Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 10-05-2020, 06:35 PM   #441
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Near the end of a week in which he begged supporters to donate money to his campaign for a second time, embattled Senator Lindsey Graham took to the debate stage on Saturday to face his opponent in the race to represent South Carolina in the Senate.

Senator Graham is tied with Democratic challenger Jaime Harrison at 48 per cent each, according to the latest Quinnipiac University poll, in a race that has become unexpectedly competitive and could play a role in flipping control of the Senate.

Mr Harrison has seen a surge in donations since the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the incumbent Graham’s u-turn on his previous pledge to not fill a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year.

Reportedly $9m was donated to the Democrat in the three days following Justice Ginsburg’s death.

When the subject of the Court came up in the debate at Columbia’s Allen University, Mr Harrison said that listening to the senator flip-flop on the issue reminded him of playing Monopoly with his young son: “He changes the rules every [chance] he gets.”

Accusing the Senator of going back on his word on the issue to the American people and the people of South Carolina, Mr Harrison called it the “greatest heresy” you can do as a public servant is to betray the trust of the people.

“Just be a man about it,” he said, “and stand up and say, ‘You know what? I changed my mind. I’m going to do something else.’ But don’t go back and blame it on somebody else for a flip-flop that you’re making yourself.”

As the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Mr Graham is at the heart of efforts by the Trump administration to install Judge Amy Coney Barrett before election day, and certainly before inauguration day.

Senator Graham even referred to the appointment in a response about the coronavirus pandemic — a tactic he employed a number of times in what seemed to be a strategy of trying to scare the electorate away from Mr Harrison and the “radical left”.

Mr Harrison retorted at one point: “What we haven’t seen with Senator Graham and Senate Republicans is the same urgency to pass Covid relief like they are trying to ram through a Supreme Court nominee.”
I just saw a brief clip of this debate, and from what they showed, Harrison wiped the floor with Graham IMHO
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:13 PM   #442
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default At least SHE has some brains and concern for others.....

Melania Trump reportedly refused to leave Covid-19 isolation in order to keep from infecting Secret Service agents.

Melania Trump did not visit the president in hospital because she didn't want to expose Secret Service agents to the risk of coronavirus, according to reports.

Quoting an anonymous White House official, NBC News reported the first lady remained in isolation on the weekend over concerns of spreading the Covid-19 infection.

"She has Covid," the official told NBC News on Saturday. "That would expose the agents who would drive her there and the medical staff who would walk her up to him."

Ms Trump tweeted her support for medical staff and caretakers on Monday morning as she gave an update on her condition, saying she will continue to rest at home.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:23 PM   #443
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=homoe;1275992]Melania Trump reportedly refused to leave Covid-19 isolation in order to keep from infecting Secret Service agents.

Melania Trump did not visit the president in hospital because she didn't want to expose Secret Service agents to the risk of coronavirus, according to reports."

I suspect the real reason is that she'd kill the SOB for the risk he's brought to her and Barron.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #444
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,466 Times in 742 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default must be

Watching MSNBC tonight I have to agree with Anand Giriharadas that the head of the snake must be removed. Here is an earlier quote by Girihara “He hosted a super-spreader event to honor a justice who would have the government control your body but refuse the duty to care for it, and when the virus he helped go around came around, he availed of the healthcare he would deny others, financed by the taxes he refuses to pay.” Sounds about right to me.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #445
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Lindsey Graham, in a dead heat with Senate challenger, pleads for help..

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I just saw a brief clip of this debate, and from what they showed, Harrison wiped the floor with Graham IMHO
With less than a month until Election Day, Sen. Lindsey Graham’s reelection bid, once thought to be a walkover, is now considered a toss-up, as his Democratic opponent, Jaime Harrison, continues to rake in and spend cash.

In late September, Graham started appearing on Fox News repeatedly, begging for conservatives to help him keep up with Harrison. “I’m getting overwhelmed,” he told host Sean Hannity. “LindseyGraham.com. Help me. They’re killing me, money-wise. Help me. You helped me last week — help me again. LindseyGraham.com.”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2020, 05:40 PM   #446
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Susan Collins lets loose with her career on the line.....

Susan Collins generally keeps an even keel. But she’s had it with Sara Gideon.
“She will say or do anything to try to win,” Collins said when asked of her opponent during a wide-ranging 30-minute interview in her Capitol quarters last week. “This race is built on a foundation of falsehoods. And trying to convince the people of Maine that somehow I am no longer the same person.”

