" who really was just one of those militant lesbians styling herself as butch. She said she wanted to help me understand what a real lesbian is, all the while purporting to tell me what a "Femme's" role was. She, in all honestly, was a lazy woman who wanted someone to clean and pick up after her all the time while hiding behind the Butch Femme status.

Thinking a lot lately about the road that led me to this point.. to here. Have had a lot of Butch / Femme friends come and go over the past few years. Met some wonderful BF couples, that have shown me the amazing possibilities out there.

Dated one woman who will never come out. Not that you couldn't tell by looking at her, but she just won't. Fear of family and her church - she came out to me. We've been close friends practically our entire life. It turned out, that I was safe for her. Safe can leave a person very lonely. And lonely hurts in a whole variety of ways. Safe can also lead you to dark areas, you never thought you'd tread. I don't require that my partner be screaming in the streets, but it was hard when my Dad died and she was there in a "just friends" capacity. Likewise when hers passed away. How could one mourn, worried that someone "might see"?

Yep, I've met a couple of you who in the end, broke my heart. But truthfully, as painful as it was, that had never happened before. The closest thing I could ever relate to it up until I came out, was anything involving my children. And for the joy of feeling love, I will hang on to the roller coaster with all my strength.

To know and feel love and feel that love being returned.. FINALLY... feel it. Yeah, it hurts like hell sometimes - but.. life's funny - and .. I have come out of all of these things ... better for them.

The best is yet to come. I tuck my memories in a special place in my heart.

They make me who I am today, a kick ass, beautiful femme !!!

{/scota tangent off}

"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had."
---Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Scota_Parisi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scota_Parisi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #3028
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

What is on my mind is how come people lie to cover their true self. I guess that they haven't grown up yet. I just don't know.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #3029
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

a swim and a soak in the jacuzzi with trashy mags
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #3030
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Well, day 2 of giving the cats their new medicine and I only got a little scratch on my forehead from one of them. I washed and got the peroxide right away. Good thing I'm still taking antibiotics. Only 8 more days of chasing 13 cats all over the house to give them pills. Dang, I'm tired already. It takes 2 of us to get the pills down them and they aren't any happier about it than we are. I certainly hope when it's all over that we don't have to go through it again. I want Shadow and Mama Kitty better and whichever one is the carrier. I'm just sorry we have to medicate all of them because of it. Poor Webster peed himself, he was so scared when I grabbed him. He's the kitty that doesn't like to be touched by people. He's been that way from the time we trapped him as a baby with his brothers. So, between the cats and mowing this weekend, I'm certainly getting a workout. My poor aching back and another reason to pop another kind of pill into my mouth.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #3031
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I should be in bed now but I'm totally wired. I need to find a way to bottle this energy so I can pull it out tomorrow, when I fall into my late morning slump.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #3032
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Being Butch is hard...
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #3033
fiercegrrl
In Memory Of

How Do You Identify?:
fierce femme grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
beautiful, pumpkin, princess, sweet pea, babygirl
Relationship Status:
i don't think it's in the stars for me.

fiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm gonna pretend I'm feeling ok for a couple if hours then I'm probably gonna take myself to the ER. I haven't kept and food water or water or meds down since Thursday. and since I can't get this nausea under control it's time to get someone else to give it a go.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #3034
*Magic_and_Silk*

How Do You Identify?:
femme with a fetish for beautiful dresses.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, Miss, girl, Red...
Relationship Status:
single

*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation*Magic_and_Silk* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercegrrl View Post
I'm gonna pretend I'm feeling ok for a couple if hours then I'm probably gonna take myself to the ER. I haven't kept and food water or water or meds down since Thursday. and since I can't get this nausea under control it's time to get someone else to give it a go.
I hope you will be okay soon!

That is too long to go without water. I wouldn't wait.

My joy in life comes from the Journey.

*Magic_and_Silk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #3035
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Texas GOP Platform--wtf.

The 2010 GOP platform in Texas supports laws that criminalize sodomy and suggests that straight people who support same-sex marriage should be penalized with jail time.The GOP platform was quoted as openly stating:

“We oppose the legalization of sodomy. We demand that Congress exercise its authority granted by the U.S. constitution to withhold jurisdiction from the federal courts from cases involving sodomy,” the GOP platform reads. Meaning that even though the U.S. Supreme Court overturned sodomy laws last decade (ironically in a case that stemmed from Texas), Texas Republicans would like the state to have the power to criminalize LGBT folks for having sex.

“We support legislation that would make it a felony to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple and for any civil official to perform a marriage ceremony for such,” reads the GOP platform.

If a straight person were to aid and abet a gay couple with marriage in Texas, th GOP would like to see that person serve mandatory jail time.

“We believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit, and leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases,” the platform reads.

http://gltnewsnow.com/2010/06/19/tex...rt-gay-rights/

http://www.1888932-2946.ws/TexasGOP/...T_PLATFORM.pdf
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #3036
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

We live an hour away from each other and yesterday "J" worked a twelve hour day, went home made sure kids were ok, and took them to their dads, and drove over here to spend time with me... I cooked her spaghettie, texas garlic toast, and brownie since she loves chocolate.. Made a her a bubble bath, and let her relax.. She passed out dead asleep for 12 hours. Then when she woke up she looked at me with those beautiful eyes and smiled that beautiful smile, and I melted all over again...

On my mind is that and how funny it is that once I revamped my list, someone who I thought I would never date completely takes my breath away....
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #3037
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
The 2010 GOP platform in Texas supports laws that criminalize sodomy and suggests that straight people who support same-sex marriage should be penalized with jail time.The GOP platform was quoted as openly stating:

“We oppose the legalization of sodomy. We demand that Congress exercise its authority granted by the U.S. constitution to withhold jurisdiction from the federal courts from cases involving sodomy,” the GOP platform reads. Meaning that even though the U.S. Supreme Court overturned sodomy laws last decade (ironically in a case that stemmed from Texas), Texas Republicans would like the state to have the power to criminalize LGBT folks for having sex.

“We support legislation that would make it a felony to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple and for any civil official to perform a marriage ceremony for such,” reads the GOP platform.

If a straight person were to aid and abet a gay couple with marriage in Texas, th GOP would like to see that person serve mandatory jail time.

“We believe that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit, and leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases,” the platform reads.

I will never set foot in that god awful state again in my life.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #3038
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

I am so glad you posted this HSIN. It is a perfect example of what I tell people who tell me that they vote for the candidate not the party.

We have to remember that each party has a platform and no matter how much we may like a certain candidate, it all boils down to the party's platform and ideology.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #3039
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Why don't drivers pull over for ambulances, fire trucks, and police cars?

Why don't drivers pull over and let those in funeral processions stay together?
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #3040
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wolfy

Being u are giveing the cats meds have u tryed geting a syringe and crushing the pills and mixing them in some cream or milk.Then just slide the syrings in the corner of the mouth and squirting the meds in.do make shure u crush the pills real good and the hole at then end of the syringe is big enough for the meds to get through.Or mix it with some food they like and see if they will eat it.This works for me when I need to give my fur kids meds they dont want.Good luck buddy.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: