Old 03-31-2010, 11:57 PM   #1781
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

The finger I cut with a handsaw yesterday really hurts today and is a little swollen.

Must make mental note: what the hell was I thinking

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #1782
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
The finger I cut with a handsaw yesterday really hurts today and is a little swollen.

Must make mental note: what the hell was I thinking
u better clean that out real good and get some neosporin on it, swollen is a sign of infection. (i cut my finger with a saw the other day in my jewelry making class--jewelry is dangerous work)
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #1783
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

I can't sleep due to the most horrendous headache.

I have gone through every cupboard in the kitchen, looking for any bits of yummy food and there is nothing, nothing I tell you.

*sigh*
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #1784
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
u better clean that out real good and get some neosporin on it, swollen is a sign of infection. (i cut my finger with a saw the other day in my jewelry making class--jewelry is dangerous work)

Thanks pretty, I never even thought about that.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
Old 04-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #1785
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

its always interesting to see the pot calling the kettle black and whats really illuminating is that some people just cant look at themselves at all.......lol
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #1786
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am NOT a nasty neighbor, PROMISE... I am ashamed I said NO!

Truly, I think this has become a case of "being taken advantage of"....

After coming home from dad's funeral (with the exhausting travel headaches and being torn up about having to leave my brother and 2 nieces behind) I have been promptly, nearly every day, bombarded by the young, very able-bodied neighbor to be her "taxi" (this went on before the funeral too), so I posted a HUGE sign that says DO NOT DISTURB on my front door...(with some text explaining that I respectfully needed some rest and not to disturb unless it's urgent)... To be honest, I got tired - after already being exhausted - of this neighbor ringing the door bell several times a day to take her to work or other places (both her jobs are less than 2 miles away and we are on a bus route plus her family lives less than 4 blocks away)...

I certainly DON'T mind helping people out and I have always been very proud to be an "old fashioned" helpful, caring neighbor that believes in the kind of community where everyone helps out their neighbors, no matter how small the favor or how inconvenient it may be.

But for some reason, for the very first time in my life, a neighbor is REALLY starting to annoy me on a regular basis (maybe it's the overwhelming grief and heartache I've been through that has worn me down?) and for the very first time EVER, I have said NO to a neighbor.

After posting the DO NOT DISTURB UNLESS URGENT sign, she rang the door bell 3 days ago and handed me 2 pieces of my mail (I have a mail slot in my door)... (I have told her time and time again NOT to ring the door bell because the dogs go OFF... to knock instead.) She then stood around chatting about NOTHING but her mail and wouldn't make eye contact... then she finally said, "I was gonna ask for a ride to work, but I saw your sign."...Mind you, this was a VERY sunny day that many people would have enjoyed the very short hike to Outback Steakhouse where she works...I told her I had just taken my prescription pain pills that I can't drive with...she said "are you sure?"... I got this cross/serious look on my face and then she stood there hemming and hawing about the items she got in the mail again...then left.

Today, my sign is still up and I was enjoying a quiet, peaceful day soaking up the sunshine in my new "work from home office".... I nearly jumped outa my skin when she rang the door bell SEVERAL TIMES quickly... Willy went OFF so bad I had to lock him in the crate (I've tried so hard to break him of this)... I knew who it was. She asked for a ride to the grocery store "to get chicken". While I was trying to control BOTH dogs (who normally are the sweetest dogs EVER, but growl, snarl and snap at her)... I was privately thinking "CAN'T YOU READ? DON'T YOU HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR SOMEONE WHO IS RECENTLY GRIEVING A LOSS? ARE YOU FOR REAL? NOW SERIOUSLY, THIS IS OVER THE TOP!!" .... it's another REALLY beautiful day out and I know for a fact that she is very able-bodied... I told her "No, I have a new job working from home and I can't leave the phones." She says "not even for a couple minutes?" ... inside me, I start to growl!! just like Willy!... the store is RIGHT BESIDE Outback Steakhouse. I very curtly and firmly said "I can't leave the house, I'm very sorry. But if you need ANYTHING from my pantry or fridge, please come in and help yourself, I have a full pantry and have some fresh chicken. You are welcome to anything I have, but I can't leave the house." She gives me a line of bull about "No thanks, I'll just walk down [3 blocks] to the Chinese place and get some chicken." and she hurry's off my porch as if I had slapped her.