Collins wasn’t done as she accused Gideon of “defaming my reputation and attacking my integrity” in their increasingly nasty race. For good measure, the Maine Republican added that Gideon’s campaign was being run as an arm of Chuck Schumer’s Washington operation, scolded Gideon, the statehouse speaker, for not reconvening the legislature amid the pandemic and challenged Gideon’s handling of a sexual misconduct scandal.

I'd say, according to the above clip, Susan soiled her own integrity by not keeping her word about serving ONLY two terms........
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2020, 07:22 PM   #447
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

VP Pence is an idiot and deaf ~ he can't hear how stupid he sounds ~~ back to the debate.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:46 PM   #448
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

The debate kicked off on my drive home. Npr coverage.

Geeeeeez. Pence talks over both the moderator and Senator Harris. Wtf.

Can you hear the ominous roar of a gigantic 'blue wave', yet?

I do.

I am positive that American voters will deliver a big news flash soon.

I read tonight that Joe Biden has crossed the threshold, in terms of an electoral count. 270. That is positive news.

Me too (watch vp debate).

Go Biden, Go Harris!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 09:01 AM   #449
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
VP Pence is an idiot and deaf ~ he can't hear how stupid he sounds ~~ back to the debate.

And IF I didn't know any better I'd swear that Pence was "charlie mccarthy" and Trump was working the voice control!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 09:31 AM   #450
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Trump's erratic behaviour

A word to the wise, Melania: get away from him.

"Eventually, untreated syphilis can lead to damage to the brain, eyes, heart, nerves, bones, joints, and liver. You could also become paralyzed, blind, demented, or lose feeling in the body."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #451
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Why can't they fix it so during a debate if a candidate doesn't stop talking 10 seconds after being warned they just turn their mic off. It's just ridiculous already. They can make it part of the rules you must agree to if you want to debate.

Trump would have a fit but his last debate was a fucking shit show. I mean it's not really a debate if one party refuses to abide by the rules of conduct for a debate. Don't bother having debates if you can't control them.

And what is this shit where you can use the time you are allotted to talk about a previous question instead of the current issue at hand. If you really had to abide by the rules you wouldn't waste your time like that because you couldn't make it up by stealing more time. You would stay on point. That's what makes debating an art, a challenge, that's what makes a good debater. Not just steal time and have your say no matter what. Practice being more concise and live with your choices.

Instead it's about who's a big thug, who doesn't care about equality and fairness, who is completely without a sense of fair play, who is a shameless, arrogant, mansplainer, that's who gets to have more time to make their case. But I guess if those are the kinds of qualities people want in a leader then the choice is clear. Hopefully they prefer someone who understands how to play by the rules, shows a sense of fairness in their interactions with others, and in the case of Biden vs Trump can speak in complete sentences.

I guess I just needed to rant.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 09:52 AM   #452
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Kamala Harris beat Pence soundly. He got a few "zingers" in I guess but the fly stuck to his hair said it all. His condescending attitude toward Harris and the moderator won't do the Trump-Pence ticket any favors with women voters.

The debate commission has announced the next debate between Biden and Trump will be a virtual event for safety purposes. Trump is refusing to participate. I'm sure there are more twists and turns ahead with that.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2020, 03:38 PM   #453
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Trump's erratic behaviour

A word to the wise, Melania: get away from him.

"Eventually, untreated syphilis can lead to damage to the brain, eyes, heart, nerves, bones, joints, and liver. You could also become paralyzed, blind, demented, or lose feeling in the body."
Did or Does Trump have syphilis ?
Old 10-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #454
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Patient confidentiality, nondisclosure agreements, payoffs...I guess we'll never know. But it's as good a conspiracy theory as any other.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #455
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Gilead here we come!

These 5 far-right extremist groups could pose a national security threat in the run up to the election

https://www.alternet.org/2020/10/her...eat-in-the-us/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2020, 08:46 AM   #456
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Surprise: Trump does not win Nobel Peace Prize.

"The United Nations food agency, the World Food Programme (WFP), won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for its efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas."

Someone has to tell Trump so he can restart his hate campaign against the UN for ignoring the "nomination" that he kept bragging about.

I guess they are serious about the word "peace".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2020, 09:16 AM   #457
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

A little perspective on what took place at the VP Debate.

https://theglowup.theroot.com/the-si...ing-1845313016

The Significance of 'I'm Speaking'
Maiysha Kai
Yesterday 3:07PM

Now that we have your attention.

