Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

paying dues might get you in the club but it doesnt grant acceptance as a member. I get very tired of stupidity riding out in behaviors and words from some self important people in our community. It seems they target some segments of our community, from trans folks to POC to BBW to PIR (people in recovery)....sometimes we can stand inside the rainbow and the other colors scatter or else they shove us out of the way so our own colors get diluted or disappear. I am weary of watching it and I am certainly weary of it affecting me personally....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #3822
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

The last couple of days are weighing heavily on My mind
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #3823
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I say go for it!

Good luck!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhmboyrd View Post
trying to decide how i am going to manage taking on school on top of everything else
i know i need to pursue the degree, and it sure would help me advance here
but UGH
i haven't been in school for......
uh.... well.......
OMG almost 30 years
godzilla i got old!
so yeah
to school or not to school..............
ARGH!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #3824
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

The fact my back hasn't stopped hurting since a elderly woman rear ended my car almost two weeks ago. This shit just needs to f**king go away!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #3825
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

People who take others hostage with their incessant drama and unhealthy obsessions. I wish them all the joy and happiness in the world on their path. They have their own lessons to learn. But, I really do not need that kind of energy or negativity in my life in any way.

So, I'll brush it off, ignore the drama, and move on along my path having learned a few more lessons that will contribute to my growth and life experience.

On to bigger, better, and more challenging things!
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #3826
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for the encouragement, Zimmy!

I'm meeting with my advisor to discuss law school (with a focus in women's issues and LGBT rights) or a PhD in Women and Gender Studies. Either way, it sounds like a lot more school is in my future but both paths sound super cool.

Good luck in nursing school! You'll do great!

Laerkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmygLrL View Post
Good Morning Laerkin,

I say go for it! I have a Bachelor's Degree in computer programming and decided I needed a change. I started college on Monday to become a registered nurse.. You can never have enough education!

Good luck!

Zimmy
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #3827
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerkin View Post
People who take others hostage with their incessant drama and unhealthy obsessions. I wish them all the joy and happiness in the world on their path. They have their own lessons to learn. But, I really do not need that kind of energy or negativity in my life in any way.

So, I'll brush it off, ignore the drama, and move on along my path having learned a few more lessons that will contribute to my growth and life experience.

On to bigger, better, and more challenging things!

I could not have said it better Myself, Laerkin. smiles. As My Dad always said.. kill them with kindness and take the high road..
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #3828
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

ARGH!!!! Those dreaded email forwards I get daily from my Dad...they cover a wide range of subjects, i.e. anti-Obama, religious, pro-Islamophobia, pro-Hispaniphobia, narrow minded, pro-war, some tea party-like stuff, etc. Many contain misinformation.

For some reason people believe that if it comes in their email it must be true especially if it references Snopes. They don't bother going to Snopes independently of the email to read exactly what, if anything, the site has to say about the subject. Sometimes it merely confirms that the person who wrote whatever the email claims was written but fails to confirm, dispute or discredit the topic/facts.

I know that some day I will actually miss getting these emails from Dad but so help me I could just scream when he and my stepmother pass this garbage along.

When I see him this weekend I know the proposed Islamic Center in lower Manahattan will come up. As will the topic of immigration. I have 2 things to say in reponse to those topics:

1 -- I will ask my Dad "What if the 9-11 terrorists had been Roman Catholic?"

2 -- I will remind him and my stepmother that their ancestors who came to this country pre-Mayflower or on the Mayflower can be considered invaders or illegal immigrants. Think about it...exactly what gave them the right to move here and just take over forcing out the Native Americans who were sovereign nations with governments? Any nobody better give me that "Well you have to remember what the times were then..." crap.

OK, I can hear Shelia now - "Honey, you've had too much caffeine and it's way to early in the morning for your brain to be switched on in this manner..."

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 06:08 AM   #3829
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

How to write a business plan without tearing my hair out~
Old 09-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #3830
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

getting ready to head back up to wyo to sit with my brother while his last days are spent in hospice.... we new this was comming but it doesnt make it any easier. just dont want him to be alone even if they are keeping him so druged he doesnt know anyones there.
wondering if liam nows any good places to hang in powell.
asphaltcowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to asphaltcowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #3831
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Job search is not going well here
Contemplating what I should do next
Time is of the essence, I'll be in this house alone soon
I told R the most cats I can keep is 4 possibly 5
She siad she's not worried about placing the others
I sure hope she's right
I worry some of them may die from broken hearts when they have to leave me
It's one of the hardest choices I've ever had to make
The pain in my heart hurts and weighs heavy on me daily
I find tears flowing regularly now as I think about them
I wished I had a better solution but I don't
I just don't have the finances to keep them all together
I keep telling myself, rescues are supposed to go to good homes
What if they're not good homes and R rushes to place them
In the end, I'm the one that'll hurt over this not her

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #3832
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

she is on my mind

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #3833
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Thank you Laerkin!

I am really enjoying my Anatomy and Physiology class! Your focus sounds interesting and very good at the same time! A friend of mine from the dash site is doing a similar plan. Hy is taking classes to become a Sociologist. I sent hym Trans Liberation: Beyong Pink or Blue by Leslie Feinberg, they don't sell it in Europe.

Have a good night and a good holiday weekend,

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerkin View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, Zimmy!

I'm meeting with my advisor to discuss law school (with a focus in women's issues and LGBT rights) or a PhD in Women and Gender Studies. Either way, it sounds like a lot more school is in my future but both paths sound super cool.

Good luck in nursing school! You'll do great!

Laerkin
Old 09-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #3834
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

((((Wolfy))),

Letting go of your beloved pets is a hard thing to do. Five years ago, I had to do it, I was moving in with my oldest bro after my ex and I broke up, and my nephew is allergic to them.

Leaving you with friendly hugs and hope you have a good night,

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Job search is not going well here
Contemplating what I should do next
Time is of the essence, I'll be in this house alone soon
I told R the most cats I can keep is 4 possibly 5
She siad she's not worried about placing the others
I sure hope she's right
I worry some of them may die from broken hearts when they have to leave me
It's one of the hardest choices I've ever had to make
The pain in my heart hurts and weighs heavy on me daily
I find tears flowing regularly now as I think about them
I wished I had a better solution but I don't
I just don't have the finances to keep them all together
I keep telling myself, rescues are supposed to go to good homes
What if they're not good homes and R rushes to place them
In the end, I'm the one that'll hurt over this not her
Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #3835
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Waiting for one, decent nights sleep which doesn't involve me having to get myself stoned on painkillers so I can lay comfortably.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #3836
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

my mind is on others and how the man with no shoes thought he had it bad until he met the man with no feet.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #3837
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Another Friday night with a bottle of Arkansas wine
Why does it have to be so good
I finished the whole damn bottle..............again

Some may say they see a pattern here
I see nothing right now, really

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #3838
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
my mind is on others and how the man with no shoes thought he had it bad until he met the man with no feet.

This my friend is sad even in my inebriated state I feel you and hear you

Old 09-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #3839
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
This my friend is sad even in my inebriated state I feel you and hear you
Wolfy? Please watch this video and be grateful with me that we are alive in the here and now, and that truly...there is always someone who has it worse yet has the ability to humble us.

SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #3840
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Wolfy? Please watch this video and be grateful with me that we are alive in the here and now, and that truly...there is always someone who has it worse yet has the ability to humble us.

Thank you for sharing this and wow this truly humbled me