Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I recently watched "The Conspirator" on DVD, about the Lincoln assassination. It was a little slow sometimes, but I was surprised how much I didn't know the whole story about the men who conspired to assassinate Lincoln, the vice president and some cabinet members.

If you like documentaries, there is a great one that is streaming on Netflix. At least I think it still is. It's called "Steal a Pencil for Me." It's about a couple who survived the Holocaust, but there is much more to the story than just that. I highly recommend it.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #282
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Just watched "Savage Grace" with Julianna Moore on BBCiplayer. People kept saying "barbara! you're drunk" (out of context) to me and I finally know which movie it's from now!

It was good. I had no idea it was the story of the Baekeland family (the grandfather had discovered the original first plastics in the early 1900's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Baekeland) ... very wierd but interesting story about his great grandson's relationship with his mother.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #283
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Edie & Thea: A very long engagement

I usually do not watch so many movies but am a little under the weather today.

In the middle right now of another awesome documentary, also Netflix streaming. It is about two lesbians, butch & femme, that at the time of the movie in 2009, had been together 42-years already.

It is the chronology of their relationship and it is just lovely.

*sigh*

*heavy sigh*

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #284
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

Apollo 18 (the worst movie I've seen since Blair Witch)
Old 09-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #285
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Cheese and Sprinkles!!

Rio

It was very cute!

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #286
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

We watched Mars Needs Moms last night. It's typical Disney fluff, but the stuff on how it was made was fantastic. We loved the song Seth Green made up about the movie.

We also saw SuckerPunch this morning. It's a good, weird, mind fuck. Who knew reality could bend that way? Great visual effects.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #287
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

I have a sore throat and a cough so I am on a movie and tea marathon today, I will spare you the oldies I watch for comfort and stick to the new one. . .

I just saw Priest my house-mate described it as better than a poke in the eye but I liked it. The thing I liked a lot was that there was no conventional love story, although there is a love story. The characters have depth that is unusual in an action movie and there is an exploration of sacrificing temporal relationships for a higher calling, which, again is unusual in an action movie. There were also a few examples of nonsexual passionate love which is nice to see. I am a big fan of sexual passionate love but it is not the only kind and often gets neglected. I liked it.

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary

Last edited by Venus007; 09-11-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: grammar spin out
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #288
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Default The A-Team

I saw about half of "The A-Team" last night...only half because my sleeping med kicked in quite well But what I did get to see I really enjoyed. If you liked the original series, you'll probably like this movie. I give it two thumbs up.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #289
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus007 View Post
I have a sore throat and a cough so I am on a movie and tea marathon today, I will spare you the oldies I watch for comfort and stick to the new one. . .

I just saw Priest my house-mate described it as better than a poke in the eye but I liked it. The thing I liked a lot was that there was no conventional love story, although there is a love story. The characters have depth that is unusual in an action movie and there is an exploration of sacrificing temporal relationships for a higher calling, which, again is unusual in an action movie. There were also a few examples of nonsexual passionate love which is nice to see. I am a big fan of sexual passionate love but it is not the only kind and often gets neglected. I liked it.
We saw this tonight too. I enjoyed it quite a bit, for the reasons you've stated as well as a few others. I found it interesting how they portrayed the vampires. No glorification or twinkling in the sun. Just slimy, super speedy primal beings. That felt more real to me than most of the recent vampiresque flicks and shows.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #290
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Fisher King, it was great!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 04:05 AM   #291
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
We watched Mars Needs Moms last night. It's typical Disney fluff, but the stuff on how it was made was fantastic. We loved the song Seth Green made up about the movie.

We also saw SuckerPunch this morning. It's a good, weird, mind fuck. Who knew reality could bend that way? Great visual effects.
I LOVE Sucker Punch. Yes, a wild imaginative ride indeedy. The boy watched it with me one day and after a while he pipes up with " well.. when is she gonna dance?" The overlapping of realities was fun to explain ( and I am not sure still, if I did it well)

Very heady for an "action" flick, but very interesting.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #292
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I saw The Debt a couple days ago. I liked it.

Crazy, Stupid Love is playing at the little theatre in a nearby town. Has anyone seen this? What do you think?

I'm also real interested in satisfying my girl-kicks-ass side by seeing Columbiana. Sorry if folks posted about it already, but if not, please let me know if you saw it and what you thought.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #293
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Hall Pass .... thought it was funny. Our mouths dropped open a few times - very unexpected laughs. I still can't get over "the sneeze".

Hoodwinked Too! .... cute and funny. We both laughed out loud. If you like Shrek, you'll find this right up that alley.

Your Highness ..... ehh ... it was funny but not as funny as some have described. On a scale of one to five, I give it a three and maybe a half.

I want to see The Debt - I love those kind of movies.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #294
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Contagian.

Now i'm suspect of anyone coughing on the subway.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #295
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
If you like documentaries, there is a great one that is streaming on Netflix. At least I think it still is. It's called "Steal a Pencil for Me." It's about a couple who survived the Holocaust, but there is much more to the story than just that. I highly recommend it.
This was a good film.

If you like this genre, another Netflix stream worth watching is called INHERITANCE.

I found it very riveting and emotional - especially since his daughter (for the longest time) was unaware of what her father was really responsible for.

Imagine watching Schindler's List and knowing the sadistic Nazi camp commandant played by Ralph Fiennes was your father. Inheritance is the story of Monika Hertwig, the daughter of mass murderer Amon Goeth. Hertwig has spent her life in the shadow of her father's sins, trying to come to terms with her "inheritance." She seeks out Helen Jonas, who was enslaved by Goeth and who is one of the few living eyewitnesses to his unspeakable brutality. The women's raw, emotional meeting unearths terrible truths and lingering questions about how the actions of our parents can continue to ripple through generations.
http://www.pbs.org/pov/inheritance/index.php

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #296
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The Beaver - Mel Gibson and Jody Foster.

I'm not big on mental health movies but this one was kind of interesting in a weird way.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #297
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Paul.

We really, really enjoyed it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #298
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

I'm waiting on Brides Maids and X Men First Class.
I heard Brides Maids was hysterical.....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #299
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

I want to go the movies !!!

On my list ..

Abduction
Money Ball
Drive
Contagion
The Debt
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #300
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The Perfect Host with David Hyde Pierce

I tend to do other stuff while watching movies but this one had my full attention as I sat on the edge of my chair going wtf a lot. It was a wonderful blend of who done it and what did they do, psychological thriller, twists and turns to keep you guessing along the way.

One of the best, most entertaining movies I have seen in a long time. Pierce really showed his incredible versatility in this one.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
film, movie