We can talk about the fly, the facts (or lack thereof), the facial expressions, or the ineffectualness of yet another debate moderator, but what should never be forgotten in the midst of the many eyebrow-raising moments in Wednesday night’s vice-presidential debates is that no matter what you think of Kamala Harris, she made history on that stage as the first woman of color to come so close to holding such a high seat of power.

It was a point the current vice president, Mike Pence, made a point of acknowledging, offering up this milestone as a conciliatory gesture; his own sense of entitlement too entrenched to mask the tinge of condescension in his delivery. Even if the compliment seemed genuine to some, Pence’s behavior clearly communicated otherwise, as he repeatedly lied pontificated over any and all half-hearted attempts USA Today’s Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page made to moderate. He did not hesitate to interrupt and interject into several of Harris’ responses, as well, making it clear he considered her less an opponent than an inconvenience, as David Frum noted in the Atlantic:
"At the core of the Trump political project is the reassertion of dominance over the historically dominated by the historically dominant. That reassertion of dominance was Pence’s supreme project at this debate too. Pence did not imitate his boss’s manic and undisciplined—and ultimately catastrophically unsuccessful—style of dominance. Instead, he brought to this debate the more measured and controlled disdain of a man who had considered the matter carefully—and decided that the woman in front of him had no right to control him and that the woman to his right did not deserve to be onstage with him."

As several noted—and Harris herself repeatedly reminded Pence—it was he who was likely out of his depth in comparison to both her incisive intelligence and breadth of experience as the former attorney general-turned-state senator of California. Nevertheless, with the arrogance and cognitive dissonance only a man who has spent the last four years of his life bending to the will of Donald Trump can muster, still, he persisted. Frankly, his bulldozing, however sociopathically calm, wasn’t surprising. Pence has always been the controlled and docile Dr. Jekyll to Trump’s bombastic Mr. Hyde, two faces of the same dangerous and pathological white male superiority complex.

White male dominance is so foundational in American culture and discourse that Page was nearly prone within its grasp, literally thanking the vice president of electoral voters for disrespecting her role as moderator, and consistently allowing him to well exceed his allotted time. No such grace would be afforded to Harris, who repeatedly attempted to reclaim her stolen time with far more resistance from Page, who suddenly found her fortitude when regulating the Democratic vice-presidential candidate.

Were our democracy not hanging in the balance, it would’ve been an almost hysterically teachable moment, since the dynamic of the three individuals on that stage was a microcosm of American politics (and by extension, society) itself: the white man emboldened by his presumption of place; the woman of color dutifully if begrudgingly playing by the prescribed rules to fight the good fight against tyranny, and the 53 percent of white women too cowed by their proximity to white male power to do the right and rational thing in respect for the greater good.

These were the more obvious, all-too-familiar dynamics at play on the stage last night—but they made Harris’ simple and yet stunning declaration, “I’m speaking,” all the more significant. Women everywhere—and likely of every political persuasion—no doubt saw themselves in the much-remarked-upon moment when Harris dared to assert that she too was entitled to her time, space, and assertions about our democracy.

“Mr. Vice President. I am speaking.”

Women across social media immediately recognized Pence’s behavior as a facet of patriarchy and misogyny every woman has experienced, from the boardroom to our bedrooms. But make no mistake: Harris’ declaration most deeply resonated with those of us living very specific experience of being Black women in America.

Yes, us—you know, the ones expected to save a precious democracy that has never prioritized us (notably, doing that and other work for an average $.62 on the dollar paid to white men in the same positions). Us, upon whom the weight of being the “cleanup woman” for America’s messes is always thrust, no matter how high we climb—and especially while attempting to ascend to the second-highest seat in the land. Us, who remain the pragmatists despite blatant prejudices—not because we’re weak, but because we’ve historically found success in subverting the system from within. (Case in point: it was Black women who lobbied Biden to choose Harris as his running mate, in spite of many concurrently holding misgivings about her prosecutorial record.)

“America has this deep sense of Black women as people who come in to clean up the mess that they make. That has historically been our position,” educator and author of Eloquent Rage, Brittney Cooper, recently told us during a recent episode of The Root’s new podcast, It’s Lit! “I call it us doing the custodial work of democracy,” she continued, adding, “I hope that Kamala will not be constricted by that. And then she will be able to do the thing that Black women typically do, which is that we clean up the mess and then, we make some new possibilities...though I typically just think America gives us shit and then tells us they gave us a trophy.”

Given both the amount of shit and the outsized expectations placed upon Harris as she aspires to the vice presidency, her own assertion of her right to speak pales in comparison. And yet, while many will report on the moment, fewer will recognize or appreciate the tightrope she walked on Wednesday night. Teetering precariously between white disdain, male dismissal, and Black distrust, Harris was tasked with neither being too angry, nor too reactive, nor too...much. Arguably, this also includes being burdened with the restraint of not being too brilliant or dynamic, so as not to upstage the man she was there to represent and support (whom she had also previously trounced on the debate stage).

As noted by several Black women online, this is a dance exclusive to the Black female experience. Kerry Washington rightly noted (in response to a presumable criticism of Harris’ performance by CNN’s Dana Bash, no less) “the mental & emotional gymnastic required of Black women in these situations,” tweeting, “[There’s] not a chance in the world [Kamala Harris] wasn’t thinking about this. We don’t ever NOT think about it. Her superpower?! Making it look easy.”

To further understand both the nuances at play and Harris’ masterful restraint, one need look no further than Page’s complicity in upholding a white man’s right to speak over both her and the woman of color on stage, contrasted with her effective punishment of Harris for Pence’s rudeness. Page’s passivity echoed the largest failure of white feminism, which, for all its altruism, has unfailingly centered whiteness, first and foremost. (In case you’re wondering, Page says she “felt good about how it went,” reports The Hill.) That Harris should have to reclaim her time from the person tasked with keeping it echoed the ways in which Black feminists have been forced to reimagine and reclaim a liberation movement we helped build.

And so, we must center ourselves. Long after it leaves the news cycle, “I’m speaking” should be more than a meme-able moment. For Black women, it is a rallying cry. Our much-depended-upon participation in this ongoing American project cannot be predicated upon our silence. We are speaking, we are holding our space, and we are entitled to hold you accountable.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2020, 06:23 PM   #458
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Il Duce

So, tomorrow, Donald Trump will stand on the grand balcony of the WH and salute his followers below in the grand style of Il Duce. The flags will wave, the crowd will wave, Donald will do his little wrist wave.

He becomes his own hero.

But I do wonder if he has had a good look at the last photo taken of Il Duce and his mistress, Clara Petacci in 1945.

Cover your eyes Melania.

BTW. Someone should tell Jared Kushner that Il Duce had his own son-in-law, Count Galeazzo Ciano, executed in 1944 cause he falsely believed he had betrayed him.

Take care Jared.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2020, 08:30 PM   #459
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thinking quietly

The thought came to me today that elected democrats in office, have certainly lived and breathed their roles as elected officials representing Democrats everywhere. Wow, I think they have gone above set expectations and achieved a certain standard that I think sets them apart from ordinary senators and representatives. They have accomplished so much, in spite of adversarial attacks on a daily basis, if not more.

It's been a harrowing 10 months in progress. And a lot of books published by the most unlikely authors. The national election is almost here. Covid-19 is still on the rise. Unemployment is at unheard of levels of danger. We have an unhinged person occupying the WH and it scares me daily, to read on the web or hear anything about them.

I have not seen a ballot in the mailbox yet, but I did get two separate voter guides (lots of stuff to read).

It's possible the ballot will show up by next week, maybe? Not sure. I'm guessing it will come toward the last of the month.

But, yes, that's what I got to wondering about today, how our elected officials have been working relentlessly with hardly any break in pace. I find that humbling that they do all they can. I feel SO tired for them, just thinking about it. But grateful for all they do and continue to do.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2020, 03:45 AM   #460
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default How dumb are these people who show up at these rallies?

SANFORD, Fla. —
After having to leave the campaign trail because of a diagnosis of COVID-19, President Donald Trump held a rally Monday evening in Sanford.
Trump spoke at Orlando Sanford International Airport in front of a large crowd that drew supporters to the venue more than 24 hours before he was set to take the stage. The thousands of supporters stood shoulder-to-shoulder, many of them not wearing masks.

The president made a dramatic entrance on Air Force One, walking directly off the plane and onto the stage to address his supporters. “It’s great to be back in my home state, Florida, to make my official return to the campaign trail,” Trump declared.

Trump had been scheduled to attend a rally at the airport Oct. 2, but the event was canceled after he contracted COVID-19.

Monday's rally came as the president faces a stubborn deficit in national and battleground state polls three weeks from Election Day. The Trump campaign said the president will also hold campaign events in Pennsylvania, Iowa and North Carolina this week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: