Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fibromyalgia

I know there has to be other Fibro sufferers here. Its such an insidious and painful disease. Would be nice to have a place where we can share stories, support one another, discuss new medications and therapies that might help us.

Jewel
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Bump...I cant be the only one here with Fibro.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
NikiNik

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
In a relationship.

NikiNik is on a distinguished road

I have it too.. Though in the last year or so it hasn't bothered me as much as it use to. I firmly belive that my aches and pains are not nearly as bad because my head is in a better place than it use to be. Actually a lot of my health problems are a lot better.
NikiNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Yes, your emotional state DOES have a big effect on Fibro.

Genlte hugs,
Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiNik View Post
I have it too.. Though in the last year or so it hasn't bothered me as much as it use to. I firmly belive that my aches and pains are not nearly as bad because my head is in a better place than it use to be. Actually a lot of my health problems are a lot better.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

*raising hand*

I am in what is probably my worst fibro flare in over 10 years.

Not a happy camper,
C
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
NikiNik

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
In a relationship.

NikiNik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
*raising hand*

Not a happy camper,
C
Sorry to hear that sweetie.. I feel your pain and hope that you get to feeling better soon.
NikiNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

My mother was diagnosed with Fibro in the early 90s when they were still saying it wasn't a Sure thing type disease....
They're suspecting I have it, from time to time I get 'flares' that closely resemble the symptoms....
'specially when I'm stressed, or the weather's not optimal
But then, I try hard not to let things stress me too much because then I trigger asthma, and Cluster headaches, depending how bad the stress level is....

There's a medication out for Fibromyalgia, but when the commercial reads all the side effects, it's unreal...
The "cure" is worse than the sickness....
Old 11-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Awww honey, Im so sorry. Sleep is the single most important thing for us fibro sufferers. And please be kind to yourself my friend. I know its not easy. Has anyone tried Cymbalta? Ive been on it since it came out. It doesnt help the pain, but it helps the fibro fog and some other symptoms that I have.

I need to unburden my soul about something that I am very very scared about. I had some labwork done a few weeks ago and got the results today. I tested postive for an autoimmune disease that require further labwork and tests. It could be lupus. Who knows. Im scared to death. Those of you who know me, know I have already been put thru the ringer these past 7 years healthwise. I know that I will get thru this just like I have everything else. But Im scared. And tired. Ive had my fill. I try and have a positive attitude and not complain. So Im sorry if it comes off like that.

Im glad we started this thread and can support each other.

Gentle hugs,
Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
*raising hand*

Not a happy camper,
C
Old 11-13-2009, 03:03 AM   #9
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,623 Times in 3,977 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I was diagnosed with Fibro in 1989. I had it mastered until 2007 when I was hit by a semi..twice. After herniating four back discs, it flared up my fibro. I just spent this year trying and succeeding getting the fibro to a point where I could tell the difference between it and the pain from my back injury. I am so well, in fact, I am going back to work. Rest, water therapy, muscle relaxers, a change in diet...did I say rest>? These were my tools...
Old 11-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Good for you softness. I wish you continued success in the Fibro battle. Nice to see you again btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I was diagnosed with Fibro in 1989. I had it mastered until 2007 when I was hit by a semi..twice. After herniating four back discs, it flared up my fibro. I just spent this year trying and succeeding getting the fibro to a point where I could tell the difference between it and the pain from my back injury. I am so well, in fact, I am going back to work. Rest, water therapy, muscle relaxers, a change in diet...did I say rest>? These were my tools...
Old 11-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,623 Times in 3,977 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
Good for you softness. I wish you continued success in the Fibro battle. Nice to see you again btw.
good to see you, too, Jewel, and so many others! It actually feels like a community here...
Old 11-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #12
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Trying to keep this thread alive for all of us Fibro folk.

Gentle hugs,
Jewel
Old 11-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #13
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I got a PM asking me what Fibro is, so I am quoting a very short definition from the National Fibromyalgia Associations website:

Fibromyalgia (pronounced fy-bro-my-AL-ja) is a common and complex chronic pain disorder that affects people physically, mentally and socially. Fibromyalgia is a syndrome rather than a disease. Unlike a disease, which is a medical condition with a specific cause or causes and recognizable signs and symptoms, a syndrome is a collection of signs, symptoms, and medical problems that tend to occur together but are not related to a specific, identifiable cause.

Fibromyalgia, which has also been referred to as fibromyalgia syndrome, fibromyositis and fibrositis, is characterized by chronic widespread pain, multiple tender points, abnormal pain processing, sleep disturbances, fatigue and often psychological distress. For those with severe symptoms, fibromyalgia can be extremely debilitating and interfere with basic daily activities.

Whether you have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia or suffer from its symptoms, or have a family member or friend with the disorder, this section is designed to provide you with a better understanding of this chronic pain disorder that affects millions of people worldwide.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #14
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Personally I have found that rest is ESSENTIAL! There's just no gettin around it, lots of rest. I finally reached a point where I figured out the signs of an oncoming flareup. I then discovered if I slept as much as my body wanted to sleep that I could at times keep it at bay. I would sometimes sleep 4 hours in the afternoon/evening, get up for a few hours and then go back to bed and sleep all night. The more I did this the less often a flare up would rear it's ugly head.

I wasn't diagnosed until around 2003, but now that I "know" I can see the symptoms going as far back as the early 80's. I lived with progressing pain for at least 20 years until it reached a point that I just couldn't tolerate it any longer. I was missing work because I could barely walk, my hands hurt so bad I could barely use a computer, etc. etc. Pain is an odd thing, it will sneak up on you and the next thing you know you think it's "normal", when in reality it's anything but.
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #15
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I'm raising my hand...I was diagnosed in the early 90's along with hypo thyroid disease. It was a pretty intense time before I was diagnosed. It was all very slow and progressive, I noticed the pain and sore spots but I stayed very active.

Earlier in my treatment I tried a lot of drugs at my Dr.s insistence ...Wrong thing for me. I just have not found much that does help other than some basic things...lots of rest, stay warm, stay active, eat right and take my muscle relaxers, do a toke at night. The "fog" is killing me though. The mental impact, especially when I am tired, can be intolerable at times. I'm learning things and doing things differently but there are days it takes everything that I have to make it thru. It has only been recently that I have had it this bad.

I see a rheumatologist every 5 years for Lupus testing and to keep an eye on my Fibro. I have an appt in Jan so I am anxious as to what will happen or ? Lupus runs in my family.

Lady Jewel..I'm sorry this is happening. If there is anything I can do just holler.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #16
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Kim, Im so sorry that you are a part of our "elite" club . The fibro "fog" is tough. Especially for those around us that dont understand it. Ive been on Cymbalta since it came out, and while it does nothing for the fibro pain, it has helped with the "fog" a bit.

Im going to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that when January arrives, you will get nothing but positive news.

And thank you for your support. It means a lot.

Gentle hugs to all,
Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
I'm raising my hand...I was diagnosed in the early 90's along with hypo thyroid disease. It was a pretty intense time before I was diagnosed. It was all very slow and progressive, I noticed the pain and sore spots but I stayed very active.

Earlier in my treatment I tried a lot of drugs at my Dr.s insistence ...Wrong thing for me. I just have not found much that does help other than some basic things...lots of rest, stay warm, stay active, eat right and take my muscle relaxers, do a toke at night. The "fog" is killing me though. The mental impact, especially when I am tired, can be intolerable at times. I'm learning things and doing things differently but there are days it takes everything that I have to make it thru. It has only been recently that I have had it this bad.

I see a rheumatologist every 5 years for Lupus testing and to keep an eye on my Fibro. I have an appt in Jan so I am anxious as to what will happen or ? Lupus runs in my family.

Lady Jewel..I'm sorry this is happening. If there is anything I can do just holler.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #17
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
Kim, Im so sorry that you are a part of our "elite" club . The fibro "fog" is tough. Especially for those around us that dont understand it. Ive been on Cymbalta since it came out, and while it does nothing for the fibro pain, it has helped with the "fog" a bit.

Im going to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that when January arrives, you will get nothing but positive news.

And thank you for your support. It means a lot.

Gentle hugs to all,
Jewel
Thank you. I really have a hard time trusting all the new drugs, they are almost all still psychotropic, if not all. They send me through the roof with anxiety. I've very, very cautious of them. How long have you been on Cymbalta? I believe that I am more hormonally impacted--that is where I feel and know I need to keep the greatest balance.

One of the things I think I am going to do is to have a 24 hour saliva test done and analyzed. I've had such positive results with vitamin and diet changes that I wonder what more I can benefit from and at what cost.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #18
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Default a little support :)

good evening. i do not have fibromyalgia, just wanted to say hi, after reading this thread, {{{{ kimbo }}}} and may you all have a gentle week

i overheard someone a few weeks ago make a comment that too much iron made her symptoms worse.

best,
belle
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #19
Stacy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning Everyone!
I'm about 90% certain I have Fibro~
I haven't been officially diagnosed by a physician, but from my understanding, they have no definitive test for it. I've researched and diagnosed myself. (I have no health insurance at the moment) I've decided to treat it with exercise and stress management.
I was taking way too much Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I quit taking that daily and now sometimes go a couple weeks without any. For me it's really about learning to live with the pain.
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #20
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Welcome to the club Mom <g>. The most important thing for us fbro suffererers is sleep. You must get as much sleep as possible. And do your research on Fibro, theres a lot of useful info online.

Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviantMom View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
I'm about 90% certain I have Fibro~
I haven't been officially diagnosed by a physician, but from my understanding, they have no definitive test for it. I've researched and diagnosed myself. (I have no health insurance at the moment) I've decided to treat it with exercise and stress management.
I was taking way too much Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I quit taking that daily and now sometimes go a couple weeks without any. For me it's really about learning to live with the pain.