I am very ashamed with myself for saying NO and for allowing an inconvenient, obviously clueless neighbor get on my nerves so bad. (please note, I NEVER lied to her or made excuses, I simply told her the truth and chose not to take her anywhere...and she doesn't ever offer gas money)

I am ashamed with myself... but at the same time, I am pissed off with feeling I'm being taken advantage of.

Sorry for my rant....
I would NEVER say NO to a neighbor that I knew truly needed the help... . But the other day when she asked for a ride, she said "I can't get a cab, can you take me to work?" It was the very day after I got back from the funeral, I said "I'm sorry, I can't, I'm exhausted, but I'm sure the landlady will take you, want me to call her?"... she said "No, can I use your phone?" ... so I handed it to her... she called the taxi service and asked for a taxi, which arrived in less than 10 minutes This kind of thing has happened ever since she moved in.

Am I being taken advantage of?? Or is it just my raw emotions that make her annoy me?
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #1787
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

One of the hardest things I've learned is to say no. I don't have to have an excuse. If I'm busy or have company or for whatever reason don't want to do something,I just say no. Sometimes that is hard for me because usually it is someone I care about wanting me to do some piddly something, that doesn't have to be done right now. Like Mom, suddenly all of her needs are immediate she can't wait for anything. But then she's my Ma, I don't make her wait much.

Yes you are being taken advantage of and obviously she knows exactly how to push your buttons and does well at it. Don't let her get to you. Just from now on say no, no explanation necessary. Now you might ask if she'd like to go to the store with you when you go. Then she has no reason to ask you to take her later. Personally with all that running her around, if she asks again, ask her for her SSI # and if you can claim her on ya taxes next year. Ya not her Mom, ya don't owe her not
hing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post

After coming home from dad's funeral (with the exhausting travel headaches and being torn up about having to leave my brother and 2 nieces behind) I have been promptly, nearly every day, bombarded by the young, very able-bodied neighbor to be her "taxi" (this went on before the funeral too), so I posted a HUGE sign that says DO NOT DISTURB on my front door...(with some text explaining that I respectfully needed some rest and not to disturb unless it's urgent)... To be honest, I got tired - after already being exhausted - of this neighbor ringing the door bell several times a day to take her to work or other places (both her jobs are less than 2 miles away and we are on a bus route plus her family lives less than 4 blocks away)...

I certainly DON'T mind helping people out and I have always been very proud to be an "old fashioned" helpful, caring neighbor that believes in the kind of community where everyone helps out their neighbors, no matter how small the favor or how inconvenient it may be.

But for some reason, for the very first time in my life, a neighbor is REALLY starting to annoy me on a regular basis (maybe it's the overwhelming grief and heartache I've been through that has worn me down?) and for the very first time EVER, I have said NO to a neighbor.

After posting the DO NOT DISTURB UNLESS URGENT sign, she rang the door bell 3 days ago and handed me 2 pieces of my mail (I have a mail slot in my door)... (I have told her time and time again NOT to ring the door bell because the dogs go OFF... to knock instead.) She then stood around chatting about NOTHING but her mail and wouldn't make eye contact... then she finally said, "I was gonna ask for a ride to work, but I saw your sign."...Mind you, this was a VERY sunny day that many people would have enjoyed the very short hike to Outback Steakhouse where she works...I told her I had just taken my prescription pain pills that I can't drive with...she said "are you sure?"... I got this cross/serious look on my face and then she stood there hemming and hawing about the items she got in the mail again...then left.

Today, my sign is still up and I was enjoying a quiet, peaceful day soaking up the sunshine in my new "work from home office".... I nearly jumped outa my skin when she rang the door bell SEVERAL TIMES quickly... Willy went OFF so bad I had to lock him in the crate (I've tried so hard to break him of this)... I knew who it was. She asked for a ride to the grocery store "to get chicken". While I was trying to control BOTH dogs (who normally are the sweetest dogs EVER, but growl, snarl and snap at her)... I was privately thinking "CAN'T YOU READ? DON'T YOU HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR SOMEONE WHO IS RECENTLY GRIEVING A LOSS? ARE YOU FOR REAL? NOW SERIOUSLY, THIS IS OVER THE TOP!!" .... it's another REALLY beautiful day out and I know for a fact that she is very able-bodied... I told her "No, I have a new job working from home and I can't leave the phones." She says "not even for a couple minutes?" ... inside me, I start to growl!! just like Willy!... the store is RIGHT BESIDE Outback Steakhouse. I very curtly and firmly said "I can't leave the house, I'm very sorry. But if you need ANYTHING from my pantry or fridge, please come in and help yourself, I have a full pantry and have some fresh chicken. You are welcome to anything I have, but I can't leave the house." She gives me a line of bull about "No thanks, I'll just walk down [3 blocks] to the Chinese place and get some chicken." and she hurry's off my porch as if I had slapped her.

I am very ashamed with myself for saying NO and for allowing an inconvenient, obviously clueless neighbor get on my nerves so bad. (please note, I NEVER lied to her or made excuses, I simply told her the truth and chose not to take her anywhere...and she doesn't ever offer gas money)

I am ashamed with myself... but at the same time, I am pissed off with feeling I'm being taken advantage of.

Sorry for my rant....
I would NEVER say NO to a neighbor that I knew truly needed the help... . But the other day when she asked for a ride, she said "I can't get a cab, can you take me to work?" It was the very day after I got back from the funeral, I said "I'm sorry, I can't, I'm exhausted, but I'm sure the landlady will take you, want me to call her?"... she said "No, can I use your phone?" ... so I handed it to her... she called the taxi service and asked for a taxi, which arrived in less than 10 minutes This kind of thing has happened ever since she moved in.

Am I being taken advantage of?? Or is it just my raw emotions that make her annoy me?
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #1788
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

ohhhh Blade,
I can't THANK YOU enough for your support, encouragement, and positive advice!! I love how strong and assertive your post comes over as. Thank ya darlin'!!!

I do have trouble saying no to neighbors in need or family/friends. And I told my landlady that I didn't want anyone seeing me as a nasty neighbor. (My landlady was pissed that she ignored my Do Not Disturb sign.) But after you so kindly shared your support, I think I will do as I did with my son... "it's Tough Love for you buddy!"

Your support is VERY appreciated!! I've been told I am too hard on myself and this issue was nagging at me.

***hands Blade a blueberry smoothie***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
One of the hardest things I've learned is to say no. I don't have to have an excuse. If I'm busy or have company or for whatever reason don't want to do something,I just say no. Sometimes that is hard for me because usually it is someone I care about wanting me to do some piddly something, that doesn't have to be done right now. Like Mom, suddenly all of her needs are immediate she can't wait for anything. But then she's my Ma, I don't make her wait much.

Yes you are being taken advantage of and obviously she knows exactly how to push your buttons and does well at it. Don't let her get to you. Just from now on say no, no explanation necessary. Now you might ask if she'd like to go to the store with you when you go. Then she has no reason to ask you to take her later. Personally with all that running her around, if she asks again, ask her for her SSI # and if you can claim her on ya taxes next year. Ya not her Mom, ya don't owe her not
hing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #1789
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I washed the kitchen floor, baker's rack and wiped down the cupboards today. I am beyond sleepy. If Starbucks doesn't fix me, I'm going to cut my losses and go to bed super early.
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #1790
sweetfemme247

How Do You Identify?:
fem
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme, she, her, baby, sweetie
Relationship Status:
holding my heart close and putting back up a wall

sweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputationsweetfemme247 Has the BEST Reputation

I am over joyed today, Ian my cousins friend MOVED OUT! That means I dont have to clean up after slobs anymore, I am so happy.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
Jim Rohn
sweetfemme247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #1791
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

Am I REALLY going to do spring cleaning over my 3-day weekend like I told everyone I was going to do?
moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to moxie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #1792
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ummmmm

HUGE Note to self: Do NOT make or drink coffee tomorrow!!
I had 2 large 16oz Contigo Mugs full today and have been WIRED FOR SOUND!!
Like a puppy wired up on Strawberry Twizzlers!!!
I'm trying to get back into a "normal" work schedule after being off for several months... the alarm goes off very early... I'm STILL wired for sound!
*Kicking self in flat-ass!!*

My Netflix DVDs were delivered today.... guess I'll watch all 8 episodes of NCIS tonight before I get an hour's sleep?
Molly and Lucy look at me like I'm their crack dealer and they need a fix when I whip the Twizzlers out. I don't give them any (who wants 90 pounds of dog going through a sugar fit?) but they make sure, that if I ever DID decide to give them some, they would be mighty appreciative!

Quote:

Sorry for my rant....

Blade was too nice. So are you. The next time she does anything like that, get me her number. I'll give her a good talking to. She's not only taking advantage of you, but is obviously lazy and couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone else's feelings/time/needs/etc. Seriously.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #1793
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Anna Pacquin's accouncement that she is bisexual...

http://www.people.com/people/article...356805,00.html
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #1794
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Molly and Lucy look at me like I'm their crack dealer and they need a fix when I whip the Twizzlers out. I don't give them any (who wants 90 pounds of dog going through a sugar fit?) but they make sure, that if I ever DID decide to give them some, they would be mighty appreciative!

Blade was too nice. So are you. The next time she does anything like that, get me her number. I'll give her a good talking to. She's not only taking advantage of you, but is obviously lazy and couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone else's feelings/time/needs/etc. Seriously.
LMCuteAO!!! 90 pound Sugar Hounds!! What is it with the Twizzlers and my Grampa's dog Pickles with his Snickers bars? OMG!! My Mom's old dog Lucky would come running when he heard you say "OH SHIT" when you dropped food... but he wouldn't come when you called his name!!!

Gemme, Blade! My Heros!!
Yeah, I am a bit TOO nice some times... but Gemme pegged it!! The brat next door is lazy and doesn't give a rat's ass!! After today, I've HAD IT! When she rings that door bell tomorrow, I'll get her number and close the door in her face. (but she's always saying she's "out of minutes, can I use your phone?") Like Blade said and I took to heart... I don't owe her nothing! Time to grow up and get lost!

WUV U BOTH!! Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #1795
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Knowing it is 9:30pm.. and having the sliding glass door to the deck open.. and feeling the warm breeze come through the livingroom carrying the sound of the peepers in with it. It is moments like these that you realize what it is all about.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #1796
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:

Sorry for my rant....

Sweet, good thing she's not my neighbor. If I was you and watched her dial a taxi to take her to work knowing she never pays you for gas, I would've said, btw, when I do feel better the next ride you ask me for will cost you what the taxi did. After all, I am giving curbside service.

You are not being a bad neighbor, but you are being taken advantage of. Like Gemme said, give me her phone number because I got her number on just how she uses you. You are way too nice......so, stop it. Don't offer to let her shop in your pantry and cut the rides out. Shopping at the store when you do, IS all you should offer because you're not having to go out of your way. Time to tell her, here's a quarter, go call someone who cares.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #1797
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I watched this show on growing marshmallows, they are planted by hand, nurtured till they are rich and sweet...it was so cute.

Now I want to be a marshmallow farmer!
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #1798
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My 3 day weekend with him and hoping my breathing gets better.. My sinus infection and bronchitis has about done me in...
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #1799
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Sweet, good thing she's not my neighbor. If I was you and watched her dial a taxi to take her to work knowing she never pays you for gas, I would've said, btw, when I do feel better the next ride you ask me for will cost you what the taxi did. After all, I am giving curbside service.

You are not being a bad neighbor, but you are being taken advantage of. Like Gemme said, give me her phone number because I got her number on just how she uses you. You are way too nice......so, stop it. Don't offer to let her shop in your pantry and cut the rides out. Shopping at the store when you do, IS all you should offer because you're not having to go out of your way. Time to tell her, here's a quarter, go call someone who cares.

***tilts head forward, looks up with big hazel eyes, pouts a little***
My Friends here at BFP really do have my back... I'm so humbled and flattered!! THANK YOU!!
I am a bit surprised... I thought I would get in trouble for ranting so bad and being a fussy brat. You each really made my day!! This issue had been buggin me for some time... I wanted to call her a user in my first post, but didn't know if that was crossing the line? I wish she would learn the respect that you each showed me today!

Trust me! NO MORE CURBSIDE SERVICE OR FREE PANTRY!! She's the one working and I'm the one on unemployment!

Thanks again for teaching me to stand up for myself!!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #1800
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by puregrrl View Post
Am I REALLY going to do spring cleaning over my 3-day weekend like I told everyone I was going to do?
yep probably NOT LOL
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post: